+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: The Challenge: Season 23

Re: The Challenge: Season 23

I am not a fan of these overnight final challenges and all this other nonsense. I feel like in their zeal to make it HARD (which I totally support) they have made the final increasingly ridiculous and brutal...and I can't even imagine what they have cooked up for this one in the desert.

I want to see a full out battle in one day--where the competitors can give it all they have and collapse at the end with a feeling of finality. These overnight challenges play to the strength of folks that can sleep under any conditions, folks who may have different health/personal needs, etc... Most great sports are completed on the field in an epic battle--football, basketball, soccer etc... those guys go out and compete under specific time restraints and can bust their butts to be the best. I don't want to see a competitor lose because he couldn't sleep well in the freaking Artic without enough warmth after running 20 miles the day before or something of that nature--if you are competiting for money I want to see the best win the battle!
    And, last season when they had them submerge their bodies in the freezing rivers--what the heck!?! That is truly dangerous and not acceptable--this wasnt billed as fear factor but as an athletic competition that rewards endurance, strength and problem solving skills. tsk tsk on mtv!

Gross, San Diego wins. The one team I didn't want to win any money. Now Frank will be even more obnoxious in the future. I was pleasantly surprised how well Dustin and Trishelle worked together.
    "The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one." ~Elbert Hubbard
    "Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product." ~Eleanor Roosevelt
    ~R.I.P. Grandma 6/22/33 - 10/5/10~

I absolutely hate that San Diego won especially that detestable worm Frank. I just do not have the words to describe how vile that person is. I was hoping that Trishelle and Dustin would take away the win from them. While it was refreshing not to see the veterans this challenge I do wonder if San Diego would have been as successful if they had been there. As much as I am glad not to see Johnny Bananas, Evan, Kenny or CT I can see the newbies doing a couple of more veteran free challenges and then see a veteran vs newbie based challenge. Still I wonder if I could tolerate watching Frank and the boys on my TV Screen without hurling?
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

FORT Fan

Frank and Zach wouldn't have had a chance if Johnny Bananas, Kenny, Landon and the others were there. They would have never made it that far.

Of all the teams to win.... Yuck!! I couldn't stand San Diego.

I was a fan of the team Brooklyn from day one. However, as they all said, "You're only as good as your weakest link!" which is true. Poor Devon. She tried but couldn't keep up. I have to admit that I would have been the weakest link on a team when I take those final challenges into consideration. Very tough!

How much money did Brooklyn win...if any???

Brooklyn won $40,000.

I am so glad this season is over. I lost complete interest in it. Normally I watch this show as a fun distraction, but this season was a chore.

On to, hopefully, a better season.

FORT Fanatic

The Challenge: Season 23

Frank is just an awful human being. He is going to spend his life and die a very lonely person. Ashley is horrid too. I wish Sam punched her in the face. Who the hell is she to talk trash? That whole season is just despicable.

Take solis in the fact that they pretty much only won about 35k after taxes and such. Hopefully they're dumb and spend it all before Uncle Sam asks for it and they get raped in interest and penalties.

Take away the "team" dynamic of this season and all of them are gone very early on. This season was so one sided to a team that had two strong physical guys like frank and zack. Horrible season in general.

I watched the "reunion" special today was appalled how Frank and Zack treated Sam. San Diego won the challenge, they won a grand prize of $250,000 and Sam did help ala the two arena challenges and it seemed after the log puzzle that the team was communicating better and it seemed that Sam was contributing more and yet both Frank and Zack treated her like crap and just kept on and on the entire show. I don't get it you won, with having a weak team member and you tell her not to act the victim while you trash talk her for the entire length of the reunion special. What am I missing that both Frank and Zach seem to get about how they treated Sam?

FORT Fan

I'd rather sleep overnight in chilly weather and be submerged into really cold water, than having to be outside all day in the hot desert and sky diving from an airplane. I noticed that some of the other challengers had been mentioning Trishelle's age, and she ended up finishing in second place.

I didn't see the reunion episode yet, but I thought that Chet was being a little rude towards Devyn during the final. I can see how he was agitated though with the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    I'd rather sleep overnight in chilly weather and be submerged into really cold water, than having to be outside all day in the hot desert and sky diving from an airplane. I noticed that some of the other challengers had been mentioning Trishelle's age, and she ended up finishing in second place.

I didn't see the reunion episode yet, but I thought that Chet was being a little rude towards Devyn during the final. I can see how he was agitated though with the situation.
    I did like that Devyn owned that if she had been more physically fit her team would have won the final challenge and the grand prize.

+ Reply to Thread