+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast
Like Tree140Likes

Thread: Catfish- MTV

Re: Catfish- MTV

I believe anything may be staged now.

Not sure if any of you have read the theories on the internet that the movie Catfish was staged. I have read lots about it. I won't go into much of it here though, just that some of the details in the movie don't match up and some of the scenes show places and events that could not have happened as portrayed. I must admit that I am quite suspicious of how Nev was so taken by Abby, Megan and their mother. All that transpired and no red flags went up? I don't know. I'm not sure I really buy it anymore. I'm going to watch it again with fresh eyes.
    Shoepie likes this.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

After the Joe/Kari Ann episode, I'm done with this one. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.
    captain likes this.

I just watched where Melissa pretended she was Abby. And she talked to the single dad guy on fb.

If she was a skinny girl, she would have been excused as a psychopath.

People need to believe they are loved so badly. They will ignore obvious absences.
    You can do it!

FORT Fogey

I smell too much 'set up' with this show. I will continue to watch with a quick FF to the end after watching the first 5 minutes or so.

I find it difficult to believe that so many of these woman have not confronted their "loves" upon their refusal to skype or meet. Nev playing dumb, to a degree, along with them is nuts, as well.
    Fanny Mare likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    I smell too much 'set up' with this show. I will continue to watch with a quick FF to the end after watching the first 5 minutes or so.

I find it difficult to believe that so many of these woman have not confronted their "loves" upon their refusal to skype or meet. Nev playing dumb, to a degree, along with them is nuts, as well.
    I thought I was alone, it does seem very set up. I don't know if I will continue to watch or not
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Well, if nobody brings it up, can't you pretend that the obvious may not exist? I think it starts out as something that people do to pass the time....and everybody wants a 'Cinderella' or a 'Prince Charming'.....not reality. I jus think that people get totally fascinated by their 'fairytale'.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post

I have seen this as Nev trying to be impartial going into the story. It would be extremely rude if he just said up front "You're an idiot to believe this and I'll prove it". AND if his Catfish story is true, then he must have some empathy for the people he is dealing with.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Well, if nobody brings it up, can't you pretend that the obvious may not exist? I think it starts out as something that people do to pass the time....and everybody wants a 'Cinderella' or a 'Prince Charming'.....not reality. I jus think that people get totally fascinated by their 'fairytale'.
    I agree that hearing someone say wonderful nice things about you can be alluring. And, these people that are falling for these fakes may just be trusting people. If they would never consider posing as someone else online, maybe they make that assumption about others as well.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Exactly! I was always a very trusting person, and assumed that others were, too. I learned, in the most "hurt feelings" way that that simply was not true, and I needed to be more wary/cautious.

People need to EARN your trust.....even your own family members.
    ClosetRTWatcher likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

I meant I would like to see candid conversations between Nev and his cameraman. His naivete is not believable. I would not expect him to talk to his client about his doubts with candor.

TONIGHT

"Tyler has fallen for "Amanda" when he asks Nev for help. When Tyler tells his friends about her, they are all surprised it was with a girl from online."
    KAREN

+ Reply to Thread