+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: The Challenge Rivals: The Jungle

FORT Fogey

Re: The Challenge Rivals: The Jungle

Ugh Wes is doing that god-awful thing he does, where he starts fights and then as soon as anyone bites back he's the victim. I can't stand it and if I weren't rooting for CT I'd want him to clock Wes. Someone needs to.

The fact of the matter is, he has a thing for Mandi, and is jealous that CT is getting her attention.

I am really starting to dislike Jasmine. She is simply a hateful brat.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

FORT Regular

Interesting episode.

Is it me, or is Wes & CT getting all the face time. People like Evan, Neahmiah, Leeroy, ect have been almost invisible thus far.

--Adam is a punk. Why are you talking trash about your partner? Is he an abrassive A-hole? Yes. Is there bad history between the two? Yes. But he's also the most dominant player arguably in challenge history, and he could literally carry you to the finals. By talking trash about him behind his back, it could only cause problems. Wes, Kenny, Evan -- they're not going to NOT send you into the Jungle if they have a chance just because they like you. They want to get rid of CT because he scares them. So you need to quit being a girl, take a page from some old country western singer, and stand by your man.

-- Much respect for Mike for finishing his challenge after that fall & having Leeroy fall on you.

-- The two people I'm rooting for the most on this show is CT & Wes. I just love how they compete, and back up what they say.

I think it was ridiculously ballsy of Wes to do what he was doing. The kid has guts. He's the only person I've ever seen on these shows who isn't afraid of the big bad wolf. Throwing his mattress off the balcony? Years ago, that would've started a brawl without question. He's also not afraid to tell CT what his intentions are - to get rid of him, etc.

-- CT has proven that he's not the same person. Will he still get in your face and yell? Yeah, but again, to not get into a brawl on last nights show took incredible self control.

-- Does Wes actually think he'd have a shot at that blonde if CT wasn't around? While I love how he competes, theres no disputing the fact that he's ugly.

-- Unfortunately, I'm thinking next week is CT's last week. For those that saw, Evan was talking about the plan being to tank the next guy challenge and to go in against CT and Adam. ~Spoiler alert~ I've read somewhere that Evan makes it to the finals, so if they actually do that plan, then obviously Evan wins the challenge. Besides, if you watch all the highlights they've shown of CT for this season in all the previews, we've seen them all in the first three shows. I think next week is the end of the road, which will disappoint me a great deal./end ~Spoiler alert~

FORT Fogey

Mike deserves a load of credit for completing that challenge when he was coughing up blood. After he hit the water, I don't think he was crying so much as gasping and trying to communicate that he was injured, and it irritates me that the promos they showed for that episode made it appear as if he were crying when that wasn't the case (though having Leroy land on his chest after being dropped from that height...if he had been crying, it would have been understandable, especially if, as Leroy suggested, he might have accidentally kicked him in the balls on the way down as well). I can't believe he didn't end up injured, and if the plan to send E/N in against CT/A holds, at least he'll get an additional couple of weeks to heal before he has to worry about the possibility of going into the jungle again.

Credit where credit is due to CT/A too, for being the only ones who managed to make use of the zipline. I'm also amazed at how well Paula and Evelyn are managing to put aside their differences to work together. I do, however, shudder at the idea of a Paula/Mike hook-up.

I wish we'd seen more of Mike/Leroy last night. I'm sure they must have had a post-competition talk about what happened, and the two of them are actually friends, as opposed to the rest of the pairings.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    I'm also amazed at how well Paula and Evelyn are managing to put aside their differences to work together.
    I think, for the most part, none of these guys/gals are really "rivals."

I mean, I know Adam and CT have a history, as do Kenny & Wes, but for the most part... some of these teams were labled rivals and paired because of one spat that occured months or years ago. I'm sure the vast majority all get along well in real life.

In other words, I really don't think they bring the baggage from these shows home with them.

FORT Fogey

In Evelyn and Paula's case, it's actually been a pretty consistent hatred/rivalry.

If Wes wanted to get in CT's face and get under his skin, okay, it's all part of the game. But what, to me, is despicable and cowardly is that he immediately starts spinning himself as the victim of CT. Just like he does with everyone else. If you're gonna be an a-hole, fine, but at least own up to it.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by tears.and.rain View Post
    If Wes wanted to get in CT's face and get under his skin, okay, it's all part of the game. But what, to me, is despicable and cowardly is that he immediately starts spinning himself as the victim of CT. Just like he does with everyone else. If you're gonna be an a-hole, fine, but at least own up to it.
    I agree with that.

I think CT flew off the handle when all Wes was doign was being honest in saying he was going to try to get him off the game. Not sure what Wes was thinking in asking if he intimidated CT.

Wes was egging the fight on the whole time - throwing the mattress, etc, and then played the victim the next day.

FORT Fogey

Mmm yes Wes was being honest, but on the other hand, he didn't have to make it personal. But if that's how he wants to play the game, fine. I just wish he would own it. Kenny/Evan/Johnny don't try to make it seem like they're the victims of anything, or that they aren't playing personal or they don't have alliances. They own up to their scuzziness. Wes doesn't.

Did any of these guys think of the possibility that CT/A will win another challenge? The fact that Evan is willing to throw it in order to go directly into the jungle...um, ok but how can they guarantee that CT/A won't win again? Seems like a stupid plan for sure.
    Yup, with donuts!!

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by buglover View Post
    Did any of these guys think of the possibility that CT/A will win another challenge? The fact that Evan is willing to throw it in order to go directly into the jungle...um, ok but how can they guarantee that CT/A won't win again? Seems like a stupid plan for sure.
    Well, I guess they feel confident that if CT/A win the challenge, and E/N have already thrown the challenge, then they'll all vote Mike and Leeroy into the Jungle.

At that point, unless they're having to solve quadratic equations, they can beat Mike & Leeroy at anything.

What I don't understand is why would Evan want to volunteer himself for that duty. Of the guys on that alliance, Kenny & Wes are far and away the strongest team. And Wes is probably the only person who would come close to matching up with CT in terms of strength, confidence, determination.

Didn't Evan turn into a sacrificial lamb against CT the last time he volunteered to go against him a few years ago?

Now, I understand they'll probably assume that if it's a physical challenge, they can go after Adam - the weak link. But truth be told, I don't think Neahmiah (sp?) is that much bigger, or that much stronger a competitor than Adam. Adam is small, but he's very fast, smart, and cut.

I don't see Evans angle in this at all. It's at best a 50% chance of working in your favor. Why take that risk this early in the game?
    Last edited by Hunter2231; 07-08-2011 at 09:43 AM.

+ Reply to Thread