+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: The Challenge Rivals: The Jungle

FORT Fogey

Re: The Challenge Rivals: The Jungle

Quote Originally Posted by buglover View Post
    I think Leroy and Mike are the best people on the planet! I love how much they care about each other. Those guys are just good men, no matter what.

Leroy and Mike may not have won the big money, but they covered themselves in glory anyway. Even the host said that while he usually criticizes someone for quitting, he knew Mike had heart (he proved that in that water challenge when he got hurt and kept going) and that at this point, it might actually be physically dangerous for Mike to continue. Mike and Leroy could have their own MTV show, maybe something like a non-competitve Amazing Race: Mike and Leroy See the World.

Meanwhile, Kenny and Wes looked terrible. I don't like either of them, but honestly, Kenny threw a stinking fit about winning $50,000, which is a yearly salary for some people. He also acted as if Wes didn't even try--wasn't Wes ill and injured? And didn't Wes carry Kenny through a couple of challenges too? I hope neither of them are invited back. In fact, I really think they could give people a season off between winning big money and coming back no matter who they are. Stop encouraging people to think of the Challenges as some kind of career alternative.

And yeah, now that Paula's finally won, perhaps she could retire as well. Gotta give her some credit for getting through the whole thing though, even if she may only have been able to do that because of Evelyn.

Quote Originally Posted by redsox girl View Post
    God, I hope their win now means paula has enough money to retire from these events and finally move to a rest home. How old is she? She jus tlooks so worn down or weathered or something. I know that's kind of a mean remark, but there comkes apoint when it's time to leave the show. Wes, kenny and paula need to go. Take Johhny with them, too.
    I noticed that too. I guess she is one of those persons who really reacts badly in a stressful situation unlike Evelyn and Laurel who just love the physical challenges. Since life is basically a series of stressful events and judging by the way Paula reacts I guess she will look 60 by the time she is 35. And yes that was a bit of a mean remark (my own not yours) but highly accurate in my opinion.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I thought it was a fairly predictable ending. As soon as Wes starting faltering I knew there was no way they were going to win. I was just sad that Mike and Leroy didn't make it all the way! They were awesome this season.

Wes was so good in Fresh Meat I and what happened since then? He fell apart in the Gulag finale and during the Rivals finale, in both cases dehydration problems. What does that tell you, don't drink anything but water the two or three days before the finale cause it sure seems that your body is no longer processing alcohol like it used to.

FORT Fogey

Actually, in the case of the Gulag, he straight-up quit.

Can we please not have Johnny or Paula on any more challenges now that they won? Pretty please??

I'm really surprised at how much I ended up liking Evelyn during this challenge. Was never a fan of hers but really grew to like her over this challenge. Was also rooting for Mike and Leroy and even though they were CRAZY dramatic I did like the Cancun rookie girls that created all the drama. Really, really wish CT had made it to the finals but hope since he didn't he will be on the next challenge! Which reminds me, bringing CT back was great and I really hope MTV goes back to earlier seasons and bring back some of the old school favorites for the next challenge. I'd love to see Coral or Trishelle or Veronica or hell, and I NEVER thought I'd say this but I'd even love to see Beth back! I think CT's return and all the drama it brought should show MTV that they can bring back old school vets and it will still create drama.

i can't believe no one has commented on how disgusting and wasteful that last supper challenge was.

i watched the reunion last night and while my opinion of jenn was already low, it's not below the gutter! what a beeyotch.

i hate to say it but ct is growing on me.

johnny is just plain annoying.

Jenn has sunk even lower in my opinion of her too. The girl drama, whatever, but the the way she treated Adam showed just how nasty she is.

The guys amused me though. Because of how ridiculous they are in their comments. Jonny also seemed to be even more annoying last night that I remember in a long time.

I will comment on the supper part of the last challenge. It was totally disgusting. My husband commmented that Leroy looked like he was just putting huge chunks of food in his mouth and pretending to throw them up. Thankfully I had my eyes averted for most of it.
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

Saw the reunion. Wow, Jenn...had no real opinion of her before but after watching her blow up at Adam for agreeing with her, my opinion of her took a major nose dive. Is she on meds?

+ Reply to Thread