+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021 LastLast
Like Tree72Likes

Thread: Teen Mom Season 4

Re: Teen Mom Season 4

Wow, Debb, thanks for that video clip. I have it taped but have yet to watch it. Just from the clip alone, I am not sure about Amber … she still seems to have a chip on her shoulder. She has put on weight from the last time I saw her on Teen Mom.
    I sure hope she loses the attitude and does indeed sober up for herself and for Leah. I think as soon as Leah can comprehend any of this, she (Leah) should be in counseling. For now it appears that her MOM just LEFT HER … she needs to know that her Mom is sick and getting better.
    KAREN

Sadly, I believe that Amber will be a career criminal and never get out of the prison cycle. If you ever watch those shows about women in prison, you will see many of them are just like Amber. They claim their kid is the most important thing in the world to them and that they would lay their life down for their kid, but it's not true. They won't even to to support meetings, get a job, go to school, or attend counseling. These are things that Amber could have done, but refused. Amber has shown what is really important to her, IMO.
    momrek06 and its_glinda_now like this.

i guess i was the only one not bothered by maci's actions around bentley's party. i think ryan is just an a-hole and that's all there is to it. it's not abt him and macy it's abt BENTLEY . . . . my parents didn't have the best of relationships post divorce, but my dad was ALWAYS there for every life milestone for us. what reason did ryan and his dumb azz enabling family have to not go to the party?

Quote Originally Posted by jenniferboston1 View Post
    Every epi Maci seems to aggravate me more and more. She and Ryan are not together....why does she keep inviting Ryan, Jen and Larry? to Bentley's birthday party? I am sure they (Ryan, Jen and Larry?) must have had their own celebration planned. Yes, it's sad that Mommy and Daddy are not together, but that's life.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Sadly, I believe that Amber will be a career criminal and never get out of the prison cycle. If you ever watch those shows about women in prison, you will see many of them are just like Amber. They claim their kid is the most important thing in the world to them and that they would lay their life down for their kid, but it's not true. They won't even to to support meetings, get a job, go to school, or attend counseling. These are things that Amber could have done, but refused. Amber has shown what is really important to her, IMO.
    Yes and while I now have watched this show, ITA w/you, Debb!
    I am just surprised that after a few months in prison Amber seems to be thriving very well! Why couldn't she have done that in Rehab? She actually seemed fine with her schedule including the 6am wake up calls and cleaning the bathrooms all for pennies! Sheesh, we never saw THAT side of Amber. And that PATCH she was drugging herself with .... OMG that is why every epi we saw, her eyes were all but shut tight. So so sad when a parent chooses JAIL over their baby! My God, I cried like an idiot when I dropped my 3yo off at Nursery School for the first time (btw he is 30 now) I was a mess even though I would be returning to pick him up in 3 hours .... And Amber chooses a FIVE YEAR JAIL SENTENCE! Disturbing!
    KAREN

FORT Fogey

I wonder how the rest of the inmates felt about/reacted to Amber being interviewed for an MTV special. Or if they watched it (if they're allowed to) when it aired.

I'm still flabbergasted about her choice to take five years in jail over going to rehab. Even if she didn't have a child, why would she do that? How many people given that choice would choose jail? I mean, does anyone stay in rehab for five years? Is any rehab less hospitable than prison? It just doesn't make any sense to me.

I would be suprised if Amber really did all the 5 years.
    There's no place like home!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by captain View Post
    I would be suprised if Amber really did all the 5 years.
    Oh, I realize that, but even if she did, say, two years...is anyone in rehab for two straight years? Is any rehab facility as uncomfortable and even dangerous as prisons can be?

And with a five year sentence, there is at least a possibility she could end up behind bars for five years, whereas I can't imagine anyone checking into rehab expecting there was even the possibility of being there five years. Rehab doesn't leave you with a legal record either and prison does.

I also think if she had chosen Rehab and went in and came out all clean and sober she may have a chance at some joint custody with Gary. BUT now with a prison sentence and a record highly doubtful she will ever have a shot at any sort of custody of Leah.

As far as the interview, I am guessing it was in some MTV contract and she had to oblige them and also I am sure she would be paid which would possibly go to her attorney's fees or to Leah. I am guessing Amber had NO choice in the interview.
    KAREN

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06 View Post
    I also think if she had chosen Rehab and went in and came out all clean and sober she may have a chance at some joint custody with Gary. BUT now with a prison sentence and a record highly doubtful she will ever have a shot at any sort of custody of Leah.

As far as the interview, I am guessing it was in some MTV contract and she had to oblige them and also I am sure she would be paid which would possibly go to her attorney's fees or to Leah. I am guessing Amber had NO choice in the interview.
    Would the prison have had a choice in the matter? I mean, could they have said that regardless of the contract Amber signed with MTV, they weren't going to permit it? I have no idea myself, which is why I'm asking the question. Does anyone else know?

The prison could have stopped the interview. It would be up to the Secretary of Corrections and/or the warden of the facility. Many prisons do not allow filming.
    There's no place like home!

+ Reply to Thread