+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: MTV The Challenge: Battle of the Exes

FORT Fanatic

Re: MTV The Challenge: Battle of the Exes

Quote Originally Posted by tears.and.rain View Post
    I fully agree with how the show handled this incident (although I think Sarah should have received a new partner, but did she hook up with anyone else?), and I'm disgusted by the idea that she was "asking for it" by the way she was dressed. However, there's no question that someone should have tipped her off that she was letting out a little more than intended.
    I didnt say she was asking for it. What I said was her outrage over it was a little much for the type of person she is. (if I did say she was "asking for it" then I misspoke or misunderstood) I look at this situation from a whole, not just the moment of what happened. How many times on these challenges have they shown crazy sexual antics happening? How many times have the women torn their clothes off to go for a swim while ever male cast member is looking on? How many times have they had parties where they show each other dressed in nothing and hooking up with whomever they want? My point is that these challenges are sex fueled parties and the idea that because some girls shirt got pulled at (I have yet to see it "RIPPED OFF"), and she would react like this heinous crime was committed was a bit much. Vinny is a total creep and he was out of line doing what he did but when I look at the whole situation, I find it hard to believe that Mandi is going to be scarred for life because of it.

Then you people mock someone because they like to talk about how they beat Cancer and im the horrible person. Really? While you sit there and call her a "fame whore" with a "polyana" act, why dont you google Med Gift and see whats shes all about.

FORT Fogey

Excuse me, I did not mock ANYONE for having cancer. All I have said about Diem was that I feel she's in the wrong in terms of her relationship with CT. Her strength in the face of cancer and the work she does in support of others is admirable.

And all the behaviors you've pointed to in discrediting the seriousness of the situation with Vinny are missing the point: when the girls take their clothes off on their own or dress skimpily or get really drunk and do dumb things those are *their* choices. What Vinny did took Mandi's choice away - that's the point that's being made. I don't think anyone's saying it will scar her for life but it crossed a line and it violated her and it wasn't right.
    Uncle David likes this.

Can we discuss why weak/unfit/FAT people continue to show up for these challenges when they have a very poor chance of making it to the end and zero chance of placing in the finale (and lately 3rd has been no money (I know this cycle is different)). I just don't understand how, after like 20 challenges, people still show up without preparing! Annesa is FAT, Vinny is FAT, Naomi probably couldn't run a mile (or do anything else for that matter)...I could go on and on! What is wrong with these people...I know they aren't the brightest bunch (as demonstrated yet again during the trivia challenge (and the trivia was pop/celeb culture for goodness sakes!!)) but at some point you gotta realize that the same people are generally doing well in each challenge and those folks happen to be pretty athletic...

Quote Originally Posted by mindy384 View Post
    Can we discuss why weak/unfit/FAT people continue to show up for these challenges when they have a very poor chance of making it to the end and zero chance of placing in the finale (and lately 3rd has been no money (I know this cycle is different)). I just don't understand how, after like 20 challenges, people still show up without preparing! Annesa is FAT, Vinny is FAT, Naomi probably couldn't run a mile (or do anything else for that matter)...I could go on and on! What is wrong with these people...I know they aren't the brightest bunch (as demonstrated yet again during the trivia challenge (and the trivia was pop/celeb culture for goodness sakes!!)) but at some point you gotta realize that the same people are generally doing well in each challenge and those folks happen to be pretty athletic...
    I am have two opinions about this maybe more. The challenge originally started as a friendly competition between Real Worlders and Road Rulers. It was pretty obvious that Road Rulers were in better shape physically because that is what that show was all about. What annoys me is that the producers go overboard casting steroid using behemoths instead of regulars type guys. What I liked last season is that Leroy's partner (Mike?) was this skinny, nerdy dude that really did quite well as a teammate getting to the finale. Also over the years the finale has been getting harder and harder and even dangerous, but common sense dictates that you have to be in shape to compete if nothing else when you are partnered in the finale and your partner is a female she needs to be in excellent cardio shape. Paula gets this and is considered a very good runner, and some of the other females also are good athletes which makes it very unfair for folks like Shauvon. Does she really have a chance? But it has irked me a lot when I see Aneesa who can beyotch her way to a finale obviously be about 20 to 30 lbs overweight and can't run up a hill. Why does she bother if she knows she can't finish. Does she think her teammate will carry her. Let's not forget Big Easy's collapse and when he returned several seasons later and a couple of pounds lighter who was he fooling. If he had dropped about 80 plus pounds and was working out everyday he would have stayed a lot longer then he did.

My other pet peeve besides not being physically prepared for the challenge is the fear of heights thing. It is obvious it is very common and that the Challenges play to that fear. Well if it was me I think I would do something to help me out like learn how to rock climb, get therapy, something.

As for Vinny he is stupid I don't expect much. Neither did anyone else and the person who truly suffered for his ignorance is Sara.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

FORT Fan

I wonder why Mark's age gets brought up a lot, like it's a negative to be in the competition. Though, when in reality, he's in way better shape than anybody else on the show and one of the best competitors.

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    I wonder why Mark's age gets brought up a lot, like it's a negative to be in the competition. Though, when in reality, he's in way better shape than anybody else on the show and one of the best competitors.
    Well, he is from one of the very first seasons and is over 30 the rest of the players range aren't.

Who left last night? My dvr shut off early. Was it
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Aneesa and Rachel, or Tyrie and Jasmine
    ?
    I don't object to the concept of a deity, but I'm baffled by the notion of one that takes attendance.
    Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur. Happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr...purr...purr.

The second couple.

My thought is they keep showing up because they are there for the fame/camera exposure and the money is just an added incentive. I think a number of these people go on these shows with no expectation of actually winning and just want to be on camera and gain fame, or infamy.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Ace Medallion View Post
    My thought is they keep showing up because they are there for the fame/camera exposure and the money is just an added incentive. I think a number of these people go on these shows with no expectation of actually winning and just want to be on camera and gain fame, or infamy.
    This has become a career for alot of these people. The go on the show, get a Z-list celeb fame and then use it to get appearance fees and such.

Ive been kind of let down by this season. The challenges are quick and nothing crazy and the Domes have been eh. The trivia one was just stupid and I think done just for the sensational factor of them smashing the water. On the 4th dome, theyre already repeated. How boring do you think it was for everyone not in it to watch that for 30 mins?
    Not to mention they sent two teams home and didnt replace them.

Someone tell Johnny noone cares about the Johnny Bananas law suit. Change your shirt moron.

How about Robin freaking out and Paula looking like a sane person trying to calm her down. I hope she really doesnt believe shes never won a challenge because she doesnt play the politics. Nope, its bc youre bat sh!t crazy and a terrible competitor. Whos watching her kid while shes doing this? Pretty sure shes a single mom.

I heard Cuhutta and Kelly Anne turned down the invite to be on and thats why we got Nate and Pricilla.

+ Reply to Thread