+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
Like Tree72Likes

Thread: Teen Mom Season 4

Re: Teen Mom Season 4

You might be right Captain. I guess you never know what goes on behind closed doors (or tv cameras)! However, I think of me when I was in my late teens/early twenties. My mother and father both "ruined" my life. Today, at 40 (ugh), I talk with my parents every single day. I can't imagine life without them. Now, my own teenagers say I'm ruining their lives. LOL
    Though, they would never, ever, every talk to me like Farrah speaks to her mom. Then again, I wouldn't find that permissable.

Have a great weekend all!

Quote Originally Posted by captain View Post
    If you listen to the previews for next week, you hear Farrah's sister also telling her mother that she screwed up her life. I really believe there is much more to the story between Farrah and her mother. Just looking at her mother she looks haggard. I have no proof, no nothing to go on but gut feelings...it would not suprise me to find out her mother was an alcoholic. Since Farrah's sister feels the same way about her mother, I believe this goes back a long time.

"My parents ruined my life" excuse can only go on for so long. Once you are an adult, you have to deal with it and stop the drama. Farrah has a therapist. She needs to deal with it. Farrah is ruining Sophia's life, because she is modeling totally unacceptable behavior for her daughter. Farrah is verbally abusive to her parents. No matter what may have happend as she grew up, she is not entitled to do that.

I suspect that Farrah and her sister were spoiled rotten little brats who were never taught discipline and got away with murder and they justify their adult crappy behavior by blaming in on their mom.

If Farrah was so ruined, then she should not have continued to use her parents for housing, child care, car, education costs, etc. She seems to like all they can do for her, but treats them like poop on her shoe.

When I was really young, I had neighbor friend who was about 6 years old. She would yell at her mom, tell her she hated her, tell her she wished she had never been born and that she wished her mom would go away and never come back. She would throw clothes and dishes on the floor and stomp her feet in defiance. Her mother would coddle her and give her anything she wanted to make her happy, yet she still was a total brat. Farrah reminds me of that little girl. I could hardly believe the girl talked to her mom like that. I felt horrible for her mom. The girl grew up like that and probably blamed her mom.

FORT Fogey

The problem is, Farrah isn't just snarky and nasty with her parents. She's like that with virtually everyone. Remember the poor neighbor guy who asked her out for her birthday? He asked her what she did to relax, and she practically bit his head off about how she thought it was more important to work and provide for her daughter and their future. Geez, I'm sure he was just trying to find out if they had any similar interests.

I'm afraid Farrah strikes me as spoiled too. She also certainly doesn't learn from her mistakes. She gave away one dog because it was too much work, so as soon as she gets to Florida, she gets another one, like the new puppy is magically not going to require time and attention like the previous one did.
    Debb70 likes this.

ITA! I loved how Sophia kept saying, "Fish", when Farrah was giving her a choice....

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    The problem is, Farrah isn't just snarky and nasty with her parents. She's like that with virtually everyone. Remember the poor neighbor guy who asked her out for her birthday? He asked her what she did to relax, and she practically bit his head off about how she thought it was more important to work and provide for her daughter and their future. Geez, I'm sure he was just trying to find out if they had any similar interests.

I'm afraid Farrah strikes me as spoiled too. She also certainly doesn't learn from her mistakes. She gave away one dog because it was too much work, so as soon as she gets to Florida, she gets another one, like the new puppy is magically not going to require time and attention like the previous one did.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Can you imagine working around Farrah? OMG, she would be very lonely, because most people wouldn't tolerate her.

I saw something that reminded me of Farrah last night on Bridezillas! I normally do not watch that show, but as I went by I saw this bride in a wedding gown waiting to get on a public city bus!!!!!!! I couldn't help but check it out.

