+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 14 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: I Used To Be Fat

I Used To Be Fat

Produced by the same production company that produces Biggest Loser, this show premiered on December 29, 2010 at 10 pm. The premise is that these "fat" high school kids lose weight the summer before they go to college hopefully with new bodies and self esteem. These episodes show the kids at home with their families and how hard it is to lose weight at home. The premiere episode is about Gabrielle a 5'7" 253lb Homecoming Queen and her sabotaging mom. However they edited Gabrielle's mom she comes across as one mean bitch and totally non supportive to her child who is trying to transform herself in 111 days.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

FORT Fogey

Re: I Used To Be Fat

I watched the beginning of the first episode and it was actually very good. The mom was not very supportive, which I found odd, but Gabriella was clearly a great girl.

Gabrielle was on a program to change her life in 111 days, which is basically 3 and half months. I found it unbelievable of the mom that she could not support her daughter for that length of time when it could result in just a drastic change in her child's life. Mom's a major control freak.

2nd episode on tonight, January 5, 2011, at 10pm ET on MTV.

FORT Fogey

I saw the first half or so of tonight's episode (1/6), and I couldn't believe it was possible for anyone to cry as much about so little as Marcy managed to do. I assume, from the commercial I saw, that she actually ended up succeeding, but honestly...what would she do if she had something really tragic happen in her life?

I also found it really hard to believe that Marcy's mother would cater to her as much as she did. At some point, that child could not have been eating fast food, so when did it start? And why did she allow it to continue--much less drive her around town to the fast food restaurants of her choice for every meal? There's no way my parents would have stood for that. It's not that we never ate out or never had fast food, but it was an occasional thing--maybe once a month, if that often, and as we got older, we kids might go out for pizza with friends or whatever, but we still ate the majority of our meals at home and certainly not alone in our rooms. Of course, perhaps the fact that I grew up in a small town that didn't have that many fast food choices had something to do with it too.

Geez,, people thought I was a picky eater as a kid, but there's no way I would have gotten by with demanding fast food for every meal or crying and whining to get my way (especially not at Marcy's age--if she's old enough to go to college, she's old enough to stop having public temper tantrums).

I think it is very obvious that in some areas Marci is one spoiled brat It is partially her parents fault as they were divorcing and wanted to ease their daughter's pain over the breakup of her family but I think Marci is a very smart girl and learned to manipulate her parents at a very young age. I did like that Marci's mom acknowledged she was part of the problem and that she was able to form a partnership with Justin to help support Marci. Watching the first half of this episode is painful because I am watching an 18 yr old baby. I think one of the sadly funnier scenes is watching Marci shop at the boutique after she has lost 50lbs and only trying on small sizes. Newsflash 200lbs does not equate to size small, you just went from XXXL to XL not S. Reality check. Still I do think that this entire process was had a maturing effect on Marci. Yes, she is great at school work but the rest of her life sucks and she wanted a major lifestyle change in 89 days and that is painful and boy did we see the tears.

I also watched a video on ABC.com about the show and Marci and she has kept the weight off and I like how she said it is not a magic bullet, it is a lifestyle change, eating right and exercising.

Episode 2, Marci, January 5, 2011.

Marci, 18, no height given, 250.2lbs

She is home schooled because when she was in 6th grade kids started calling her fat, whale etc.... she does not eat with the family. She makes her mom go to a fast food restuarent and brings the food home and eats in alone in her bedroom. While Marci is a 4.0 student she only has one friend, who lives out of town. She wants to be able to go out on Friday and Saturday night and buy regular clothes. She wants to change her life before she goes away to college. Well she has a goal weight of 160 and only 89 days to achieve it. 89 days translates to 12.71 weeks or just over 3 months. Or as Justin her trainer said, she has to lose 7lbs a week or 1lbs a day.

Weight loss:

Countdown from day 89 to 0

Day 89 - 250.2 start weight
    Day 84 - 248.6 - someone is not following her diet
    Day 70 - losing cry baby attitude, mom on board to help
    Day 64 - 222.6
    Day 42 - 199 - yeah, under 200, lets shop, oh no still can't fit in a size small
    Day 28 - 189.6
    Day 15 - 172.0
    Day 0 - 160.4

Mullet/Summer Enthusiast AshleyPSU's Avatar

I caught Marci's episode today. I had to mute it. I couldn't stand her whining and crying.
    Wake up and be awesome

Quote Originally Posted by AshleyPSU;4141676;
    I caught Marci's episode today. I had to mute it. I couldn't stand her whining and crying.
    Oh come on it's not much worse than the constant whine fest over on Biggest Loser. Still the second half of the episode was much better because Marci was not crying.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 14 1234567891011 ... LastLast