+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: MTV The Challenge: Battle of the Exes

Re: MTV The Challenge: Battle of the Exes

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel View Post
    I don't even mind that so much, chicagodiva. It's the constant poor me/always the victim mentality that bothers me about her. CT has every reason to be hurt or ticked off.
    This so much. I just can't with her.

Talking about the cancer especially surviving it at such a young age I don't mind hearing. In fact since that is part of her "TV persona" I am sure the assistant producers do ask her about it in the confessionals and that is what is aired. It is like watching the Biggest Loser that one season and the girl who was "America's Choice" constantly mentioned it as if we hadn't heard it before like a million times. It tends to be pretty much a staple of reality tv to be constantly reminder what character we are seeing.

What I find a big disconnect is that Diem because of her cancer probably has a totally focused view of what she wants out of life and CT seems to be a more laid back lets see what happens type of guy. I don't think their points of view of how they see themselves and how they want to live their lives and where they want to be in 10 or 15 yrs mess up very well and that is part of their conflict and big disconnect. That and they have not learned to speak and listen to each other very well.
    chicagodiva likes this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

FORT Fogey

I just saw last week's episode again tonight. While I still think they handled the Vinny/Mandi situation completely appropriately, I noticed that in earlier footage of Mandi at the bar, they put a black box over a side view of her in that shirt. She was standing with other cast members at that point too. My question is why didn't one of her fellow cast members--or for that matter, whoever was shooting the footage--discreetly let her know that her halter needed to be retied? She was clearly embarrassed when her top came off and people in the bar saw her boobs, so I imagine she would have appreciated knowing people were getting an unintentional eyeful prior to that.

I also noticed that when Sara was told she had to go home, Paula seemed especially upset about it and was quick to comfort her. Prior to that, when Vinny was discussing the situation with Mark, Mark said something about how in the past what Vinny did might have been overlooked but that wasn't going to happen now. I wonder if Paula was feeling bad that by trying to push the show to acknowledge that it has, in the past, treated women contestants poorly that she inadvertently ended up putting Sarah in a position where she got ejected from the game for doing nothing wrong and if Mark was acknowledging a change in the climate of the challenges. I don't think Paula should feel guilty if they changed the rules because of her lawsuit, however, because the female contestants shouldn't have to put up with things like having their tops ripped off or being sexually assaulted just because they're passed out drunk. I just wonder if that might have been going through her mind.

As for tonight's episode, when they announced the rules for the game and then cut to Leroy's face, did anyone else imagine him thinking, "Damn. Where's Mike when I need him?" I was sorry to see Leroy go, but he was a class act up until the end, never blaming Naomi for anything and accepting defeat gracefully. I liked that he said Naomi gave 110% and that's all he could ask of her, so she had nothing to feel bad about. He's a refreshing change from your typical RWer, even if he is still a player where the ladies are involved. At least I can see the attraction, as it's not just a matter of the way he looks. He's also a basically decent, honest guy. Heck, he was even honest with Naomi about how their relationship was in the past and they needed to concentrate on the competition, and she seemed to settle down to play the game after that.

When Dustin and Heather left JD said something interesting that you had to leave with your ex. So if seems that the only way you got to compete is with the criteria that you hooked up with someone and I wonder if one person had multiple hookups then if that person's partner has to leave if another ex is available they might be allowed to stay?

Leroy and Naomi graceful exit.

Wow, Paula winning the previous competition must have given her some kind of closure cause she seems much more confident and self assured and is not going crazy and paranoid. Good call throwing Ty and Emily into the Doom. Emily was an idiot for reacting badly to that after all first, second and third place will not simply be given to you because you are you. Of course she has a huge advantage because of her size and of course this means she has a huge target on her back. What did she expect, everyone to leave her alone. Duh!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    I just saw last week's episode again tonight. While I still think they handled the Vinny/Mandi situation completely appropriately, I noticed that in earlier footage of Mandi at the bar, they put a black box over a side view of her in that shirt. She was standing with other cast members at that point too. My question is why didn't one of her fellow cast members--or for that matter, whoever was shooting the footage--discreetly let her know that her halter needed to be retied? She was clearly embarrassed when her top came off and people in the bar saw her boobs, so I imagine she would have appreciated knowing people were getting an unintentional eyeful prior to that.
    I fully agree with how the show handled this incident (although I think Sarah should have received a new partner, but did she hook up with anyone else?), and I'm disgusted by the idea that she was "asking for it" by the way she was dressed. However, there's no question that someone should have tipped her off that she was letting out a little more than intended.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    I also noticed that when Sara was told she had to go home, Paula seemed especially upset about it and was quick to comfort her. Prior to that, when Vinny was discussing the situation with Mark, Mark said something about how in the past what Vinny did might have been overlooked but that wasn't going to happen now. I wonder if Paula was feeling bad that by trying to push the show to acknowledge that it has, in the past, treated women contestants poorly that she inadvertently ended up putting Sarah in a position where she got ejected from the game for doing nothing wrong and if Mark was acknowledging a change in the climate of the challenges. I don't think Paula should feel guilty if they changed the rules because of her lawsuit, however, because the female contestants shouldn't have to put up with things like having their tops ripped off or being sexually assaulted just because they're passed out drunk. I just wonder if that might have been going through her mind.
    I think you're confusing Paula with Tonya. Tonya has the lawsuit out right now. I think Paula's reaction comes from the fact that she feels she's been screwed out of money several times before on this show.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by tears.and.rain View Post
    I fully agree with how the show handled this incident (although I think Sarah should have received a new partner, but did she hook up with anyone else?), and I'm disgusted by the idea that she was "asking for it" by the way she was dressed. However, there's no question that someone should have tipped her off that she was letting out a little more than intended.

I think you're confusing Paula with Tonya. Tonya has the lawsuit out right now. I think Paula's reaction comes from the fact that she feels she's been screwed out of money several times before on this show.
    You're right--I am. Sorry, I'm getting used to needing to get up at six a.m. every blasted morning, and I'm tired.

FORT Fogey

No worries! I think you're right though, that after Tonya's lawsuit they are taking that kind of behavior more seriously.

would have loved them to have shown more of Johnny shirtless. Other then that, thought it was a pretty borring eposide.

When Mark was talking about how in the past something like this would have been tolerated but now no....I think he was talking about Tonya's lawsuit. Now that she's sueing for sexual harrasment, I believe that MTV is very paranoid and does not want ANYTHING like that to happen again. Which is why I think they got rid of Vinny and did not tolerate his actions at all.

Ironically I think they sent home Sarah also because of Tonya's lawsuit. The only other person Sarah has hooked up with is Kenny which would have been a perfect choice to fly in and replace Vinny.......BUT he's currently being sued by Tonya. I believe that until this lawsuit is taken care of they will not have Kenny or Evan on the shows.

It's kind of crazy how much Tonya's lawsuit has effected this challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by Ace Medallion View Post
    When Mark was talking about how in the past something like this would have been tolerated but now no....I think he was talking about Tonya's lawsuit. Now that she's sueing for sexual harrasment, I believe that MTV is very paranoid and does not want ANYTHING like that to happen again. Which is why I think they got rid of Vinny and did not tolerate his actions at all.

Ironically I think they sent home Sarah also because of Tonya's lawsuit. The only other person Sarah has hooked up with is Kenny which would have been a perfect choice to fly in and replace Vinny.......BUT he's currently being sued by Tonya. I believe that until this lawsuit is taken care of they will not have Kenny or Evan on the shows.

It's kind of crazy how much Tonya's lawsuit has effected this challenge.
    Maybe it is a good thing before something really bad happened.

+ Reply to Thread