+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Real World: San Diego 2

FORT Regular

Re: Real World: San Diego 2

I am sure the rest of them DO think Ashley is being closed off...but honestly Thor is just as bad and nobody seems to mind that. The truth is they know its going on but they dont give a shit. Live and let live is a what most people would think...ok she does not want to get to know us that sucks but you can't force her. Frank thinks he can force everybody to do what he wants. Force people to be tolerant of his sexuality, ok...but force people to be ok with him flaunting his whorishness around the house? Now trying to force somebody to interact when they don't want to. And when he gets mad, like when he was driving and yelling at Nate..its downright scary. I am sort of glad that dude is gay because if he hits a guy at least a guy can fight back...if he were straight I would be worried about any girls he dated. He is straight up crazy. Its all about Frank all the time.

Watched the second episode last night. Why? That's a very good question. I would have been better off just giving up on this show.

I totally agree that Frank is being completely ridiculous with his need for everyone to interact with him. I actually thought his temper was getting better until he blew up in the car.

When most of the roommates jumped into the pool to do the "crab dance" it seemed like Ashley was lingering by the side of the pool. To me it looked like she wanted to jump in and have fun with them, but she didn't want to disagree with Thor. I sure think they would have had more fun in the pool than they did sitting outside the room waiting for a key. Also, when Priscilla was drinking too much at one point he leaned over to Ashley and told her "Don't ever do that". Yea, Priscilla was over the top but lately there are all these little things that make it look like Thor may be more controlling of Ashley than it seems. There was one more thing that caught my attention about those two, but now I have forgotten.

Nate is not my fav guy. But he had two redeeming moments for me in the second episode. First, he walked out of the room when Priscilla was drunk and climbing all over him - whew! And with the dolphin he was completely freaked out, but went ahead anyway and then said something about how it is impossible to swim with a dolphin without smiling. He gets props there for BOTH trying something he was worried about, and then admitting the experience changed his perspective!

ETA - One last thing. I completely agree that Sam is the most likable person on this show, but I could not believe she brought up gays in the military at dinner. There was just no way that conversation was going to go in a positive direction. And if she really wanted to have a productive conversation with Thor about it, she should have had it without Frank around because Frank is incapable of having a conversation like that with Thor without flipping out. My biggest annoyance with Thor's response wasn't that he was opposed to it, but rather that he couldn't formulate a reason beyond "Well my buddy is against it". On a side note: I had a similar conversation a while back with some people close to me. I knew they were opposed to gays in the military and just asked them to explain why because I was genuinely curious. One guy in this group had served in the Middle East. This was a rather long conversation, but it all boiled down to the fact that they genuinely believe that being gay is a choice and I do not.
    Last edited by ClosetRTWatcher; 12-09-2011 at 11:37 AM.

I agree with everyone -- this season is awful. I'm kind of shocked at the homophobia, originally with Nate and then Zach and Ashley. This generation has grown up with more gay acceptance than any in history, and certainly more than mine (I'm 55), but kids are still "creeped out" by gays? Unbelievable.

So glad this season is already over. This is my least favorite Real World season ever.

FORT Regular

Yeah I am glad these people will be off TV soon....what the hell Frank "If Nate screws this up for me he's Dead" lol wtf?! He wants everything to be about him all the time.

FORT Regular

Oh and I HATE how he always puts his mom down and she sounds like such a nice person. I bet she is glad he may be moving out. Can you imagine how horrible he is to her at home?

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I'd say it's HER fault if she's taught him to act like this by allowing him to do it all his life. You can't be a doormat unless you lay down. These people don't get this way by themselves....somewhere, along the line, they were shown that it is OK.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I am not all caught up with all the epi's but I have to ask WHY WHY WHY did Frank keep insisting this whole season that they HAD TO BE A FAMILY AND ACT LIKE A FAMILY? So what. Big deal. If everyone is not constantly together so be it.

While I do/did not especially care for Thor and Ashley, why did Frank talk about it all.of.the.time. Frank was the MOST annoying this season. Glad to see he is going to a therapist but I do not think its working. Ugh.

And Nate comes in 2nd as the most annoying followed by Thor.

WORST SEASON EVER.
    KAREN

FORT Fogey

Really, it's kind of surprising that more RW seasons don't end up with these kinds of distinct divisions. Putting seven strangers together in a house doesn't guarantee they're going to form strong bonds. It's kind of like living in a dorm. You're probably going to end up closer to some people than others, and there may indeed be people you don't like all that much.

That being said, I didn't watch much of this season, but I did see the last episode, and it seemed sort of appropriate that even the exits were more scattered--one leaving by train, two by plane, and two picked up at the house by car. All the goodbyes seemed kind of awkward too. This just wasn't a group that was going to bond easily, if at all, despite what Frank may have wanted. I think they could have lived together for six months and it wouldn't have mattered.

FORT Regular

The funny thing was even though Frank was obsessed with everybody getting along, he was the major dividing force in the house.

Ashley and Thor were too homophobic but they mostly got along with Sam. Nate got along with everybody but Frank. I mean they would have had their fights but they would have gotten along so much better without Frank there. He was just downright creepy and I would not have wanted to be around him either.

+ Reply to Thread