+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 34 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast
Like Tree140Likes

Thread: Catfish- MTV

Re: Catfish- MTV

I am glad to hear I am not the only person questioning the vaildity of this show. I mean, sorry but if someone had lied to me that maliciously why would I ever want to continue a 'friendhsip" with them? If everything about them was false where is any sort of trust??? Perhaps this is a generational thing; younger people are more trusting & forgiving...sigh!

My radar went off last week & that is when I called bullcrap on this show. What girl with a possible "career' in Hollywood would want a relationship with a guy who lives with his parents, can't afford a car/computer/internet??? It didn't add up & I knew Rose didn't smelly rosey.
    Shoepie and jenniferboston1 like this.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I don't disagree with you, but young people are enjoying their fantasy period of life. What we expect at our ages are not, necessarily, realistic when we are way younger. We learn as we live....hopefully. What is very sad is that not everybody learns.

What I am amazed by is how many people are soooo naive.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Fantasy is not reality and that fantasy comes at a price. I don't fully grasp how one can fall in love with someone they have never met in person. I understand caring about someone, heck we are sort of like a family on here, but to want to up & love across the country for someone you don't really know makes we wonder. Like I said perhaps it is a generational thing. I now tend to view reality tv as a comdey show. It is entertainment.
    -Audrey Hepburn.

I suspect that the artwork from Abby's mom to Nev started out real. Then when she threw in the Megan character, Nev got curious and was kind of sure something was not kosher. Then, he got this great idea to explore the fake thing on camera. It it a good idea for a documentary. So, he played it to the hilt with the fake attraction to Megan. He pretended to have this online attraction to her so he could make this movie. By the time they were enroute to meet the real people, they already knew it was fake.

I don't think that Abby's mom knew he was on to her though. I believe her role was real.

This is just my speculation of how the movie came about. Oh, and the little sermon Abby's dad gives at the end of the movie about Catfish. I don't buy for a minuite that he really came up with that story. I think Nev gave it to him to say in anticipation of their movie title.

I Knew It, I Knew It, I Knew It!!!!! Early on last night, I knew the jock was talking to MAN on line, masquerading as a woman. Wow!! Interestingly enough, he even looked, somewhat like a woman with a very close-cut natural hairdo.

Actually, I found it sad, and I felt sorry for him. He was just so pathetic.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I watched the episode last night, but fell asleep during the last few minutes. What happened after Nev excused the fake guy's friends to speak with him alone? That's the last part I saw.

It looked like the jock was upset, but I would think he would be more upset than that. I'm not sure why he took that chance. Now he will forever be teased over this.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I Knew It, I Knew It, I Knew It!!!!! Early on last night, I knew the jock was talking to MAN on line, masquerading as a woman. Wow!! Interestingly enough, he even looked, somewhat like a woman with a very close-cut natural hairdo.

Actually, I found it sad, and I felt sorry for him. He was just so pathetic.
    I called it too!
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I watched the episode last night, but fell asleep during the last few minutes. What happened after Nev excused the fake guy's friends to speak with him alone? That's the last part I saw.

It looked like the jock was upset, but I would think he would be more upset than that. I'm not sure why he took that chance. Now he will forever be teased over this.
    The jock's close friends really think a lot of him, but one of his friends DID guess that he was communicating with a guy.....only to be proven right. I don't think they took any pleasure in his situation; they seem like true friends.

I almost expected the jock to hit "Amanda"/Aaron in the face. He looked like he could have. He was exercising extreme control, I'd say. This was a true example of a young person who was fantasizing about who was on the other end of the computer for 2 years!

When Aaron stayed in the house to talk to his friends, his friends found out that he hadn't even told them about what he was doing. They were surprised and disappointed, to say the least. Aaron was very apologetic to the girls and to the jock. Aaron, since the filming, has moved to New York where he is freer to be himself, and has more support.
    Last edited by prhoshay; 01-15-2013 at 01:29 PM.
    Debb70 likes this.

On the plus side, it appears that these catfishes are not dangerous to the health or pocketbook. And all the tricked people do appear to find empathy for their deceivers. I believe that they all heal.
    jenniferboston1 likes this.
    You can do it!

ITA and I think that's what happened with Megan/Angela. I believe, imo, she was caught up in her fairytale, unlike "Mike" who purposely engaged in an online relationship just to screw with that poor girl.

AND, I would love to know how much the people (who lie) get paid to show their face on tv. If I was caught in a fib, never mind a mind blowing lie, would I want it to be blasted out there for everyone to see and acknowledge! Even for a million, I don't think I'd want to be embarrassed like that publicly.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Well, if nobody brings it up, can't you pretend that the obvious may not exist? I think it starts out as something that people do to pass the time....and everybody wants a 'Cinderella' or a 'Prince Charming'.....not reality. I jus think that people get totally fascinated by their 'fairytale'.

+ Reply to Thread