+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415161718 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: The Challenge Rivals: The Jungle

Re: The Challenge Rivals: The Jungle

Seems like CT and Adam have had conflict for years. I never watched Paris but those clips where CT was constantly trying to hit Adam gave me an idea of why he doesn't feel comfortable being friends with him.

Oh, I love how Wes/Kenny got into their canoe backwards!! I don't know why we seem to be going in circles!
    Yup, with donuts!!

FORT Fogey

I do think CT, while far from perfect, has made some strides in maturity. He showed that last night by not being at all abusive towards Adam when they lost, no matter how disappointed he was. He was clearly upset--but upset in a reasonably contained way--and he made it clear that he did not blame Adam for what happened. Nor did he go after any of the mob. Considering the way he's been in past challenges, that's a huge improvement. On the other hand, I was kind of surprised that he just didn't physically pick Adam up and carry him to that finish line when Adam appeared to be unable to move his legs enough to get up that hill.

And yeah, I thought it was hysterical when W/K couldn't figure out why they were going in circles, and then they pointed out where the front of the canoe was on the screen. Notice that it didn't take M/L that long to figure out what to do, and they were at a loss when they first got into the canoe too. Oh, yeah, and Mike lasted longer underwater than Leroy did. Mike is in nowhere near the physical condition of some of these other guys--which he cheerfully admits--but I think he was really underestimated because of that. After he suffered that fall into the water that eventually sent him to the hospital and still finished the swim--and beat two other people who were swimming at the time--you'd think he should have gotten a little more respect, but he didn't. And I have no idea why they didn't show a little more respect toward Leroy who's in very good shape and has a job that requires some physical strength.

At this point, I'd rather see Mike, Leroy, and even CT on another challenge before Wes, Kenny, or Johnny, all of whom have, IMO, overstayed their collective welcome.

FORT Fogey

CT tried to pick Adam up and carry him but I think he was cautious of getting accused of manhandling him. He seems to be well aware of the different standard that there is for him - he even said that every time he raises his voice everyone panics.

I would like to never see Wes and Johnny on a challenge again. Kenny and Evan I don't mind, but I think Wes and Johnny are the scum of the earth.

FORT Regular

What is up with Jenn? She likes Adam or does she not? What I don't get is she says she loves Adam but she wants Johnny and Tyler to come back from the Jungle because they are in her alliance...but after this Jungle there are no more votes and no more need for alliance...its just the final...so her excuse seems like BS to me...Adam is not going to enjoy watching this show back.

I noticed one thing about CT, he doesn't drink nearly as much as he did in the previous years. I think he's finally growing up. I'm curious to know if he and Laurel ever hooked up after the challenge or if it was just good fun during the challenge.
    Yup, with donuts!!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by buglover View Post
    I noticed one thing about CT, he doesn't drink nearly as much as he did in the previous years. I think he's finally growing up. I'm curious to know if he and Laurel ever hooked up after the challenge or if it was just good fun during the challenge.

I don't think he looks nearly as massively huge as he once did either. He's still obviously very strong, but he doesn't have that weird steroid-enhanced look (not that I have any idea if he was on steroids or not; it's just the only way I can think of to describe the way he used to look). But yeah, he wasn't nearly as trashed as some of them still get. I suspect something has happened along the way to get him started growing up. He still has a ways to go, but he's improved.

I think Kevin, Wes, Evan, and Johnny have just all been on too many of these challenges, and I'm tired of knowing what the alliances are before the games even start. For that reason alone, they should all just move on. A lot of the people who were on their original seasons already have. Don't they have jobs or other responsibilities that they need to attend to at this point?

FORT Fogey

CTs brother was killed in a bar fight just before the Duel II. As I recall, his brother wasn't involved in the fight but was stabbed anyway. I don't remember details, but I do remember it was very tragic. I think that may have been a turning point for him, or working through it.

I think that I've heard that Evan has invested the money he won wisely - he's not stupid, I think he went to Cornell or something.

Quote Originally Posted by tears.and.rain View Post
    I think that I've heard that Evan has invested the money he won wisely - he's not stupid, I think he went to Cornell or something.
    He must have also invested in a good bunch of food. I mean, he looked a lot heavier and wider in this challenge, like he was pregnant or something. But who would be the baby daddy, Johnny or Kenny?

FORT Fogey

CT is immature in a lot of ways, but not all like he used to be. I think that last episode with Adam and how much he injured him finally woke him up. That along with the loss of his brother woke him up. He still treats women like garbage, and that needs to be focused on.

Wes, Evan, Johnny, Jenn, and Paula all have gotten way redundant for me. I know that the drinking, hooking up, and partying appeals to a lot of people, but most of these casts are in their thirties and a lot of the fans are as well. I would like to see them reach out to some of the older casts, and make a new format show that would include angles to catch older vets attention to be on the show. Plus stop repeating the same casts over and over.

As for Jenn and Adam, I think she likes him a lot, but it is that situation where she is more concerned about others approving and trying to look cool to everyone. If she really has feelings, she better wake up because he seems like a great guy, and she is foolish to let others opinions come first. I think Adam is too good for her.

I agree, Adam is way too good for Jen. Adam is husband material. He would put a wife or g/f's needs before his any time. Jen is too immature for him and worried about what others will think too much.
    Yup, with donuts!!

+ Reply to Thread