+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Real World: St. Thomas

FORT Regular

Re: Real World: St. Thomas

I like Laura...watching right now and her thing with the Iguana was so cute. She seems like a pretty normal girl. Trey is hot...I hope he stops acting like a weirdo.

FORT Fan

Was Trey even in this episode? lol He reminds me of Brad from the first San Diego season. Robb reminds me of Frank from the first Las Vegas season.

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    Was Trey even in this episode? lol He reminds me of Brad from the first San Diego season. Robb reminds me of Frank from the first Las Vegas season.
    Ya, where was Trey?

Laura and the iguana … never in a million year would I be picking that up.

The dead fish … gag me … stupid dumb prank. That house must have stunk sooooooo bad.

Swift and his foot … ouch.

I was happy watching Swift and LaToya ATTEMPT to discuss the days events and what really happend AND THEN they both EXPLODED … more angry then they were ALL DAY.

I know we are only a few epi's in BUT are the house guests going to be doing anything besides sleep, eat, drink all day long???
    KAREN

FORT Fan

I'm going way back, but this season has been the worst so far since Real World London.

FORT Fanatic

I know we are only a few epi's in BUT are the house guests going to be doing anything besides sleep, eat, drink all day long???
    And play pranks

I think they start their job in the next episode

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    I'm going way back, but this season has been the worst so far since Real World London.
    I thought San Diego 2 was much worse than this. This cast is more likable. It just seems like they don't have as much freedom because they're on that island.

FORT Fan

Yeah but at least the second season of San Diego had more interesting things going on. lol Some of the current cast showed that they are easy, such as Laura. Though not much else at all has happened. For example, that prank with the fish might have taken up part of the plot in a typical previous Real World season, but not the whole episode. lol

FORT Fan

Finally an interesting episode, I liked this one.

FORT Regular

These people are a whole lot more likable than most of the real world casts in recent memory. Except I am really not into Brandon and his drunk antics. He knows he is not super good looking, and also not many girls want to deal with "the demons that rattle his cages"...so why does he try to hook up with these super hot girls and then cry when they stand him up. Guy needs to get real.

FORT Fan

Not everything is about looks. lol Brandon seems like a genuine person, and that girl he wanted to hang out with was acting shady. He should find a way to diss her the next time he sees her.

FORT Fan

I'm also finding this cast so much more likeable than casts in recent seasons...and I think it's because a fair number of them aren't drinking themselves blind every night. This episode you had Laura, Trey and LaToya talking about how they aren't trying to get drunk all the time, and Swift seems to know where his limit is AND stop before he hits that mark. In fact, although I still think it's terrible for MTV to cast someone who clearly doesn't have a handle on his addictions, this is probably the best roommate situation I've ever seen on this show for someone like Brandon. If he does decide to stop, he's got support from a number of roomies so he won't be the only one not drinking when they go out.

I also think they're likeable because they aren't screaming at each other all the time. There was the thing with Toya and Swift, but I think editing made that out to be longer than it probably was. Then Trey tonight just walked away rather than letting himself get drawn into a silly fight. They seem to be able to move on past stuff and not let things get under their skin for the most part, like with the peanut butter (I laughed myself silly there and trey did too) Let's hope that keeps up all season.

I seriously, seriously hate that they are stuck on that private island though. I think it really limits them getting to explore the islands. And I'm torn here, because there are so many places down there that I love that I'd love to see on the show, but at the same time, I don't want those places to be widely known. But it does make me sad that because they have to take a boat even to leave their house that they are missing out on so many amazing places just on St. Thomas, much lest the rest of the islands. It's less than an hour to St. John and Tortola. Not much farther to Virgin Gorda, close to Norman Island. But they're spending so much time just having to take a boat to go eat that I guess they don't want to do a lot of exploring if it means being on a boat longer. I know that it must have been hard for production to find a big enough house on that island that they could rent, but this is just a ridiculous solution. They are missing out on so much island life.

As for Brandon....it really is his attitude more than anything. If he's self conscious about his body...change it! He's pudgy, but he's not fat. He could drop a significant bit of weight if he does quit drinking, then it would just be a matter of toning. But he's not a bad looking kid. He's definitely got a cool style about him, he seems like a sweet guy. He just needs to be able to control himself and not come off so desperate. That's more of a turn off than the fact that he's carrying a few extra pounds.

+ Reply to Thread