+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 106
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Real World: San Diego 2

  1. #61
    FORT Regular
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    94

    Re: Real World: San Diego 2

    I feel so bad for Franks mom. Once again its like she is saying one thing and he is hearing another. Sounds like she just wants him to make up his mind so he can be happy....but he just wants to argue with her.

  2. #62
    FORT Fanatic Ace Medallion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    449

    Re: Real World: San Diego 2

    The editing in this last episode was so forced and ridiculous. Literally one minute they are complete homophobes and don't give Frank the time of day, and then we come back from commercial and suddenly they are completely fine with it and hanging out in the gay district? Wait what???? Where was the transitioning and learning? I get that MTV and BMP was trying to show that people can come around and realize the error of their ways but can we have some transitioning and setup? It was actually jarring how terribly they jumped from them being homophobic to them being fine with it.

    This was the most enjoyable episode so far of the season though. I'm starting to dislike this season a little less than I originally did. I still think it's one of the worst season's in the show's entire 26 season run though.

  3. #63
    FORT Fogey momrek06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Orange County, California
    Posts
    3,995

    Re: Real World: San Diego 2

    Can I just say this after watching RW for the better part of 15 years this IS the worst RW ever. And whats the most disappointing is I actually live here in SD. I was really hoping this would be an awesome season. It is awful. Period.
    Ace Medallion likes this.
    KAREN

  4. #64
    FORT Regular
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    50

    Re: Real World: San Diego 2

    I don't have that big a problem with the cast, but the whole show is based on gay issues. Pretty much the whole show. Please don't get me wrong, I don't have a problem with the airing of these issues, and I have no problem with what Frank and Sam are trying to do, but it is being shoved down our throats 24/7. I think we are all smart enough to get it. Can't we have this sandwiched between other things going on? The other cast members really have no point of even being on the show. Especially the young one. She gets about a minute of air time per show. I can't even remember her name.

  5. #65
    Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Right Here, Right Now
    Posts
    25,318

    Re: Real World: San Diego 2

    I thought it was interesting that Frank told Nate not to get too into and excited about the guys Nate is wanting to partner up with concerning his charity, but Nate is ridiculously, head-over-heels about Michael. Talk about a way to get seriously hurt! And Frank seems like the type to go to desperate measures should something happen to end he and Michael. Pot, meet kettle! I think Frank's position is much more precarious than Nate's.....and in no way is Frank equiped to handle that disappointment.

    And I wish Frank's mother had hung up on him instead of letting him talk to her like she is some excrement on the bottom of his shoe.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

    When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

  6. #66
    FORT Fanatic
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    419

    Re: Real World: San Diego 2

    If I didnt have this set as a season pass on my tivo, I doubt I would be watching anymore. It really is the worst season ever. Makes Cancun, Philly and DC all seem like all stars.
    I agree that the gay issue is being shoved down our throats this season. This entire episode was about it. I dont mind it once in a while but not a whole episode.
    Its been said many times but wow is Frank messed up. Falling in love with someone in what, 36 hours? The writing is on the wall that this is going to end horribly.
    Thor and Ashley need to get over themselves. "Everyone was looking at me like I was a $5000 steak". No, they were lookin at you like you were a close minded ass hole. Ashley is about as smart as a box of rocks. Her reason for being uncomfortable was just nonsense. To me it seemed like she was just doing it because Thor didnt like it and she wants to do whatever he does.
    Ill again reiterate that I think Nate is a gigantic tool. Hes socially awkward and drinks to excess to make social situations better. One of my favorite staples of the real world happened when they were sitting around the table eating breakfast. Nate was telling Ashley about his project and she gave the standard "oh my god thats so amazing..." response where you can see she could care less and is just being polite. It happens every year when someone takes on a cause and the rest of the roommates pretend they care and say that same line. Not saying his thing is dumb but it happens every season.
    Ace Medallion likes this.

  7. #67
    Pineapple! ClosetRTWatcher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Groovin' with my human boom box
    Posts
    4,565

    Re: Real World: San Diego 2

    Quote Originally Posted by Giggity22 View Post
    Its been said many times but wow is Frank messed up. Falling in love with someone in what, 36 hours? The writing is on the wall that this is going to end horribly.
    On the one hand I think it is cute that he is so giddy about finding someone and being in an environment where he can be open about it. I think this is completely new to him. On the other hand, I agree that he could be very self-destructive if/when this relationship ends. I hope he talks to the therapist about it to get some perspective. Mike seems genuinely nice, and it would stink to get into a relationship where the other person was so co-dependent that you were worried/scared to end it. It really caught my attention when Frank said "I love you" and Mike said "I know you do".

