+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Real World: San Diego 2

FORT Fanatic

Re: Real World: San Diego 2

This cast is just terrible. Sam is the only one who has a somewhat likable personality. Bunim Murry did a terrible job here. These are just totally uninteresting and un likable people. I hope none of them make their way to the challenge but I think Thor is a lock.
    I honestly dont even know what the white chicks name is. She has zero going on. She just assumes shes the hot chick that people would just love because shes hot. Well, shes really not that hot. "people will tip me because of my face". No sweetheart, they wont. Shes going to end up the girl everyone passes around if she ever makes it to the challenge.
    I still cant believe that fight over holding hands between that couple. How could they even think they are going to work? They could be the worst couple on this planet. They dont get along, theyre boring as hell and they seem to have nothing in common other then he plays guitar and she sings. When youve been together for less then 6 months and you fight about ice cream on your hands, its not going to last.
    Nate is a tool. A complete tool. In the first episode I thought he seemed to be somewhat cool but everytime they show him and his giant face and his stupid smile it makes me dislike him even more. Kid acts like hes 13 years old.
    Everyone has done a pretty good job bashing Frank for the psycho attention whore that he is. Not much else needs to be said.
    Priscella and her mom creep me out. I get that she had her at a young age but the whole "we're like sisters thing" is just weird.
    Zack. Could be one of the easiest to hate RWer in a long time. I can understand the whole being a redneck and being creeped out by the gay stuff but dude, tone it down. I have gay friends and family and im not going to lie, sometimes it kind of makes me feel a little weird but I would never act like that. Look away, walk away, do anything else. Hes just a dumb conceited jock who has nothing but his looks going for him.
    What bothers me about Sam is how she just wont let Zack be the way he is. Sure its close minded the way he and his idiot redneck friends act but that doesnt give you the right to force it down his throat. If he doesnt want to be a part of it, let him look like a jackass.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by WillowLeviosa View Post
    Oh god so I officially hate Zach. This whole "gay people freak me out" thing makes you look like such a pussy dude.
    It always amazes me when they end up with cast members who are all shocked and uncomfortable with sharing the house with someone who's gay. Have they never seen the show before? There's almost always at least one gay cast member. It's like being shocked and uncomfortable that the house has a hot tub or a pool table. If you sign up for the show, you should expect that you're going to be living with people who may be unlike yourself, including in terms of their sexual preferences.

I keep waiting for the first differently abled house member. There's really no reason they couldn't have someone in a wheelchair or someone who's deaf or blind (as opposed to blind drunk) in the house. Unless they've already done that and I've missed it--I haven't seen every single season.

Of course, I'd also like to see a season where a stereotypical frat boy type showed up and discovered no one else in the house drank. Imagine how much time they might have to do stuff that might be interesting to watch if they didn't spend so much time getting sloppy drunk.

FORT Fogey

What bothers me about Sam is how she just wont let Zack be the way he is. Sure its close minded the way he and his idiot redneck friends act but that doesnt give you the right to force it down his throat. If he doesnt want to be a part of it, let him look like a jackass.[/QUOTE]

I think that issue was kind of addressed in the last episode, when others in the house tried to convince Sam it just wasn't worth trying to force the issue with Zach, when she was talking about the rainbow flag and other things she intended to shove in his face, so to speak, on her half of the room. She feels if she doesn't make a deliberate stand with people like Zach, she's sort of passively allowing them to continue to talk about and treat gays disrespectfully. It's like she feels it's her duty to take a stand. Now, others may not agree with that--and personally, while I think it shows some courage on her part, she may have to learn to choose her battles just so as not to exhaust herself completely--but at least some explanation was offered by Sam that indicated she wasn't just being petty.

But then, I always end up feeling terribly sorry for people like Sam, who end up being the only somewhat likable or reasonable human being on their respective seasons. If it's exasperating for us to watch people like Zach or Frank, can you imagine what it's like to live with them? I give Sam credit for managing to get along with her cast mates for the most part--she even accepted Zach's apology for the "beat the gay out of you" remark more graciously than I would have. Somebody really should have pointed out that no one would expect, say, a Jewish house mate to excuse a comment about "beating the Jew out of you," because there's a long and sad history of Jews being attacked and killed by those who hate them. The same thing is true of homosexuals, as Sam pointed out when she said that the remark really bothered her because there are gays and lesbians who are beaten and sometimes even killed simply because they are gay. You'd think even Zach would have heard of Matthew Shepard--and if he hasn't, it's easy enough to access information about him on-line.

