+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Real World: St. Thomas

FORT Fanatic

Re: Real World: St. Thomas

For those complaining about them being on an Island, in the past how many places did they really go? 90% of the time they are laying around the house and then the others they are partying at the bars that MTV got permission for them to go to. I remember the 2nd NOLA season I was excited to see alot of the city but instead they went to one place over and over (The Beach).

Brandon shouldnt have been cast period. Addicts whether its drugs or alcohol shouldnt be using either. I dont buy into the whole AA/NA thing but I do know people who have used in the past and in order for them to stop, they have to fully stop. You cant claim to be rid of your demons and then get black out drunk to the point where people can convince you that you have done things you havent. Or get so drunk you bring deep stuff up and start crying and getting violent off it. I like the kid alot. I think hes one of the better ones but he shouldnt be in a house that promotes drinking.

My least fav is the blonde chick. Its like nails on a chalkboard everytime she speaks. I cant stand people who need to be loud and obnoxious and then play it off like "well thats who I am, take it or leave it".

FORT Fan

I get what you're saying about most cast members not having the motivation or permission to go to a large variety of places Giggity and I agree that to some extent that might be the case. I'm also thinking of my own knowledge of the islands though, because I've spent a significant amount of time there (although not a lot on St. Thomas). First of all, everything operates on 'island time' where nothing operates on posted schedules and no one really cares that much if they are slow or late. Also, St. Thomas and a lot of the other islands are mountainous, making travel slower because cars/taxis/etc because there are a lot of steep roads and switchbacks. St. Thomas is better than say, St. John or Tortola abut maintaining roads, but there are still a lot of places where people drive in the middle of the road unless they see an oncoming car because of potholes, so a lot of people drive slower because of that. And you can't discount donkeys and other wildlife in the roads (again, more prevalent on St. John) that are totally unconcerned with cars honking at them and trying to get by.

Now to add that to having to call a boat, wait for it, then take a slow route through the harbour (because for those who aren't familiar with boating, in certain areas you have to be going slow enough to keep from generating a wake) well I'd imagine it adds a whole lot of hassle and time to getting out of the house. I don't mind as much as I might have in past seasons because I find most of these kids interesting and I think that they come up with some great ways to entertain themselves when they do stay in.

I just feel like they're missing out on a huge part of island life by being secluded on that private island, especially when travel is already difficult. I've never minded that because the locals are super friendly and I'm very laid back, but I've had friends go down there with me and they can't ever get used to the slower pace. The ones who can't switch mentally away from mainland life are the ones who spend their vacations either sitting on the same beach or going to the same tired tourist spots. And I feel like that's where this cast is, in part because they are so separated from the rest of St. Thomas

FORT Regular

It seems to be all about looks for Brandon...I mean we can all say its about whats on the inside and life is all butterflies and rainbows...but reality is some people are out of some peoples leagues. Brandon is not ugly...he could probably pull a good looking chick...but he has zero self confidence and so its just not happening. He needs a nice sweet girl who will help him feel better about himself.

FORT Newbie

The Blonde girl is always playing mind games, it's sooo annoying. Brandon seems miserable out there, and it's a shame becuase the guy is on a great vacation. Brandon needs to be in rehab or something, I can't belive MTV knows he has a problem with substance abuse and yet they let him on this show.

FORT Fan

I didn't see the newest episode yet, but is this the one where Robb keeps punching himself in the face for some reason?

FORT Fan

So what do you think is the big secret between Trey and his girl back home? Her being pregnant seemed like the obvious choice, but do you think it might be something else?

FORT Fan

That was my guess too. Not sure what else it could be

mtv finally has the episodes back up . . . abt to catch up on all the eps i missed this season.

This is why I love 20 somethings...........give them a little alcohol, some sex and suddenly they are in love. At my age, I would have a good time with someone and if they treated my like Trey throwing his hissy fits, I would tell him to go away and leave me alone. I mean are they getting married? Good grief!
    Yup, with donuts!!

FORT Fan

Marie was being really ignorant to Swift. She deserved to get words thrown back at her, but he showed really good composure by holding his cool. Robb and Brandon looked like a couple of jabroni's by not sticking up for him.

+ Reply to Thread