+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: I Used To Be Fat

Re: I Used To Be Fat

MTV has posted a sneak peak on 12/09/11 about the next episode the victim is Jose and guess what Joey is back as his trainer. This episode will air on Tuesday Dec 13th after midnight at 12:03am or Wednesday at 12:03am in the morning considering how you look at it. Thanks for the late scheduling, I guess Teen Mom is more important.

Holly was ep 7, Janelle was ep 8 so Jose is ep 9 and there should be one more after that. See I am counting this as season one and MTV is this years episodes as a continuation of season 1 and have Jose's ep numbered as 18. Go figure.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Yeap, Jose's ep was on and Paul's is next week. Two great things about Jose's ep, Joey is back and Jose's attitude is such that I can totally snark at him. Thank you.

Next week's ep is scheduled for 12:30am Tues nite/Wed morning. Dec 20/Dec21.

MTV has 4 videos on line about where are they now about Daria, Jordan, Mackenzie and Marci.

Daria - has lost more weight and looks hot, hot, hot. She is full of self confidence, works 2 jobs and maintains her exercise and food plan. She even helps cook.

Jordan - is at school and still working out 2 hours a day, one hour of cardio and one hour of weights, he also maintains a clean diet. He is also a bit slimmer. His self confidence it also over the top, he meets a lot more people and his relationship with mom is mich better because he is more independent. Uses his episode to help him maintain his new lifestyle.

Mackenzie - has gained some weight back, still has her boyfriend, feels she is healthier, eats better, has moved out of her parents house and still attending cosmetology school. I did think she said a very interesting thing is that until the show aired and she saw herself she didn't think she really was that big.

Marci - looks as if she has maintained her weight loss, still works out, still is in school and has decided to become a lawyer. Like we really need another one. Has tons of self confidence and looks back on her episode as why the heck did she cry so much.

December 13, 2011 – Episode 9 – Jose 18

Trainer: Joey. Yeah , Joey is back.

Jose is 18 and was a captain on his high school football team. He wants to lose weight and play college football. He is 5’8” and weighs in at 314.2lbs. He has 90 days to lose 75lbs and weight in at 239lbs. Mauricio, Jose’s dad works nights and can’t spend that much time with his son. Daisy is his mom. Both support their son. First day of training Joey has Jose do deadlifts. All I hear is I can’t, I can’t, I can’t. Then Joey tells Jose to run a mile on the treadmill at a 15 minute pace. This is a half way goal that Jose had. Joey wants to do it today. Jose keeps trying to quit, Joey won’t let him. Jose runs the mile in 14:45.

I do find it incredibly scary that an 18 yr old kid who played football all through high school can’t run a mile in less than 12 minutes which is the standard. He should be running it in 8 minutes or less. What is even scarier is that what kind of conditioning program and weight program was this kid doing in high school to prep for football? Doesn’t look as if it was much. Joey congratulates Jose on meeting a goal. Joey then informs Jose that to meet his weight lose goal that Jose needs to burn 3500 calories a day every day.

At the next training session Jose brings a cooler full of food that his dad made for him, but he didn’t eat it because he didn’t like it. Joey yells at him. He needs to eat protein because every day they are in the gym breaking down muscle and the only way to build it back is by eating protein.

It has been 2 weeks and it is time for the first weight in. Joey expects Jose to have lost 15lbs if he has stuck to the food and exercise programs. Jose weights in at 284.4 he has lost 29.8lbs in 2 weeks.

Later Joey finds out that one of the kids in the neighborhood was killed and that Jose knew all through high school. It is Day 54 and Jose is with his girlfriend Valeria and he says that he misses his friend and that he doesn’t want to work out. Jose is mouthing off to Joey. Joey thinks that something is bothering Jose. Jose told Joey that football practice started 3 weeks ago and so has been letting Jose out early during their afternoon sessions. Joey called Jose’s football coach and finds out that Jose turned up for practice the first time yesterday. Joey doesn’t like lies. Joey stops at the Gold’s Gym Jose is working out. Jose is supposed to be working out in the morning at 8am and the computer shows him not swiping his membership card until 10:43am. When Jose shows up an hour late Joey confronts him about not showing up and Jose denies it and says the card it wrong that he swiped it after he worked out. Jose gets all, can I say “gansta” .

