Thread: I Used To Be Fat

Re: I Used To Be Fat

Stats:

Ht: 6 1

Start wt: 269.8

Goal wt: 209

Time: 80 days

1st wt in Day 67 - 254.6 - 15.2 lbs lost in 2 weeks

2nd wt in Day 60 254.6 0 lbs lost in 1 week (15.2 + 0 = 15.2)

3rd wt in Day 51 247.6 7 lbs lost in 1 week (15.2 + 0 + 7 = 22.2)

4th wt in Day 0 211.2 36.4 lbs lost in 7 weeks (15.2 + 0 + 7 + 36.4 = 58.6 lbs)

2 wks later - 9 lbs lost in 2 weeks (15.2 + 0 + 7 + 36.4 + 9 = 67.6 lbs)

Average wt lost in:

80 days = 11.4 weeks

58.6 / 11.4 = 5.14 lbs lost per week

Average wt lost in:

94 days = 13.4 weeks

67.6 / 13.4 = 5.04 lbs lost per week
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Article about Paul in local paper.

http://www.heraldnews.com/news/x8907...Used-to-Be-Fat

Fall River teen to be profiled on MTV's 'I Used to Be Fat'

By Derek Vital
    Herald News Staff Reporter
    Posted Dec 10, 2011 @ 09:25 PM
    Print Comment
    FALL RIVER —

Tired of leading a sedentary lifestyle, Paul McCarthy felt it was time for a change.

Earlier this year, the 18-year-old B.M.C. Durfee High graduate applied to be on the MTV reality show “I Used to be Fat." Even though he missed the deadline by one week, he was accepted. An aspiring police officer, the 6-foot, 1-inch McCarthy began the show at 270 pounds.

“They told me they liked my story, and they wanted me to join the show,” said McCarthy. “It was definitely a great experience.”

Filming took place over the summer, but McCarthy is not allowed to reveal his results until after the show airs. His segment is scheduled to air Dec. 20 at 10 p.m.

McCarthy’s rigorous training regimen included a pair of 2-hour sessions seven days a week. He did the majority of his training at Pro Fitness in Fall River, where his workouts consisted of boxing, muay thai kickboxing and functional strength training, which focuses on weight-bearing activities targeting at core muscles of the abdomen and lower back.

Prior to the show, McCarthy spent a great deal of his time playing video games. Now, exercise has become part of his regular routine.

“You have a whole other energy level,” McCarthy said. “Everything changes. You have higher confidence, higher energy. You think higher of yourself and carry yourself differently.”

Throughout the experience, McCarthy realized that he needed to be self-motivated to succeed.

“Everybody is focused on relationships, that’s not really the key,” McCarthy said. “You’ve got to focus on yourself, you’ve got to love yourself. You’ve got to take care of yourself and your family before everybody else. That’s what I did throughout the show.”

Now a criminal justice major at Bristol Community College, McCarthy hopes to become a Fall River police officer in the future. He has completed some ride-alongs with Officer Kevin Lopes and is planning on becoming a volunteer auxiliary officer.

Pro Fitness owner Ben Pittsley thought he was the victim of a scam when he received a call from MTV asking if they could film at his gym. After some research, he graciously accepted.

“It’s good exposure for a local business,” Pittsley said. “Plus, it’s awesome to see a kid from Fall River get some national exposure.”

Pittsley also got an employee out of the show as McCarthy currently works part-time at Pro Fitness.

For those interested in learning how McCarthy fared, Pro Fitness is hosting a viewing party the same night and time the segment is scheduled to air. The gym is located at 1 West St., Fall River. You do not need to be a member to attend.

Email Derek Vital at dvital@heraldnews.com.
    Copyright 2011 The Herald News. Some rights reserved

Read more: Fall River teen to be profiled on MTV's 'I Used to Be Fat' - Fall River, MA - The Herald News

I like seeing these young ones work on themselves. Watching my third one today.
    You can do it!

Since I Used To Be Fat is on hiatus or something I have been watching the Style networks "My Big Fat Weight Loss Story". Yeowwwwwww...there are some dysfunctional families out there. MBFWLS is more focused on the entire family and while the younger ones can whine some of the adults just explode.

In case anyone is really aching to check out another weight loss show check out "Our Big Fat Weight Loss Story" on style network. Check the schedule at mystyle.com it is rather fluid. The show is also rather depressing because is shows more realistic results because the entire family is involved. I am sorry but sometimes mom and dad must stand up and act the adult and disciplinarian and lay down the rules for kids. When I watch this show I am amazed how successful the kids on "I Used To Be Fat" are. Anyway enjoy.

Still recommending Our Big Fat Weight Loss Story on Style network. Showing 2 episodes back to back on Saturday morning at 10am 'til noon ET.

I watch this type of show on a very occasional basis. I am carrying an extra 60 pounds and tend to go through stages where I watch these shows, get motivated, be "good" for a few weeks and then fall off the rails again which, in turn depresses me. I am really enjoying Weight of the Nation right now.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

For some reason MTV aired 4 new episodes this week, from July 15 - July 18, 2013 and didn't bother to advertise it or run repeats. Thanks MTV.

Monday aired Deanna's episode.

Tuesday aired Kevin's episode.

Wednesday aired Maya's episode.

Thursday aired Kellie's episode.

Was able to record Kellie's episode and to watch it. It was weird as day 85 to day 42 was well documented, Kellie successfully lost about 33 lbs and then next thing you know it is day 0 and Kellie has lost an additional 8.6lbs in the last 42 days. What happened. No explanation given. Then they showed her 3 months later home from college and she has successfully maintained her weight. Again weird cause the other kids still continued to drop a couple of extra pounds while at school.

+ Reply to Thread