+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: The Challenge: Season 23

FORT Fan

Re: The Challenge: Season 23

On the Eric situation-I have a problem with ANYONE who comes on these shows out of shape. The show's been on for years, you know that there are lots of extremely physical challenges, you know that there are going to be endurance tests, and you know that there are going to be puzzles. So why don't you prepare for everything if you're serious about winning money? Especially since these kids do challenge after challenge and don't seem to be relying on any other sort of income besides the shows and appearances in bars. I get equally annoyed when I see CT huffing and puffing up a mountain because he won't quit smoking, or that one guy who everyone thought would be a beast because he had a lot of muscles, only to find out that while he could lift weights he couldn't do anything that required bursts of energy longer than a minute. It's the same when I watch Survivor and someone hasn't practiced fire making at home, or the Amazing Race when they don't bother to learn how to drive stick. If you know what's coming, and you really need/want that money, you should get serious, get in shape, and prepare in every way possible that gives you the best chance of winning.

I'll give Easy props-he's lost a good bit of weight and he's one of the chill ones on these shows and probably one of the few I would like to party with, but I'd be furious if he was on my team because he hurts other people's chances of winning the big prizes. You could say the same thing of a lot of people who have competed over the years, unfortunately he's an easy (pun intended) target because he's bigger.

Glad to see less experienced teams finally banding together and ousting the Vets, although it did make for a dull challenge for the most part. I kinda think Danny and Melinda threw that duel because they didn't look to have ANY urgency. I think no matter how many nice words they said, they really can't stand to be around each other.

Quick notes:

1-- Since when has anyone considered doing anything for 5 minutes an ENDURANCE event? Seriously?

2-- Who would have thought CRAZY FRANK would finally be the guy that a) recognized that the rookies didn't have to sit around and take crap from the vets if they banded together and b) actually got the rest of the dumb sheeple to finally cooperate. FINALLY!

3-- I love the "vets" who whine about rookies not just bending over or challenging their imaginary authority as gods of the challenges...they all did the exact same thing and always fail to miss the hypocrisy.

FORT Fan

That oil wrestling challenge was pathetic with so many of them throwing it. I'm glad to see Trey not giving in to everybody else and being a sheep. It looks like Sarah and Alton might become a possible item. She seems to hook up with somebody different every challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    That oil wrestling challenge was pathetic with so many of them throwing it. I'm glad to see Trey not giving in to everybody else and being a sheep. It looks like Sarah and Alton might become a possible item. She seems to hook up with somebody different every challenge.
    Well, at least it wasn't Johnny Bananas, he is abusive.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I have to give Big Easy props for trying to be diplomatic. Camilla does need to learn to get along better. But I do agree with her, what is wrong with encouraging your team during a challenge. Frank didn't need to shut her down. I do think though considering his personality that Frank would be an entirely abusive dictator given any kind of power. Did he have this kind of hold over his RW castmates? He seems very difficult.

FORT Fan

If it was something like "Hey, grab his arm" or "he's getting tired, go for it now" I wouldn't have a problem with her comments. But she said "Punch him in the balls". For me, that moves past encouragement and into something nasty. I can see why people were upset with her for going there.

Quote Originally Posted by pretlitdev View Post
    If it was something like "Hey, grab his arm" or "he's getting tired, go for it now" I wouldn't have a problem with her comments. But she said "Punch him in the balls". For me, that moves past encouragement and into something nasty. I can see why people were upset with her for going there.
    Really? I didn't hear what she had said. It is wrestling and not MMA (Mixed Martial Arts). Still didn't I see a lot of punching in the ribs during one match? And I saw a lot of neck choking. I thought TJ was yelling at them not to do certain moves and then complain when the power alliance started to throw the challenges. He has done it before. I don't think the game designers thought that would happen when they created the game. I hope that the producers can eliminate that kind of game play in the future.

FORT Fan

Okay, I went back and rewatched that segment and after a second viewing, it's not as clear what she said to punch. I still think she told Dustin to hit Zach in the balls, but I'm not entirely sure. However, after Frank complained about her comments, she DID clearly say "Punch his ribs then!" Bearcata, you're right, the designers definitely intended for this to be a fair, purely wrestling challenge and of course these kids ruined that. Producers can't just let them go whaling on each other with fists, but the way the game was designed-with the winning team getting to choose the next competitors- meant that anyone not aligned with Cancun would be scrapping for last place. It wasn't thoroughly thought out, but it was incredibly disappointing to see so many teams not even trying.

FORT Fan

Drama queen Frank and the steroid caveman should be glad that more regulars aren't in this challenge, or their side wouldn't stand a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    Drama queen Frank and the steroid caveman should be glad that more regulars aren't in this challenge, or their side wouldn't stand a chance.
    Yeah, although there are a few returnees, such as Alton and of course the Fresh Meat Team and Austin but that is only 2 teams out of 7. Still I do wonder how it would be next season if it was 50 percent veterans and 50 percent newbies?

+ Reply to Thread