+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By prhoshay
  • 1 Post By Imperfect1

Thread: Chelsea Settles

FORT Fan

Chelsea Settles

I LOVE this show. I never likes the reality shows similar to this one, but something about Chelsea is so compelling. She is a sweetheart and has so much beauty on the outside (her face is flawless). It is so amazing how she is alienated for her weight.

Re: Chelsea Settles

I really like this show so far, Chelsea seems really sweet. I guess I misunderstood the previews because I thought it was going to be a show about her losing weight, but it has been pretty interesting without any real focus on that.

I love her roommate! She is totally a hipster but she seems so sweet and like she really accepts Chelsea, idk if Chelsea has ever really experienced that from someone who isn't her relative. (Jarrell)

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Have to admit that I enjoy this show. It has been good to see her weight coming down with her committment to the physical trainer and herself. She has the most spectacular eyes!

I doubt that she will, but she has to realize that she can't let her unsupportive military boyfriend pull her back down into the hole that she has managed to start climbing out of. She seems to be beginning to realize her life's goals, and is working toward them, in a good way. She cannot allow herself to be controlled and put down by him, like he tried to do right before she left her hometown. This new guy is a much better fit for her!
    channel5lady likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

I'm really liking the show too, and Chelsea really is a sweetheart! You can't help but root for her --- and hope that she continues on her path of following her dreams. I'm surprised too, that originally, losing weight was not the main focus of her plans, but I'm glad to see that she's working on it now because, for all the reasons that we're all aware of, it's good for her and much healthier for her to do so.

I hate to pre-judge her boyfriend in the military without hearing his thoughts on their future. He may not be aware of all the things that have changed in her life now, and it may be that he'll be totally supportive of her pursuing her goals. And, let's not forget, that he has no control over where the Army sends him to live when he comes back to the US. He may be just as torn as she is --- both wanting her to be with him, but yet also wanting the best for her and her future life.
    channel5lady likes this.

Some people, and I'm pretty sure that I saw it in him, want you to take the back seat to them, and don't encourage you to go forward in your own life....for whatever reason; they want you to fall into lockstep with them. I've had 2 men like that in my life....one of whom I made the mistake of marrying. What DID work out was when I followed my own dreams, and left them behind. When I thought was excited about something, and I shared it with them and they discouraged me, or laid down some kind of ultimatum, I thought about it for about 5 seconds...got offended and insulted...and took off to do my own thing, to my benefit, might I add. It hurt my feelings more that they weren't supportive of me. I remember the military guy, basically, telling her that she wasn't going to do any better. Blew me away!

When you're young, you shouldn't allow a man to hold you back from your dream. You're still growing and maturing and don't need an extra 180 pounds (HIM) to hold you back. If you do, you will never forgive yourself, and you will come to resent him! Never Be Afraid To Follow Your Dreams! Somebody who doesn't want what YOU want for yourself, just wants to control you and hold you back! Later for the stupid stuff!

And if HE chooses/chose a life where he has no control over where he is sent and what he does...that's HIS problem, and NOT hers! Good for Chelsea!!!!
    Last edited by prhoshay; 12-05-2011 at 02:17 PM.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Some people, and I'm pretty sure that I saw it in him, want you to take the back seat to them, and don't encourage you to go forward in your own life....for whatever reason; they want you to fall into lockstep with them. I've had 2 men like that in my life....one of whom I made the mistake of marrying. What DID work out was when I followed my own dreams, and left them behind. When I thought was excited about something, and I shared it with them and they discouraged me, or laid down some kind of ultimatum, I thought about it for about 5 seconds...got offended and insulted...and took off to do my own thing, to my benefit, might I add. It hurt my feelings more that they weren't supportive of me. I remember the military guy, basically, telling her that she wasn't going to do any better. Blew me away!

When you're young, you shouldn't allow a man to hold you back from your dream. You're still growing and maturing and don't need an extra 180 pounds (HIM) to hold you back. If you do, you will never forgive yourself, and you will come to resent him! Never Be Afraid To Follow Your Dreams! Somebody who doesn't want what YOU want for yourself, just wants to control you and hold you back! Later for the stupid stuff!

And if HE chooses/chose a life where he has no control over where he is sent and what he does...that's HIS problem, and NOT hers! Good for Chelsea!!!!
    GREAT POST Shay, and I totally agree! But I'm confused about one thing ---- I was trying to give Chelsea's boyfriend the benefit of the doubt because I don't remember ever seeing him on an episode and I didn't know how he felt about what was going on in Chelsea's current life. Was he ever actually shown on an episode?

He was shown when he was home on leave before she ever left for California. When he discouraged her from doing her own thing, you could see her face fall. It broke my heart. She had me talking back to the television. He seemed to think that it was a good idea to get her to whatever little town the base was in, and marry her; then I could see the babies coming, and HER being miserable. I'm sure his thinking was that she couldn't do any better than him, what with her being a small town, severely overweight girl who is a "pleaser". She definitely did the right thing! And I am thrilled that she is not going back to him!!! Like she said, if they were meant to be, it will happen when it does. Scared me to death when she packed up her bags to go back but then, thank goodness, changed her mind!!! At this point in time, that is a dead-end street for her.

Article in the TV Guide showing Chelsey 116 lbs lighter at 209.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

WOW!!! Super-impressive!!! Can't wait for this show to resume!

+ Reply to Thread