    Quote Originally Posted by Giggity22 View Post
    Thor and Ashley need to get over themselves. "Everyone was looking at me like I was a $5000 steak". No, they were lookin at you like you were a close minded ass hole. Ashley is about as smart as a box of rocks. Her reason for being uncomfortable was just nonsense. To me it seemed like she was just doing it because Thor didnt like it and she wants to do whatever he does.
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought that remark by Thor was completely idiotic. He is really full of himself. He seems so uptight about the idea that a guy might try to pick him up, like "the gay" is catching or he is incapable of saying no.
    The one bright side with Thor is that I thought it was nice near the end when he said something about how Mike brings out the best in Frank. It *seemed* like he was finally getting an inkling that love is a good thing regardless of the genders involved.

    Quote Originally Posted by Giggity22 View Post
    Ill again reiterate that I think Nate is a gigantic tool. Hes socially awkward and drinks to excess to make social situations better. One of my favorite staples of the real world happened when they were sitting around the table eating breakfast. Nate was telling Ashley about his project and she gave the standard "oh my god thats so amazing..." response where you can see she could care less and is just being polite. It happens every year when someone takes on a cause and the rest of the roommates pretend they care and say that same line. Not saying his thing is dumb but it happens every season.
    I have mixed feelings about Nate. He really does seem to drink excessively. I have rarely seen someone with a hangover look quite that dreadful. I was glad Frank pointed out the It Gets Better Project, because I kept thinking that Nate's project seemed like it had a very similar goal. I think at this point the It Gets Better Project has really broken out of just the LGBT community. Nate has been walking around talking up a storm about "his" project, but what have we seen him do other than talk about it? We have seen other people create the website, other people set up the kick off party, etc, etc. I didn't really get Frank's concern about the other guys because it seems like they have done most of the work anyway!!

  8. #68
    FORT Fanatic Ace Medallion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    449

    Re: Real World: San Diego 2

    Quote Originally Posted by Giggity22 View Post
    If I didnt have this set as a season pass on my tivo, I doubt I would be watching anymore. It really is the worst season ever. Makes Cancun, Philly and DC all seem like all stars.
    I agree that the gay issue is being shoved down our throats this season. This entire episode was about it. I dont mind it once in a while but not a whole episode.
    Its been said many times but wow is Frank messed up. Falling in love with someone in what, 36 hours? The writing is on the wall that this is going to end horribly.
    Thor and Ashley need to get over themselves. "Everyone was looking at me like I was a $5000 steak". No, they were lookin at you like you were a close minded ass hole. Ashley is about as smart as a box of rocks. Her reason for being uncomfortable was just nonsense. To me it seemed like she was just doing it because Thor didnt like it and she wants to do whatever he does.
    Ill again reiterate that I think Nate is a gigantic tool. Hes socially awkward and drinks to excess to make social situations better. One of my favorite staples of the real world happened when they were sitting around the table eating breakfast. Nate was telling Ashley about his project and she gave the standard "oh my god thats so amazing..." response where you can see she could care less and is just being polite. It happens every year when someone takes on a cause and the rest of the roommates pretend they care and say that same line. Not saying his thing is dumb but it happens every season.
    Completely agree with every single thing you said. I was trying to think of past seasons that were this horrible and all I could really think of was London, Philly, and Washington DC and I realized that even all three of those were more entertaining and likable than this crap season. This truly is for me the worst cast and worst season of all time.

  9. #69
    FORT Regular
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    94

    Re: Real World: San Diego 2

    Guess what Zach...Sam did not make Ashley cry....Ashleys stupid drunk ass cried because she said a stupid thing and then became over emotional because she was DRUNK.

    Why does he keep asking a tiny woman what is she going to do....its so immature, its obvious Zach was the guy in high school who beat up anybody who got in his way...he seems to think that if you can't beat him physically, then you can't even speak your mind to him. LAME.

  10. #70
    Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Right Here, Right Now
    Posts
    25,318

    Re: Real World: San Diego 2

    I am surprised that Frank has not given Mike(?) claustrophobia. Frank is so pushy and over-aggressive that I am surprised that the boy can even breathe. Frank's behavior is enough to make Mike run the other way....and with good reason. You could easily come to hate a person like Frank. A little goes a very loooonnng way.

    Can't stand how desperate Ashley is acting. And she's trying to buy Zack. What's with the $500 boots?? She keeps going on about "serious" and "long term". Ashley, he's just not that into you. It's rather sad.

    I remember my now-deceased mother-in-law saying "Never buy a man shoes. He will put them on and walk away from you!"
    Last edited by prhoshay; 11-10-2011 at 05:55 PM.
    ClosetRTWatcher likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

    When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.