+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Real World: St. Thomas

Re: Real World: St. Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    I just saw a commercial for this season, which I confess I have not been watching. Is this Rob character actually burning himself with cigarettes and punching himself in the head? For God's sake, they have rules about taking people out of the house if they hurt another cast mate. Doesn't that extend to someone who's clearly got such problems that he's hurting himself? His housemates aren't equipped to help him with problems like that, and they shouldn't be expected to handle them either. It's not good for him or them.
    I did see him hit himself in the head. It was out of the blue when he got some bad news. It was rather disturbing, but the only time I have noted him acting anything other than completely normal. I never saw him burn himself with cigarettes - I sure hope that isn't on an upcoming episode!

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    I just saw a commercial for this season, which I confess I have not been watching. Is this Rob character actually burning himself with cigarettes and punching himself in the head? For God's sake, they have rules about taking people out of the house if they hurt another cast mate. Doesn't that extend to someone who's clearly got such problems that he's hurting himself? His housemates aren't equipped to help him with problems like that, and they shouldn't be expected to handle them either. It's not good for him or them.
    OMG … when I watched last week's epi … my DVR cut off the previews. Today I saw a commercial for tonight … OMG OMG Rob is a MESS. OMG OMG … I did see him earlier in the season hit himself in the 'temple' very very hard repeatedly AND now tonight. OMG. That is very very sad. And very very messed up. I wish MTV would step in.

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher View Post
    I did see him hit himself in the head. It was out of the blue when he got some bad news. It was rather disturbing, but the only time I have noted him acting anything other than completely normal. I never saw him burn himself with cigarettes - I sure hope that isn't on an upcoming episode!
    ITS TONIGHT. JUST SAW THE COMMERCIAL. He burns himself repeatedly and then the scene changes and he slams himself in the head repeatedly again with the phone. OMG.
    KAREN

I just watched the show. That stuff with Rob was really disturbing. I really felt for his housemate who had been through it and was trying to help, but was getting blown off.

Trey continues to be a complete a$$hat. What is wrong with him!? When he was talking about how badly Marie speaks to Robb and how badly he treats her and then Laura walked in and he said something like "EWWW I found your nasty eyelash in my bed! It was disgusting! Get out of my room!". Pot, meet kettle.

Ugh. I think Latoya may be the only sane, grounded person in this house. I hope she doesn't prove me wrong next week...

Ok just watched and I need to clarify my last post above..... Robb used his FIST (not the phone) to punch his head repeatedly. Very very disturbing. Why does he do that? Over a girl??????
    KAREN

FORT Fogey

I think MTV absolutely should step in when a cast member is hurting himself, just as they would step in when a cast member hurts someone else. This isn't just some drunk housemate punching his fist through a wall and breaking his hand. This is someone repeatedly hurting himself in ways that indicate psychological problems. If they don't address those issues and things get worse...well, do they really want that on their consciences? Or in a lawsuit filed against them?

That kid needs professional help, not television coverage. If he refuses to get help, and is legally an adult, they can't do anything about that, but they can still, and should, remove him from the show. Being on camera 24/7 can't possibly be helping someone who's that self-abusive (except that it possibly drove his secret out into the open, assuming that he usually doesn't hurt himself when others can see him do it).

FORT Fan

On a side note, I'm real sorry to hear about the death of a former Real World member. Drugs are suspected to be the cause:

‘Real World’ and ‘Celebrity Rehab’ alum Joey Kovar dead at 29 - Yahoo! omg!

I think Rob's death really brings the discussion on drinking on the show. I don't remember (or maybe I was too young to notice) if this show first started, the 'woooooohooo shots!' mentality of the kids. I don't remember them drinking so much or being such human disasters. Unless they are preparing these kids to go on to 'celebrity rehab'. Sad.
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by beerbelly View Post
    I think Rob's death really brings the discussion on drinking on the show. I don't remember (or maybe I was too young to notice) if this show first started, the 'woooooohooo shots!' mentality of the kids. I don't remember them drinking so much or being such human disasters. Unless they are preparing these kids to go on to 'celebrity rehab'. Sad.
    I remember being upset during the Hawaii season when they let Ruthie, who was clearly very drunk, get behind the wheel of a car. I really thought MTV should have stepped in then, too, because she could have killed herself or someone else in that condition. She also had that bout with alcohol poisoning that was scary. Of course, she did eventually get help during her season, and the last time I heard or saw anything of her, she seemed to have turned her life around quite nicely. But it was still a very scary moment seeing her drive off from that club.

I realize the cast members are probably going to drink and party, but they could find other things for the the cast to do on a regular basis. It seems to me that in earlier seasons that they made a bigger deal out of them actually working in situations where they had to show up on time and do particular jobs (like the Boston season), which at least gave them something else to do and the audience something else to watch.

FORT Fan

Robb must have some pretty low self esteem to want to even associate with that gold digger Marie anymore. She's also trying to instigate fights between Swift and himself, just because she doesn't get along with Swift.

was there an episode this week?

+ Reply to Thread