This season is actually painful to watch. Normally I don't care but this cast bothers me a lot. Clearly Frank has deep issues and alcohol is only one of them. Even during the after show he was puffing up in the green room wanting to go out and confront Zach about his treatment of him. Most people will be upset during the season but once they leave the house, they just check those roommates off their list of friends or contacts and move on. Frank just cannot let go....he has to have acceptance from everyone. In the real world, you just can't get that. I work with people who dislike me but it doesn't effect me because I don't try to deal with them outside of work. It's their choice.
    Yup, with donuts!!

FORT Regular

I agree Sam needs to choose her battles with Zach. Sometimes you just have to let people be ignorant because no matter what you say or do they don't change and sometimes you even push them further towards believing their dumb ideas are correct. One thing she never should tolerate though is to be spoken to like that...forget how horrible it is to say you are going to beat the gay out of someone......but....since when is it ok for a guy to threaten to beat up a girl?! Sam might be masculine but she is like 90 pounds soaking wet.

Zach needs to get real and I think perhaps the challenge would actually be a sobering experience for him if he went and realized that you better not be such a douchebag when everybody around you is big and strong too. His "what are they going to do...fight me" as if he is some superhuman being who can say what he wants just because he is strong needs to be tested at some point. If it had been me and some dude said that to me I would have had those paddles over the edge in a heartbeat and let the guy know I was not going to take that kind of BS.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    I think that issue was kind of addressed in the last episode, when others in the house tried to convince Sam it just wasn't worth trying to force the issue with Zach, when she was talking about the rainbow flag and other things she intended to shove in his face, so to speak, on her half of the room. She feels if she doesn't make a deliberate stand with people like Zach, she's sort of passively allowing them to continue to talk about and treat gays disrespectfully. It's like she feels it's her duty to take a stand. Now, others may not agree with that--and personally, while I think it shows some courage on her part, she may have to learn to choose her battles just so as not to exhaust herself completely--but at least some explanation was offered by Sam that indicated she wasn't just being petty.
    But he said he doesnt want to be a part of it. Why does that mean she can still force it upon him? There are just people in this world who are dumb as crap and there is no way to change them. Accept that and move on.
    That being said, I just love how people overreact to something someone says. The whole "Beat the gay" out of you was blown so out of proportion. It was said in a joking manner and then its turned into this gay rights thing. Calm down. Zack never had any intentions of actually hitting Sam nor did his comment reflect gays being beaten for their sexuality. The guy is just a dumb oaf. Say to him that its not cool to say something like that, why it offends you and go from there. There is no need to walk away and involve the rest of the house and turn it into this gay bashing fiasco. Zack has shown time and time again how dumb he is and how close minded he is.

Quote Originally Posted by buglover View Post
    This season is actually painful to watch. Normally I don't care but this cast bothers me a lot.
    Completely agree. This is easily one of the worst casts they have EVER had on this show, and I've seen all 26 seasons. The casting department for this season should be embarrassed.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Just can't stand Frank. He is just the most obnoxious waste of space I've ever seen. Thor...... "Ice cream hands girl".....grow up. Sam....everybody is not going to like what you do or support what you want to represent....get over it; stop giving people control over you by caring what they think. And "girl who likes Thor"....stop following behind him like a puppy dog....you will get no respect that way. Nate, stop with the excessive drinking. You are starting to look like Ted Kennedy, with the "gin blooms" (alcohol flush reaction). Your face tells your whole story.
    Last edited by prhoshay; 10-29-2011 at 12:18 PM.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

"ice cream girl' - ugg! and then she gets mad that he as a sip of wine before she gets there? And enough with the holding hands thing. And he seems like a dud too.

I really like Sam. Such confidence and really kind. I thought she took the whole 'beat the gay out of you comment' well. Oaf isn't such a jokester and since he is a homophobe and large - yeah, that's scary. I don't know why he fears the whole gay thing- if you are ok with your guns and cowboy lifestyle than what gives? Support your friends. Open your mind. And that ding-dong who does everything he does? Get a life.

Sam wants the oaf to accept who she is and that's what makes her upset. Her speech at the end of the episode made me teary.
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

FORT Regular

Zach and Ashley...could they be more boring? In a way its refreshing to see a couple real worlders reading in bed instead of drunkinly hooking up...but still.

And Nate really needs to stop drinking.

+ Reply to Thread