Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: The Challenge Rivals: The Jungle

Re: The Challenge Rivals: The Jungle

What's up with Jonna and Jasmin?
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

FORT Fogey

This just occurred to me: since Adam and Leroy won the $2000 for being the winning male team at the first challenge, and then Adam was kicked off shortly thereafter for getting into a fight, does he get to keep his $1000 or does he forfeit it for getting kicked off the show? Anyone know the rules for that? Frankly, I'd just as soon Leroy got the whole $2000 himself, because Adam is such a jerk, but I don't know how it works.

If they did have a rule that you forfeited all your cash for punching another contestant, I wonder if that would make people think twice about getting into a fight. Of course, since a lot of the people who get into fights are roaring drunk when the fights happen, perhaps they wouldn't be able to think once, let alone twice.

FORT Fogey

So glad to see T.J. healthy!!

So far I really like the format of this show. I am glad that finally, the worst team from each challenge automatically goes into the Jungle.

CT looks better. If you look at his eyes they look calmer, more focused, and less crazy. I sure hope he proves me right.

I think Paula and Evelyn are in good shape, actually. Evelyn is obviously a fierce competitor, and Paula really wants to win.

I'd already like to smack Laurel. Poor CaraMaria.

ETA: It really bothered me that Aneesa blamed their loss on Robin, when she was clearly the one struggling.

Quote Originally Posted by tears.and.rain View Post
    So glad to see T.J. healthy!!

So far I really like the format of this show. I am glad that finally, the worst team from each challenge automatically goes into the Jungle.

CT looks better. If you look at his eyes they look calmer, more focused, and less crazy. I sure hope he proves me right.

I think Paula and Evelyn are in good shape, actually. Evelyn is obviously a fierce competitor, and Paula really wants to win.

I'd already like to smack Laurel. Poor CaraMaria.

ETA: It really bothered me that Aneesa blamed their loss on Robin, when she was clearly the one struggling.
    Surprisingly Paula has seemed in very good shape the last several challenges and it has been commented what a strong runner she is. Paula's problem is her mental game, she gets totally paranoid and sinks her own ship. Hopefully with Evelyn as her partner and as someone she has to rely on and as the only person she knows for sure has her back in this game, maybe Paula can finally settle down and not go psycho. If so she has a very good chance of finally winning a challenge.

As for Aneesa, I think her biggest strength has always been her self confidence and attitude. She may be strong at elimination challenges but she is not in good cardio shape and that is one reason that when she does make it to a finale she has never won.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

FORT Fogey

You're right about Paula's mental game. At first she was too trusting, now she's too paranoid. She's gotta learn to walk the line, find a balance. And she's got to stay true to her allies and their plans.

FORT Regular

Who's the chick that was saying "If you're not willing to bleed for some money, what the **** are you here?"

I've never seen her before. She's easily the ugliest person I've ever seen on these challenges. She looks like a witch, and her eye balls are too close together.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter2231 View Post
    Who's the chick that was saying "If you're not willing to bleed for some money, what the **** are you here?"

I've never seen her before. She's easily the ugliest person I've ever seen on these challenges. She looks like a witch, and her eye balls are too close together.
    That's Katelynn from RW Brooklyn (same season as Sarah) and this is her second challenge. Her first challenge was Fresh Meat 2, where she and Sarah had their falling out, making them rivals on this
    Last edited by Aaron2005; 06-28-2011 at 07:13 PM.

FORT Fanatic

Oh and Katelynn is transgendered. She's the first transgendered person to ever appear on the Real World

I actually really enjoyed the premiere and I love that they've gone back to the pairs of two setup that they haven't done since Battle of The Seasons. SO glad that they got CT and Adam as they are one of the biggest rivalries but I can't help but notice the absence of all the old school rivalries that made the challenges pure gold (Examples-Trishelle and Coral, Coral and Julie, Tonya and Veronica, Veronica and Katie, Abram and either of the two guys he beat up). All I can guess is that none of the older challengers were willing to come back which is why we are stuck with some duds like Ty/Brandon, Theresa/Camilla, and Sarah/Katelynn. BUT as I said overall I really liked the premiere, definitely much more than Fresh meat 2 and Cutthroat.

Oh and I wasn't a big fan of RW: Back To Las Vegas but if we had to be stuck with two cast members from that season...Mike and Leroy were definitely my favorites and the ones I would have most liked to see. Along with CT/Adam I hope they go far.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron2005 View Post
    Oh and Katelynn is transgendered. She's the first transgendered person to ever appear on the Real World
    Thanks Aaron. That explains why I'm not familiar with her. I don't watch the Real World shows. And the Battle of the Sexes 2 was the only RW/RR Challege I've missed in years.

The whole being transgendered - might be an ignorant question - but wouldn't being part man give her an advantage over the other women? You know, aside from Laurel, as she's also a dude.

+ Reply to Thread