+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: The Challenge Rivals: The Jungle

FORT Fogey

Re: The Challenge Rivals: The Jungle

I think there's no question that Adam's a stronger competitor than Nehemiah. Evan and CT may be somewhat evenly matched, almost. Let's face it - no one's actually evenly matched with CT. Wes beat him in an elimination once - because CT disqualified himself.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by tears.and.rain View Post
    Evan and CT may be somewhat evenly matched, almost.
    I think CT would destroy Evan in anything they had to do. No disrespect to Evan, but I think he gets far in this games because he's the best manipulator.

Wes beat him in an elimination once - because CT disqualified himself.
    He did? When was that?

I know CT disqualified himself against Brad. Other than that, the only times I really remember CT getting sent home was because of fights.

FORT Fogey

Oh it might have been Brad. Actually I think you're right... on The Duel? With that log-pushing challenge?

I think CT and Evan might be close to a fair fight, but I think Wes is too small.

FORT Regular

Oh it might have been Brad. Actually I think you're right... on The Duel? With that log-pushing challenge?

I think CT and Evan might be close to a fair fight, but I think Wes is too small.
    Yeah, it was Brad.

CT flew off the handle when he was DQ'd, and Brad was all like "Don't me mad at me bro!"

Then Wes, who was watching, chimed in and called CT out for acting like a baby, and accused of him "fake dating" Diem to get to try to get to the finals.

FORT Fogey

Now I remember. And CT told Wes he'd have to put his ring for Johanna on layaway....

I'm really enjoying Jonna and Jazmine which surprises me cause they were one of the rivals I was least excited to see. Loved how they stood their ground and didn't buckle when all the vets wanted them to vote out Brandon/Ty. Also, I've never found Evelyn to be one of the prettiest girls on these challenges but WOW, she was looking really good last night, especially in her confessionals.

I think the best things about this challenge are

1) the fascination and fear that everyone has for CT

2) that people who always keep safe with alliances actually have to win missions or they go in (Seeing Kenny buckle under pressure and have his breakdown was hilarious....he sure talks a big game.

3. Love the pairs concept and how they have to work together. Both Battle of The Seasons and Rivals have shown that this format creates great drama!!

Really liking this challenge.

FORT Regular

I think Kenny is kinda getting exposed as a fraud in these challenges. Correct me if I'm wrong, but hasn't he always allianced his way to the finals? I mean, I don't really remember him going into many elimination matches. He should lose his ego after how pathetic he's performed. Might as well start calling him Shevonda.

Why do these people sign up with these fears of heights/water? Every season, there's challenges where you're elavated above water. And every year, people refuse to compete. Give me a break.

Loved seeing Laurel get shot down by CT. Laurel, not only are you ugly on the inside, but you're a 5 at best on the outside. Did you really think you could compete with that blonde chick? I think my favorite part of it was how depressed she looked at the bar. I'm sorry, but after how she's lashed out at people in the past, she deserves some misery.

Wes is hillarious. I know his ego turns people off, but when he starts going on about how much better he is at everyone in real life and in the games, it makes me laugh. And again, he backs it up in crunch time. The kid is a machine. One of the best competitors in Challenge history.

Adam is a dunce if he doesn't understand that the alliance is going to always try to set him and CT up for failure.

Ty needs to never come back on these challenges. Not only is he not an interesting person, but he's a weak competitor. He has zero heart.

FORT Fogey

ITA about the water and heights thing. If those two things really frighten you so much that you'd refuse to compete if they were involved, why are you there? I'd say the majority of most challenges involve one or the other if not both, and anyone who's seen even a couple of shows of any season would know that.

Speaking of which, while he's far from the most athletic guy out there, I have to give Mike a lot of credit for not giving up. Even before his accident last week, he admitted he wasn't crazy about heights or the water, but he completed that challenge, even though the fall he'd taken was enough to frighten some of the vets who had to follow him. He followed that up this week by going right back into a height/water challenge and completing it successfully, which Kenny and Wes couldn't do. At this point, he seems like a better competitor than Kenny, even if he's not the fastest, fittest guy out there. But perhaps that's partially because he and Leroy both trust each other and are actually friends as opposed to rivals.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter2231 View Post
    I think Kenny is kinda getting exposed as a fraud in these challenges. Correct me if I'm wrong, but hasn't he always allianced his way to the finals? I mean, I don't really remember him going into many elimination matches. He should lose his ego after how pathetic he's performed. Might as well start calling him Shevonda

Loved seeing Laurel get shot down by CT. Laurel, not only are you ugly on the inside, but you're a 5 at best on the outside. Did you really think you could compete with that blonde chick? I think my favorite part of it was how depressed she looked at the bar. I'm sorry, but after how she's lashed out at people in the past, she deserves some misery.

Wes is hillarious. I know his ego turns people off, but when he starts going on about how much better he is at everyone in real life and in the games, it makes me laugh. And again, he backs it up in crunch time. The kid is a machine. One of the best competitors in Challenge history.

Adam is a dunce if he doesn't understand that the alliance is going to always try to set him and CT up for failure.
    Boy oh boy do I ever agree with your observations. I initially thought Kenny was a strong competitor, but lately it seems like it has more to do with his strong alliance(s) than his abilities. I also laugh when Wes talks about how successful he is in "real life". You have to wonder if he was as successful as he claims why does he keep coming back to do these shows?

I was frontrum-ming when I was watching Laurel with CT. She is so delusional.

As for why do they sign up? I think that's simply because they have no other ways to be in the "spotlight" and want to get on tv any way they can.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    Speaking of which, while he's far from the most athletic guy out there, I have to give Mike a lot of credit for not giving up. Even before his accident last week, he admitted he wasn't crazy about heights or the water, but he completed that challenge, even though the fall he'd taken was enough to frighten some of the vets who had to follow him. He followed that up this week by going right back into a height/water challenge and completing it successfully, which Kenny and Wes couldn't do. At this point, he seems like a better competitor than Kenny, even if he's not the fastest, fittest guy out there. But perhaps that's partially because he and Leroy both trust each other and are actually friends as opposed to rivals.
    I love Mike and Leroy as a team. So far they've been a consistent team finishing tasks that others failed miserably. **coughkennycough**

Kenny has always completely skated by in these challenges because of his alliances and pre-existing friendships. The only reason he has so many wins under his belt is because he comes into pretty much every challenge with three to five of his best buddies. The only time Kenny didn't have all his pre-existing alliances/friendships to back him up was the second challenge he was on, The Duel, and if I remember correctly he was sent into the second or third duel and lost terribly. This challenge's format has really exposed what a phony he is. Kenny has a big mouth.....and not much else.

I hope with future challenges they keep the format where you have to perform and keep yourself out of the elimination rounds yourself and you can't just skate by on friendships, alliances, and sleeping with the right people.
    Last edited by Ace Medallion; 07-14-2011 at 05:24 PM.

+ Reply to Thread