+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast
Like Tree71Likes

Thread: Teen Mom Season 4

FORT Fogey

Re: Teen Mom Season 4

I don't have such a problem with Farrah sleeping with Sophia, except that now is the best time for her to switch to Sophia in her own bed and Farrah is completely unequipped to deal with that.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

With kids, you've got to be willing to "go the distance" and not lose when you're dealing with what can become a problem behavior that you are going to resent later. It's not fair to give with one hand and take away with the other. It becomes a power struggle....it takes consistency, and Farrah is not equipped, like you said. What Farrah is doing is about Farrah.

Maci is putting Bentley in the bed with her and Kyle, and I could deal with that for a nanosecond since they are in a new house, but it needs to be quickly dealt with.

And I noticed how Maci kept talking about "WE" bought a house; nooooo, Kyle bought a house....he just lets you and your son live there. If you guys fall out, that will all change in the blink of an eye. She keeps telling Bentley that it's "our house"; I hope they stay together forever because somebody is going to end up with hurt feelings. Bentley has already had a cow over leaving his last "house". Moving around a lot makes kids crazy.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I believe that most of the time, it's the mom who can't let go of the child sleeping with them and not the other way around. lol I've never heard of dads who have an issue with it. They normally don't start it in the first place, unless the kid has had a nightmare, is sick or something.

Dr. Phil says it's best to always give in and not stand your ground with the child, rather than to give in sometimes. When you do that, you teach the child the lesson that if they whine, act out, etc., they MAY get their way. So there is an incentive to protest and act out on the off chance that this will be the time they win out. Farrah appears to be a child who never had to follow her parents rules or conduct herself with any respect, so I guess she has no idea how to do it.

I don't think it's a good idea to send your new boyfriend to put your tottler daughter to bed. I'm sure he's fine, but it's just too risky, IMO.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

You're right. Farrah doesn't really even know him. I don't think that's a good idea with a child of either sex.
    Debb70 likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Driving me TOTALLY NUTS but I want Farrah to take the pacifier away from Sophia and Maci to take the pacifier away from Bentley STAT!

Absolutely! Deal with the toddlers crying for a day and get over it like the rest of us.

Quote Originally Posted by beesknees View Post
    Driving me TOTALLY NUTS but I want Farrah to take the pacifier away from Sophia and Maci to take the pacifier away from Bentley STAT!

FORT Fanatic

If by now you dont know that Farrah is a terrible mother, then you havent been watching the show. She dumps the kid off any chance she can get. She had no idea what to do with her, she talks to her like shes an adult. What school is this moron going to that she couldnt do to back in Iowa? Shes in florida to vacation (from her tough tough life) and to find some rich guy she can mooch off of. She drives me crazy. I dont understand how someone could be so selfish with a child. God I hate her.

Ryans gf is also a jackass. Shes just as delusional with that douche as his parents are. Ryan cant even take care of himself on his own but hes going to go for custody of a child? FYI, Maci and Kyle do break up at some point but they recently got back together.

Butch just makes me laugh. The Law offices of Butch.

Promises did wonders with Amber. She lasted what, 12 hours out of there without blowing up. When someone gets out of rehab, outpatient care is a must. She hasnt gotten around to it yet and that quack JJ doesnt find that troubling? And she cant stay up during the day? Seriously? Thats the type of person you want with your kid. I think Gary is a horrible parent but if you have to choose between the two, he wins in a landslide.

FORT Fogey

AMBER is an absolute mess, however Gary is a horrible person to her. He knows how to push all of her buttons, and seems to almost get off on doing it. Those two needed to be separate for good, and only see each other dropping their child off.

Ryan is a loser, and the whole inclusion of him seems so scripted and over the top. I am sick of the fabricated scenes to give him some interest. Just leave him off the show other than his interactions with Maci. He is not capable of taking care of himself, let alone a child. Maci has some faults, but she is good with Bentley for the most part. Kyle is really patient to put up with all of the drama surrounding Bentley, I think he seems to be a good guy.

Tyler and Caitlyn just need a break, and I think if anyone should have moved away it should have been them. I think all the drama is eventually going to kill their spirit. They need to get away.

Farrah is just an idiot. I cannot stand the way she talks to her parents, her child, noone. She is just horrid, and I cannot see how any guy could ever possibly see a thing in her.

