+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617181920 LastLast
Like Tree71Likes

Thread: Teen Mom Season 4

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: Teen Mom Season 4

The world is made up of all kinds of people....some from good childhoods, some from bad childhoods. Look around at the people who walk next to you everyday. I already know that there are things that I don't want to know about people that I think I know but, really, have no idea. Kids can be amazingly resilient....that much I do know.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

Gary and Amber By now most of us know it does not end well for Amber, but I will comment on what I saw. Gary and her both have issues they need resolved for me to have any thought that Leah will turn out anything but troubled. Gary pushed Amber to the brink once again. It is on Amber to get help, but as long as she is being good with Leah, it is on Gary to relax around her for the sake of Leah. Both of them need to realize that they are not meant to be together right now, maybe never, and put Leah first. That was horrible of Gary to give that party for Leah for a reason other than his love for her. Putting her in the middle like that is disgraceful. Amber has some lucid moments where she makes sense, but than he comes along and crushes them. I think they both can be good parents, but they need a lot of work, and it may be too late for them with Leah. I would love to see Gary's mother get her at this point.

Ryan and Maci I have no clue why that lawyer was stating Ryan was better suited to be a parent. He has no job that I can tell, lives with his enabling parents, and has introduced more than one girl into Bentley's life. Maci and Kyle are very good with Bentley, and I think primary custoday with a few weekends visitations is what is good for Bentley. Ryan's house is like party central for Bentley. It is like they are spoiling him into wanting to be there. Maci provides the only stable learning type environment. Ryan is a jerk plain and simple. He can afford that bike, but not his own place to become a man and a better role model for his son, and if Mimi and her husband do not shut up, they are going to damage Bentley and his bonds with his parents. They have way too much to say about something that is none of their concern. They should concentrate on raising their baby, and getting him ready to be an adult.

Farrah is just a hot mess, and while I am glad that she is doing well school wise, she is just in need of some intensive therapy because everyone obviously has to walk on eggshells around her so she does not go off. Her mother is like a robot now, and it is all mechanical. Sophia needs to be with her mother as it seems she is trying hard to raise her and teach her.

Catelynn and Tyler have a lot on their young shoulders, and I hope they can make it. I think they need to take some of the money they earned and move away from all the toxicness. If they are alone than they can see if they truly are meant to be together, and work on what is important right now which is the two of them. As for Carly and Tyler's mother, I see no reason that she cannot visit the child if it was stated in the adoption as open. We adopted our daughter, and her birth grandmother is a big part of her life. I can see not allowing Carly to go spend nights and such, but why hold love from anyone that is good from anyone's life. Brandon and Theresa knew going into adoption that there was more involved than if you gave birth to the child. I think it is a shame to withold connections, and it could comeback on them someday.

I think Maci is guilty of using Bentley in order to screw with Ryan. Maci needs to get some therapy in order to deal with her issues with Ryan. She cant change Ryan, but she can change how she interacts with him. I am struck by the way Macy used Bentley to stir the pot. Coaching him to leave a voice message on Ryan's voice mail regarding the birthday party was terrible. Dont use your child like that, dont play dumb when Ryan calls you on your manipulation through Bentley. Bentley did not make the decision to call his Dad, you did because guess what? Bentley is two. I dont think of Kyle as anything other than a convenient baby sitter -its just the vibe I get.
    " I have a simple outlook-leave every person I meet with a smile on their face."-Donny

I wasn't impressed with the finale. There was one funny moment. I liked it when Farrah, her sister and Sophia were eating together and Sophia looks up at her mom and says Mommy is a bad person. How true is that. And after her mom has kept Sophia for 4 weeks, Farrah has the nerve to complain that her parents need to leave her alone and let her live her own life!!!! What is she talking about? I think she is delusional. What's new, right?

Then we have Amber who is too busy shacking up with a new lover to do anything substantive to take to court. I will bet that attorneys has told Amber that a good plan would have been to go into court with a list of all your support group meetings with a sponsor at your side to show your progress, a letter from a counselor explaining your course of treatment and how you are meeting your goals and are punctual for your appointments, a couple of clean drug tests, affidavits from friends and family members as to your progress and good care of Leah, proof of child support payments, photos of your house where Leah would be staying and a nice respectful outfit, But, no. Amber was too concerned with laying in bed with her new lover and just crying about Leah. Her actions indicate more to me than her tears. Fighting for Leah required too much energy that she just would not give.

Maci is like many split up parents who just cannot lay down the score card. Many parents keep score as to who is doing right by the child. They don't understand that keeping score in that way will never help the child. It only frustrates you and keeps you from moving on. Unfortunately, she just can't see it. She has to put down the past wrongs and move forward, doing the right thing by Bentley and ignoring the wrong things done by Ryan. If it's bad enough, such as abuse, she can take it up with a judge, but the petty stuff, just has to be dismissed. Any judge would hit the ceiling to see custody matters discussed in the presence of the child. She and Ryan's family do this all the time. It doesn't matter that he's 3 years-old. That's old enough.

I lost much of my respect for Tyler last night. I wish he had not shown that side of him that was so much like Butch. He and Catelynn know how damaged Nick must be from being in the care of April and Butch. There most be emotional damage for sure, and yet when the kid has the chance to spend time in a safe place with two people he trusts, he gets to see Tyler act the fool and get all violent like Butch. It boggles the mind how anyone could do such a thing. I also fault Catelynn for not standing up to him and telling him he would NOT act that way in front of Nick or he could leave for the weekend. Acting like that around a kid is abuse. I would think Catelynn and Tyler know that.