She was leaving her own wedding reception, because she had been such a WITCH to everyone involved that her husband of 1 hour told her off, gave her his wedding band back and said he wanted an annullment!!!! He came out and told his Bridezilla that she was mean, nasty, rude, and intollerable and that it wasn't everyone else who was the problem and that SHE was the problem. Man, it was wonderful. I wish Farrah could get a little dose of that. LOL The bride was so mean that even her own mother, father and other relatives refused to attend the wedding!
    that is AWESOME! I gotta try to catch that episode. Do you remember the bride's name, by chance, so I can look it up?
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by holly71 View Post
    that is AWESOME! I gotta try to catch that episode. Do you remember the bride's name, by chance, so I can look it up?
    I saw it too. I think it was Jeanine or Jenelle. Something like that. It's a two-parter, and it takes place in Minneapolis, if that's any help. To me, the best part of Bridezillas is the snarky announcer, and she had one of her best lines ever in this episode. While the horrible bride is trying to figure out the cost of something--and showing how poor her math skills are--the announcer says, "Carry the zero, divide by your I.Q....."

BTW, she really is an awful bride. During her vows, she actually says something to the effect that the first time she met her groom, she knew he was going to be a one night stand. And then she laughs, like it's a really funny joke--and this is after his sincere vows. Nobody else thought it was the least bit funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    I saw it too. I think it was Jeanine or Jenelle. Something like that. It's a two-parter, and it takes place in Minneapolis, if that's any help. To me, the best part of Bridezillas is the snarky announcer, and she had one of her best lines ever in this episode. While the horrible bride is trying to figure out the cost of something--and showing how poor her math skills are--the announcer says, "Carry the zero, divide by your I.Q....."

BTW, she really is an awful bride. During her vows, she actually says something to the effect that the first time she met her groom, she knew he was going to be a one night stand. And then she laughs, like it's a really funny joke--and this is after his sincere vows. Nobody else thought it was the least bit funny.
    I didn't catch that part. I just picked up when she was standing on the street corner waiting on her ride. I wished the other girl that looked like a bridesmaid had left her alone and stopped trying to keep her there. I wonder why. She kept trying to keep her from getting into a cab after that.
    I wonder if that couple is still together. LOL

Farrah would make a great bridezilla. All she needs is a pushover groom.

FORT Fogey

I believe the other bridesmaid was actually her sister, which may be why she was trying to get her to stay and stop acting like a Bridezilla.

Somewhere I read that the couple is actually back together, but I got the impression the groom went back to her because of their son more than anything else. If a child hadn't been involved, I seriously doubt he'd have taken her back, unless he really is an idiot, because even her own family was horribly embarrassed by her juvenile, selfish behavior.

She drove me crazy when she just kept repeating herself whenever someone disagreed with her or tried to reason with her. I hate it when someone just loudly says the same thing, talking over the person who's trying to make a point, until that person give up. It's such a juvenile tactic.
    Debb70 likes this.

FORT Fogey

About Teen Mom. This may have been said before, but when are this children being read to? When are their parents playing with them? When I was growing up, yes we had tv and movies. We even had educational computer games. But we also were read to, all the time not just at bed time. We did puzzles. We had a toy kitchen that we used every day. We played with Play-doh. We did art projects. When does this happen for these kids? That kind of imaginative play is what is really important in the development of children. It teaches them critical thinking skills and allows them to make connections in their world on their own. Basically, it teaches them how to think and explore. It's invaluable.

And, now that I think of it, I never just watched tv/movies when I was little. If I was watching Cinderella, I also had a Cinderella coloring book or dolls playing Cinderella at the same time or something that was stimulating my imagination.
    Debb70 likes this.

FORT Regular

Wow. Just wow. There is a therapist waiting to make a million dollars on Farrah and her mother and sister. I agree that there are obviously some deep-seated problems in that family. Just when I thought Farrah couldn't get any worse, in walks her sister. She even worse. I want to get that child away from all of them soooo bad. I find it hard to believe these people can look back at these episodes over the years and never change. That so-called therapist they have isn't helping a bit. I am appalled at this family.
    Debb70 likes this.

+ Reply to Thread