+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: The Challenge Rivals: The Jungle

Re: The Challenge Rivals: The Jungle

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007 View Post
    These people are headed for faux celebrity rehab. I really can't stand Laurel. Sure Paula should not have been egging wes on. Laurel the large amazon though decides she is going to do the thing she is mad at Wes & Paula about to Paula.smh The fact that not only was her little tirade way to long it was weak and nonsensical to boot. Oh How I wish we could have former Real worlder, Tami. Now on Basketball wives on for just one episode. If Laurel had got all up in her face like she did Paula,Big foot would have been laid out,lol. Laurel is a pretender she is no Alpha female she is just in house with a bunch of lame females. A house full of scared girls with no idea on how to handle and dispatch a low grade bully. I would have had Laurel for lunch and been looking for an afternoon snack. lol
    I'll agree with you in that I don't like Laurel, at all. Hate! But the whole hatred and bullying of Cara Maria for no actual reason was beyond ridiculous and everybody involved in it was just being a lowlife. Then again, most people there are lowlifes anyway, such few of them have any redeeming qualities. Just the Douche Trio alone deserve every bad thing that ever happens to them in life for being the closest thing to evil a person can be without actually breaking the law. I'm just glad that Mike and Leroy are in this challenge, because both of them are amongst the most level-headed, likeable people ever in Challenge history.

But I was amazed in that, for once and probably only time, I liked Laurel. I really liked how she, the person who invented "Bullying Cara Maria", decided that enough was enough and stood up for her. I hate Paula too, and she deserved every single bit of what she got from Laurel. Yes, even the anorexia thing, especially the anorexia thing. I had absolutely zero sympathy for her, not after what she did. She can dish out the hate and trash-talk, but she most definitely can't handle it. When you bully someone, you deserve to get hurt.
    scoot13 likes this.

I have always like Wes, but pouring a 2 liter bottle of soda on Cara Maria was mean and then laughing about it and then telling her everyone hates her was just being a bully and unnecessary. Wes just lost a fan. Paula, you joined in and were hateful and mean and go Laurel for slapping you down. You did not deserve an apology for basically approving a hate crime against Cara Maria. Then seeing Johnny Bananas throw a bottle of water at Laurel just cemented my opinion on him that he is a POS.
    mustang03gt and scoot13 like this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Luv that Leroy and Michael won. Luv that Kenny and Johnny had to go at it. Really Tyler, even if Paula had managed to convince Evelyn to vote for Kenny and Wes would it have made a difference? i don't like that we didn't see the men's Jungle but I truly hope Johnny does not make it.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Luv that Leroy and Michael won. Luv that Kenny and Johnny had to go at it. Really Tyler, even if Paula had managed to convince Evelyn to vote for Kenny and Wes would it have made a difference? i don't like that we didn't see the men's Jungle but I truly hope Johnny does not make it.
    I think it's especially sweet that the mob basically felt they could get Leroy and Michael out at any time, so it didn't matter if they let them stick around--and then Leroy smoked everybody on climbing up that rope and they ended up having to send one of their own into the final jungle. Not to mention that they also threw Evan/Nehemiah in earlier in an attempt to get rid of C.T./Adam and that didn't work either. Master strategists they aren't. I really hope C.T./Adam take out Johnny/Tyler (sorry, Tyler) and only one of the mob makes it to the final--and then Kenny/Wes don't win. I'd prefer Leroy/Michael won just because it would be so unexpected, but I could even live with C.T./Adam winning. I just want the reign of the mob in challenges to be over, particularly since some of them have proven themselves to be past their prime (Evan) or getting by on the efforts of others (Kenny). They talk big, but they're really not that much better than anyone else at the challenges.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    I think it's especially sweet that the mob basically felt they could get Leroy and Michael out at any time, so it didn't matter if they let them stick around--and then Leroy smoked everybody on climbing up that rope and they ended up having to send one of their own into the final jungle. Not to mention that they also threw Evan/Nehemiah in earlier in an attempt to get rid of C.T./Adam and that didn't work either. Master strategists they aren't. I really hope C.T./Adam take out Johnny/Tyler (sorry, Tyler) and only one of the mob makes it to the final--and then Kenny/Wes don't win. I'd prefer Leroy/Michael won just because it would be so unexpected, but I could even live with C.T./Adam winning. I just want the reign of the mob in challenges to be over, particularly since some of them have proven themselves to be past their prime (Evan) or getting by on the efforts of others (Kenny). They talk big, but they're really not that much better than anyone else at the challenges.
    Mob mentality is right.

