+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
Like Tree71Likes

Thread: Teen Mom Season 4

Re: Teen Mom Season 4

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    I wish someone would realize that perhaps part of the reason Caitlyn is dragging her feet about signing up for college classes etc. is that she's afraid of failing.
    I think her dream is to be a stay-at-home mom. But Tyler (how did that kid get so wise?) is right about the importance of growing together. I think a lot of relationships have suffered when one partner is growing faster than the other one.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

Perhaps Catelyn is scared of failing in school, but I wonder if it may be more of a lack of interest in studying, books, homework, classes, etc. Some people can dive in and do it and others, just don't like it and they often lack the discipline required to stay in school. I know a lot of young people in our family and friends of our family who enroll in college and only last a semester or two. They just lack the motivation to apply themself. IMO Catelyn likes the idea of the degree and subsequent career, but lacks a real understanding of the work involved. She pays it lip service, but that's about it. I hope she is able to follow through. I think she will. She knows she will lose Tyler is she doesn't. Tyler seems unhappy in that relationship IMO.

LOVED the new hairstyle on Tyler's mom!

I find it easy to believe that Farrah went horse back riding in a long dress and it never dawned on her that it might be an issue until the last minute. Yeah. I believe she is that dense. She was crazy over that guy though. She acted like a hyena gorging over a dead antelope. Poor guy. She was pretending to be all nice with that guy. He'll bolt once the true Farrah surfaces.

As annoying as Maci is at times, she's still a much better of parent than Ryan. I hope Maci never forgets and goes back to Ryan. Ryan has a huge potential for cruelty. If you recall their first season, Ryan was VERY verbally abusive to Maci and did it in front of Bentley. The depth of his hatred at Maci and refusal to parent was mind boggling. Because of this, I never trust anything he says or does. I don't think people really change that much. I suspect all of that ugly stuff is still inside. He will eventually unleash it on his new girlfriend.

Recall that comment from Maci about Ryan's mom taking off work to be there when Ryan has Bentely? She knows the true Ryan and I think it's more of a protection measure than just wanting to be around Bentley.

When Amber pulled up to her nice home it made me a little angry. This is a high school drop out who refuses to hold a job. She is intent on being a criminal and yet she has a very nice home. Many hard working people would do anything for that opportunity, but she just throws it away. Uggghh....

Well said! I too get a bit aggravated when I "see" what these girls have acquired. Farrah with her 2 bed, 2 bath condo and her BMW mini cooper......arrghhh....why are Catelyn and Tyler living in a trailer park? She seems to me to deserve the most, perhaps because she'd be grateful.

Quote Originally Posted by jenniferboston1 View Post
    Well said! I too get a bit aggravated when I "see" what these girls have acquired. Farrah with her 2 bed, 2 bath condo and her BMW mini cooper......arrghhh....why are Catelyn and Tyler living in a trailer park? She seems to me to deserve the most, perhaps because she'd be grateful.
    I have heard that the living accomodations for Tyler and Catelyn have changed since the show was filmed, but I should probably wait until this season's finale before posting about it. I suspect they were living somewhere low rent to save money for school.

I still got the feeling that Tyler was restless in their relationship.

I realize the show is supposed to be about the teen parents and kids, but I am amazed how much the adults just set around on the couch, even when they have a sitter or the child is visiting the other parent or grandparents. When I was their age, I was taking martial arts classes, volunteering with our local Big Sister program, volunteering with the local SPCA at our animal shelter adoption program, running, remodeling my place, boating, swimming, AND working full time and attending college part-time. I was hardly ever sitting on a couch.
    jenniferboston1 likes this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I have heard that the living accomodations for Tyler and Catelyn have changed since the show was filmed, but I should probably wait until this season's finale before posting about it. I suspect they were living somewhere low rent to save money for school.

I still got the feeling that Tyler was restless in their relationship.

I realize the show is supposed to be about the teen parents and kids, but I am amazed how much the adults just set around on the couch, even when they have a sitter or the child is visiting the other parent or grandparents. When I was their age, I was taking martial arts classes, volunteering with our local Big Sister program, volunteering with the local SPCA at our animal shelter adoption program, running, remodeling my place, boating, swimming, AND working full time and attending college part-time. I was hardly ever sitting on a couch.
    It could be that Tyler and Catelyn just elected to put more of their paycheck into savings than the others did. Having come from families that don't have as much as, say, Farrah's family appears to have, they might be more aware of the fact that it's nice to have some money in savings in case you need it (and if Tyler maintains a relationship with Butch, he's probably going to need bail money handy).

Tyler and Catelyn are shown doing things--they both have jobs, Tyler has school, Catelyn has been shown going to retreats and talking to other girls/women about adoption, they put together a scrapbook for Carly etc. Farrah's worked in the past and gone to school, though she seems to be doing nothing this summer, and I imagine all that whining and complaining and bitchiness takes up a lot of her time. Amber was taking whatever that martial arts class she was taking for a while, which seemed like a really bad idea to me, since she has such anger issues and didn't seem to be any less angry after the classes, so I don't think they were working as a release valve for her. Maci keeps signing up for college classes and then dropping them, which drives me nuts, and she doesn't seem to have much in the way of other interests.

