+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: The Challenge Rivals: The Jungle

Re: The Challenge Rivals: The Jungle

Wow, I just checked the online TV Guide and realized the premiere is on tonight at 10pm ET. Why did I think it was on Thursday???
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

saw a bit of it tonight. The men's challenge winners were Adam R and Leroy from Vegas? Does Adam have an anger problem? cause he hit Ty from DC Real World, knocked down Mandi and was kicked off the show.

I don't think they are staying in Costa Rica, looks like they are isolating them 3,000 miles away on top a mountain. (in preview of next week's show)

Ty wants to piss all the guys off so they will hit him and get kicked off the show? That's his strategy. He is also abusive to the girls? Personally we are looking at an abusive boyfriend, husband and father. This guy is a total d**k.

Agreed. I can't stand Ty. Can't stand Adam either. Glad his being sent home didn't cost Leroy a chance in the challenge, though I don't know how Mike will do. Was afraid that if they let Leroy stay they would give him Dustin as a partner. Can't call Mike and Leroy rivals. Some of the others may have a problem with their friendship.

I did love that the rookies won both the female and male challenges. Wished that Ev and Paula had gone home instead of Aneesa and Robin, though.
    "Worrying does not take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace".

-Unknown Author-

They should be calling the show Rivals and One Bromance . I'm glad Adam's gone, but I wish Ty could have gotten the boot with him.

FORT Regular

Glad this is on television. And I'm especially glad CT is on. He's far and away my favorite competitor on these shows. Wes would be 2nd, but I can't stand Kenny.

I'm happy Robin and Annessa (sp?) got the boot. Robin is too emotional, and I'll reserve comment on Annessa.

Adam R is a punk. He threw everything he had into that punch on Ty, including a running start, and it had virtually no affect. You're a kitten in a lions den, Adam. Thanks for leaving.

That said, sticking his partner (name escapes me) with Mike is a waste. Mike has no business being on this show. He's not an alpha male. Heck, he's not even a beta male. If there's a such thing as a zulu male, Mike is it.

Good first show. Looking forward to catching every episode. I'm a mid-thirties straight male, but these challenges have long been my guilty pleasure.

Adam should never have been allowed to come on the show. I realize CT has done much worse in his time, however he doesn't have anything to prove the way Adam clearly thinks he does. Everyone knows CT will pound your a** so they try not to provoke him. Adam felt he had to prove what a bad a** he was and buh-bye!

Mike said he didn't want to be on the show and I believe him. I cannot see how he can possibly bring anything to the team strength and courage wise. He's a nice guy, but nice guys don't always win cutthroat challenges!
    Yup, with donuts!!

Its kind of scary to see how some of the older player of turned into fat puffed up wasted space.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by buglover View Post
    Adam should never have been allowed to come on the show. I realize CT has done much worse in his time, however he doesn't have anything to prove the way Adam clearly thinks he does. Everyone knows CT will pound your a** so they try not to provoke him. Adam felt he had to prove what a bad a** he was and buh-bye!

Mike said he didn't want to be on the show and I believe him. I cannot see how he can possibly bring anything to the team strength and courage wise. He's a nice guy, but nice guys don't always win cutthroat challenges!

Realistically, if they wanted same gender teams, Leroy wasn't going to get an effective partner no matter whom they chose. As Adam proved, he's too much of a loose cannon. Dustin is a drama magnet. Mike may not be athletic, but at least he'd be easier for Leroy to get along with than the other two. As a newbie, Leroy was going to have a really hard time getting anywhere in the game anyway, so he might as well be with someone who doesn't make as much trouble.

Leroy did mention that Mike was smart. I wish they'd occasionally have a challenge where that mattered, beyond some kind of spatially-related puzzle. By making all the challenges so physical, they automatically throw the game toward the same contestants over and over again. I'd even like to see some challenges where part of the challenge was more mental and part was more physical, the way the final challenge often is.

FORT Regular

I agree Tilden.

When I watch these shows, I'm always thinking to myself how they'd be so much more exciting if I could just watch these guys do Sudoku.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007 View Post
    Its kind of scary to see how some of the older player of turned into fat puffed up wasted space.
    Hey, all that beer is finally making its presence known.

+ Reply to Thread