I think if you lose a challenge more than 2x you shouldn't be asked to come back. Give the other people a chance to make the show. This is like Big Brother, Real World. Road Rules and Survivor all in one. Some new people need to come in and spice it up a bit.
    scoot13 likes this.
    Yup, with donuts!!

FORT Fogey

I wonder if some of the problem with casting the same people over and over also has to do with who they can get to do these challenges. A lot of the people they might want may simply have no wish to continue to appear on MTV (or anywhere else), because they've moved on--they have jobs or new marriages or families that simply don't match up well with doing challenges. Or they aren't particularly interested in being part of the drunken frat boy atmosphere anymore, because they're past that personally. I know there's money involved, but they may also be thinking (the ones who are thinking) if being on MTV perpetually is good for their reputation long term, depending on what they wish to do career-wise.

I agree, though, that after two or three challenges, people just shouldn't be asked back anymore. By perpetually getting the mob back on screen, they've diminished the interest in the challenges, except in terms of seeing if anyone can derail the mob. Put in new people where everyone doesn't already know going in what the alliances are.

FORT Regular

Click to see Spoiler:
    I hate the be the bearer of bad news, but Johnny and Tyler defeat CT and Adam this coming Wednesday.

Johnny and Tyler also go on to win the final mission.

Paula and Evelyn win for the girls.

There has to be a way to contact the producers of the show and ask that they break up JEK. There is absolutely nothing interesting about watching Johnny and Kenny alliance their way to the finals every season.

In fact, if they just up and did away with Johnny altogether, I'd be very happy.

CT needs to learn how to politic himself. He'll go into every challenge with a target on his back, and he'll never win that way. All it takes is one bad day (like on last Wednesday) and it's all over for him.
    Last edited by canuckinchile; 08-15-2011 at 01:02 PM.

FORT Fogey

Johnny brings nothing to the table. Evan and Kenny at least have some personality. What we see of Johnny is just nasty, awful, and mean. Evan and Kenny play the game just like everyone else, that's fine with me. It works for them, good for them.

I think if CT comes back to another challenge, he'll be able to form some alliances. I think that this time, he had to prove that he could make it through a challenge without getting kicked off. I wouldn't have been in an alliance with him on this challenge, because he's too much of a risk. Now, knowing he's less crazy, I would want him on my team for sure.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by tears.and.rain View Post
    I think if CT comes back to another challenge, he'll be able to form some alliances. I think that this time, he had to prove that he could make it through a challenge without getting kicked off. I wouldn't have been in an alliance with him on this challenge, because he's too much of a risk. Now, knowing he's less crazy, I would want him on my team for sure.
    I don't think he'll ever take the time to try and form an alliance. It boggles my mind how everyone just rolls over and lets JEK control the game. Even the new fish and the outsiders... put your heads together and you'll have JEK outnumbered.

But no... they all just roll over and then complain when they get thrown into an elimination.

There was a season a while ago where the players acted individually (if I recall) and when they were voted into the elimination round, they got to choose who they went in against.

I'd love it if CT was in on one of those, and every week he picked Johnny, Wes, Evan, Kenny, etc and just ran through them like a buzz saw.

Seeing some of those guys leave in the early weeks would be priceless.
    scoot13 likes this.

+ Reply to Thread