I too have always heard the saying that kids are so resilient, but I disagree to a certain extent. I also heard from some therapist, that "if kids are so resilient, then why are there so many screwed adults?" IMO the parents on this show don't have a clue about protecting their kids from emotional abuse. I'm sad the show ended on such a sour note. I pray for the children and hope they find some protection from their families.

FORT Fanatic

I thought it was interesting when Farrah and her awful sister (when she smiles, it looks like she has those fake halloween scary teeth in her mouth) were talking about how someone just proposed to her. Um yeah. And it seemed like it was just some random guy she didnt really know. Anyways, Farrah said that Derrick proposed to her and she denied him. Now I might be wrong but didnt Derrick not even know that Farrah was knocked up? The only reason I can see that he would do that was if he knew they were having a baby. So if im right about him not knowing, then I think this is just another story Farrah is telling to get sympathy. She pulled the fake crying bit with that "friend". The one where she makes a really ugly face and doesnt shed a tear. I loved how she said she was going back to Florida and wants her parents less in her life. Hey stupid, theyre a big part of your life because your dumb cooking school/bartending schooling ("I wanted to take the bartending class to beef up my resume") was too hard with Sophia around!!! She will be in Playboy within the next 12 months. Please remember I called that.

Im really just indifferent to Tyler and Caitlyn at this point. I would think if anything, in 14 years or so if Carly is being mean to her parents they should just sit her down and pop in the Teen Mom series and say "Oh yea, well if it wasnt for us, this would have been your life". That or just say google the name Butch Baltierra. Im sure that would get her back in line.

Maci is in love with Ryan and always will be. Ryan is a douche and always will be. Shes the best of the Moms on the whole Teen Mom universe but her hang ups on Ryan will be her downfall. Ryans parents are looking out for their own best interests and not Bennys. Thats just sad. And honestly, what lawyer would expect a douche with no job, no future, no income, no house, and zero aspirations joint custody? Im assuming the lawyer knows nothing of his back story. Such as where he ignored and wanted nothing to do with his child the first year of his life but then reconsidered when he came across as an awful person on TV and knew there would be more seasons. And who the hell thinks having Bentley live a week at one house and a week at another is a good idea?

Finally... The biggest pieces of trash on this show. Amber and Gary. I dont think ive ever seen a fight like that where nothing can be said by either where I would take the others side. Gary is a piece of crap. Using Leah like that to get back at Amber. That was disgusting (almost as disgusting as looking at him). But then you have Amber who is already sleeping with some guy she met like a week ago. How about when the episode began, Amber said she had yet to go to Outpatient. Thats the first thing you are supposed to do after leaving 'rehab'. How are you supposed to feel sorry for her? How is anyone supposed to believe she is changing when she put no effort in other then sleeping on the couch all day and calling asking to have her daughter? Her idea of trying to get her daughter back is to just sit there and put outrageous eye lashes on and pop pills (if you are going to tell me she isnt high in these episodes, you need to watch them again). Blaming CPS for all their problems like they are this big bad wolf out just to get them for no reason. If you take out the beating she gave Gary, CPS would still have hours of footage to go on saying these two should not have a child together. Im flabbergasted by the ruling where Amber can give up rights and in turn CPS decides its ok for them to raise Leah again.

Im going to probably skip the reunion because it seems to me like it was filmed a long time ago. Maci said her and Kyle are broken up yet as of 2 months ago I think they got back together. Plus Dr Drew is such a piece of garbage I do think I can stand to see him put on his fake concern face where he tilts his head and bites his lip while saying "do you feel pain... do you see what it does to your child..."

Im sad this show is over but im excited to hear what these train wrecks do to stay in the spotlight. Farrah took to twitter during the show to bash Gary and Tyler. Tyler for of all things having a tantrum. Farrah will do playboy. I stand by that.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quite a while ago, I said that Maci was still in love with Ryan, and I think you may be the first person who has agreed with me. If Ryan started making noises like he wanted to get back with Maci, she would go out of her way to make it happen.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

http://thecelebritycafe.com/feature/...-finale-wake-0

An interesting read on the FINALE!
    KAREN

Ryan does have a job, it has been mentioned several times during this season.
    There's no place like home!

Just curious to know if I missed anything on the first part of the "reunion" last night...I fell asleep after Dr Drew talked to Caitlyn/Tyler (I know, I didnt make it that far in lol)
    "Love is not a fight, but it's something worth fighting for"- Warren Barfield

FORT Fanatic
    This was filmed a long time ago bc Amber wasn't in jail yet. She's been in for at least 6 months.

Quote Originally Posted by AmyKay View Post
    Just curious to know if I missed anything on the first part of the "reunion" last night...I fell asleep after Dr Drew talked to Caitlyn/Tyler (I know, I didnt make it that far in lol)
    I ffwed through ty and caitlyn. Nothing new. Farrahs was awful. She explained she calls her dad Michael because she has no respect for him. She also fake cried about Derek and there is some new story they were going to leave their families together before he died.
    Her thing is pretty idiotic. She has all these reasons for why she hates her parents that make no sense.

+ Reply to Thread