I LOL everytime Amber says, "Fatass". It wasn't that long ago, SHE was a major FATASS.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I think Farrah had more things on her to do list than school work when she sent Sophia to grandma's. I think she wants more time to cuddle with Daniel. Sophia had trouble sleeping without her mom. That will make for some difficult to have her lover at her disposal, so send Sophia to grandma's. I don't have a problem with it, since it seemed that Sophia was often being left at the sitter's. She is better off with the grandparents than a sitter, IMO, although, I'm sure the sitter was fine, but just not family.

If Farrah is going to to do homework in the evening, she is going to have to get Sophia on a schedule of getting to sleep by herself at a regular hour. If not, it's not going to work. That's the problem with sleeping with babies. Now she's trapped to having to lay down with Sophia to get her to bed.

I wanted to slap Tyler's mom last night. Where does she come off guilting Tyler into supporting his dad in court? Really? Lady, Tyler has bent over backwards for his dad, only to be slapped in the face. He has zero appreciation for Tyler. So then mom tells Tylerl he is your dad, so the least you can do is go to support him court??????? Talk about a whack-a-doodle.

I was ticked off about Ryan's girlfriend too. To tell that child that he should stop living with his mom and live with his dad? Are you kidding me? What an idiot would say that to a young child? Forget every kind workd I said about her. She has no brains. Stuff like that is called Parental alienation. It can end up costing you custody. I hope Ryan's attorney tells him that.

I adore Caitlyn, but she should top sitting in Tyler's lap. She appears to large to do that comfortably and Tyler looks like he hates it.

Well, it sounds like I really was not happy with things last night, but guess what. I did get some laughs from Amber..........lol It's funny to watch her left to fight with herself. The girl is so desperate to fight that she will pick on anyone or herself if Gary isn't available.
    I finally caught up with the last two episodes, and I'm in agreement with pretty much all of this.

Farrah is a ridiculous example of a parent. Heck, she's a ridiculous example of a dog owner too--is that poor thing in some kind of diaper again, the way her last dog, the one she gave away, was? No wonder she can't potty train Sophia reliable. She doesn't have the patience to housebreak a puppy either. I love how Farrah just can't stand her mom and thinks Debra does everything wrong, but she has no problem relying on her as an out of state babysitter if it suits her purposes--even though when Debra was in Florida, she got upset with the way Debra babysat her for even a few hours. Just watch: two minutes after Sophia is out of the house, she'll decide the dog is too much work too, and he'll be sent off to the pound. She's so selfish and unlikable, I can't imagine how she manages to get a date, much less a boyfriend, unless her new store-bought boobs have something to do with it.

Oh, yeah, and Farrah turned over the leash to the dog to Sophia and just let her walk away with him. That's a hugely bad idea for both child and dog. Sophia's too young to understand how to walk a dog correctly (not that Farrah seems to have the foggiest idea of how to train a dog either), and the puppy's not going to understand that if he suddenly tugs, jerks, or pulls that he could cause Sophia to tumble, possibly down stairs.

I was angry with Tyler's mother too, particularly when she was adamant about how Butch has never been violent before this. Well, he's violent now, and Tyler has every right to feel as if he's done as much as he humanly can in terms of parenting his father, which isn't something he should have had to do in the first place, so if he doesn't want to show up for his arraignment, he shouldn't have to do so. Tyler was so good with April that I really hope he does pursue his idea about becoming a counselor. I also hope April gets some decent help. It would be good not only for her but for Tyler and Caitlyn. They'd finally see someone they've done their best to help start helping herself. Compared to Farrah, Tyler and Caitlyn are both so much more mature in their decision making. Doesn't mean they always make the best decisions, but they seem capable of learning from their mistakes. They also both seem very sincere when they say that they're content with their decision to give Carly up for adoption, because it was the best thing they could do for her and she'll have a better childhood than they did as a result. In fact, out of all the kids on this show, she likely has the very best chance of having a happy, stable childhood.

Hated Tyler's girlfriend asking Bentley if he'd rather live with Tyler. She needs to stay the heck out of that child's living arrangements. Even if she were married to Tyler, it's up to Tyler and Macy to work that out. Tyler always comes off as a mooch to me. Does he even work? He seems to depend on his doting parents for everything.

Watching Amber just makes me incredibly uncomfortable, because she's clearly such a train wreck. Maybe it's just because I know what happens to her after the show, but she needs real help. Not some feel good celebrity style rehab like Promises. I know the original celebrity rehab place--the Betty Ford Clinic--had its clients doing things like cleaning out their own toilets in addition to their group therapy etc. The idea was that they needed to take responsibility for their lives, including the boring, day to day business that everybody needs to do but nobody really wants to do. Now some of these higher priced places look like resorts, and it doesn't seem to have done anything for their success rates.

+ Reply to Thread