FORT Fogey

[QUOTE=Debb70;4513986]Perhaps Catelyn is scared of failing in school, but I wonder if it may be more of a lack of interest in studying, books, homework, classes, etc. Some people can dive in and do it and others, just don't like it and they often lack the discipline required to stay in school. I know a lot of young people in our family and friends of our family who enroll in college and only last a semester or two. They just lack the motivation to apply themself. IMO Catelyn likes the idea of the degree and subsequent career, but lacks a real understanding of the work involved. She pays it lip service, but that's about it. I hope she is able to follow through. I think she will. She knows she will lose Tyler is she doesn't. Tyler seems unhappy in that relationship IMO.

Catelyn also suffers from the fact that she's had very little support within her own family for anything she's done, and let's face it, April was not the kind of mom who'd help with homework, attend parent-teacher conferences etc. If Catelyn wasn't doing well in school, she wasn't going to get any help at home. And once kids start failing, they often start believing that's just their fate--they're simply no good at school. Some people aren't especially academically inclined and may be better at something else, of course. That's a possibility too. Catelyn does seem to be doing well enough at her part-time job, and she seems happy enough when they show her there, so she probably has the discipline to show up on time, follow directions, work with the public etc. She just needs to see either a)the possibilities of how all that can apply to school and/or b)that maybe she's better at a different kind of learning or a different kind of profession than one that requires college. There's certainly nothing wrong with going to a vocational or technical school that involves more hands-on learning.

I do think that if she's going to attend college that Catelyn's plan is reasonable. Since she's not entirely sure what she wants to do for a career, she might as well start with her prerequisites. She'll need to take those anyway, and in the process of taking them, she may discover what she's best at and enjoys most, which will help her make a decision about a major. Lots of freshman enter with one major and graduate in another or graduate with an additional major or minor, because they either change completely or adjust slightly what their career goals are once they've taken some classes. A close college friend, for instance, still maintains that the best thing that ever happened to her was not getting into the physical therapy department and changing her major to nursing as a result, because she found she was much happier with the kind of contact nurses had with their patients on a daily basis and really liked working in CCU and ER, which are not departments where physical therapists would work.

I did like Tyler's mom pointing out that college isn't for everyone. If Catelyn gives it an honest try and realizes that some other kind of training might better suit her, then Tyler needs to accept that. However, if Catelyn never tries college because of a fear of failure, then I think she may regret that.

FORT Fanatic

That Promises place sucks at what they do. They kept Amber drugged up the entire time she was there. Everytime she talked to someone, she was lethargic and out of it. That place did absolutely nothing for her. Without knowing the outcome, I would say there wasnt a chance in hell she got better. Its even worse knowing how it all works out. I wish every time they showed Gary lumbering around they would play the "baby elephant dance" song in the background. Hes such a buffoon. It cracks me up to see him on twitter thinking hes this famous celebrity. Im very excited to see how he acts when the show is gone and he attempts to hold the spotlight. It does seem like hes out all the time which leads me to believe his mom is always watching Leah.

Im just going to say it. Ryan is a douche. Hes playing this whole "dad" thing up when the cameras are around. I dont know one moment where ive seen him actually be a dad to that kid. Hes never around him unless his parents are there and most of the time its them who are taking care of Bentley. How could Ryan have been stuck coming home from Dallis house when in fact she was on her way to meet him? Sounds like he was lying and probably just didnt want to get Bentley. His parents annoy me too. They put these thoughts in his head about full custody. The guy has no job, lives at home with his parents and seems to enjoy the party life he has. Yea, makes sense for him to seek full custody.

The way Farrah acted around her mom this week makes me believe whatever crap she claims she did to her growing up is nothing. Funny how once the b*tch sister left, Farrah acted like a normal human being again.

WOW....I do not work, but can afford $1000 a month just for rent. Where do these girls get there money? I guess they are proving it is profitable to have a child at 16 and let a reality tv show in your life.
    There's no place like home!

My next problem...maybe it is because I live in the midwest, but why in the heck do you take a puppy out to dinner?
    Debb70 likes this.
    There's no place like home!

I think Farrah must have gotten some lovin from Daniel, thus the smiles and I love you to her mom. It's like a alien invaded her body. It won't last. Wait until Daniel dumps her. She will turn into a real monster. Of course, it will be her mom's fault. Her mom missed a valuable opportunity. When Farrah asked her to come and stay with Sophia while she took a trip to Austin, Deborah should have said, No, I can't do it. You treated me so terribly that I am not helping you do squat. Besides, you are on your own so work it out for yourself. But, she wants to see Sophia so she will give in. Totally dysfunctional.

Amber's still the same lying, cursing, hair trigger tempter as always. She is the one who is mean, cursing, name calling and then she blames it on Gary! She will make Leah's life a misery. She will never change. She should bow out now.

Tyler is right. Butch is likely to kill April and I don't see April ever staying away from him. ONe will go to their grave and the other to prison. Catelyn was right when she told her mom that Butch was toxic, but April is too. I really wish that they could move away from Butch and April and cut off all contact. Their lives will be filled with drama and pain as long as they stay close to them.

I think that Kyle bought the house and not Maci. That's what she told her mom and later she said that she didn't enough credit history to get a mortgage. I thought the price of the house was really a good deal. Maci wasn't so certain about her future with Kyle though. I really hope she finishes school as planned.

+ Reply to Thread