Day 45 the halfway mark. 5 weeks ago Jose weighed in at 284 he is now 253. Jose has lost another 31lbs. He has lost a total of 60.6lbs in 7weeks.

Jose spends 6 hours in the gym doing cardio in the morning and then football practice in the afternoon. So at Day 35 he weighs in at 233.0lbs for a total of 81.2lbs lost in 55 days. Everyone is happy and Joey sets a new goal of 214. At the Day 0 final weigh in Jose weighs in at 198.8. He has lost a total of 115.4 lbs in 90 days. He used to wear a size 3X shirt and now wears a large. His waist used to be 44 inches and is now 36 inches.

2 months later Joey finds Jose and his dad, Mauricio, working out in Joey’s home gym and you can see that Jose has slimmed up some more and has built some more muscle. Definitely a success story.

An online video at MTV shows Joey and Jose's last workout and Jose runs the mile in 9 minutes.

Stats:

Name: Jose
    Height: 5'8"
    Start weight: 314.2 lbs
    Goal weight: 239 lbs
    Weight to lose: 75 lbs
    Days: 90

Start: 314.2 lbs - Day 90
    1st weight in: 284.4 lbs - 29.8 lbs lost (goal was to lose 15 lbs in 2 weeks) - Day 77 - total 29.8 lbs
    2nd weight in: 253.6 lbs - 30.8 lbs lost in 5 weeks since 1st weight in - Day 45 halfway mark - total 29.8 + 30.8 = 60.6 lbs
    3rd weight in: 233.0 lbs - 20.6 lbs lost in 10 days since 2nd weight in - Day 35 - 29.8 + 30.8 + 20.6 = 81.2 lbs in 55 days surpassed weight loss goal of 75lbs - new goal weight 214lbs
    4th weight in: 198.8 lbs - 34.2 lbs lost in 34 days since 3rd weight in - Day 0 = 29.8 + 30.8 + 20.6 + 34.2 = 115.4 lbs in 90 days.

December 21, 2011

Paul Joseph McCarthy - 18 - Fall River, Massachusetts, USA

Gained weight because parents bought him video games to keep him off the streets and out of gangs and jail when he was a kid so he wouldn't end up in jail like his step brother.

He wants to:

1. Lose 60lbs
    2. Stop quitting on himself
    3. Wants to make his parents proud.

Just graduated, lives at home with his mom, Mary Alice and his dad, Joseph and 2 sisters. His dad is overweight and takes 8 pills a day for diabetes and high blood pressure. He is going to attend Bristol Community College in the fall and major in Criminal Justice and become a police officer and prevent what happened to his family from happening to other families. But he plays video games all day long and does nothing else. So with his trainer Yari he has 80 days to transform himself from fat to fit and lost 60lbs. He currently weighs in at 269.8lbs. He is 6'1" tall and his goal is to weigh in a 209lbs.

Day 80

Yari, tells Paul's mom, Mary Alice, to take his play station and hide it. Paul is not happy.

1st workout carries Coach Yari to the park, starts flipping a big tire, quits, throws up, goes home.

Day 79

Not happy with 1st workout. Love watching some of the deleted scenes. Paul has a habit of quitting, not finishing and just walks back to his house, to his room and hides in his bedroom.

Day 67 - didn't give it his all again.

Day 66 - 1st weight in - after 2 weeks weights in at 254.6lbs. Lost 15.2lbs in 2 weeks of half trying. Yari is concerned that Paul doesn't realize that losing weight the first 2 weeks is easy it just gets harder and she is afraid that his just quit attitude will not get him any results.

Day 64 - Yari takes him to the Falls River Police and Emergency Services building to take the physical agility test. He fails to do 40 pushups in 1 minute. He can't climb the stairs with a weight vest on. He can't lift the sandbags. He fails the test. He is pissed at Yari for springing this surprise on him. He is pissed that he failed the test. He didn't realize that it would be that hard. Well, duh, real life is harder than the video game were all you get is a really strong set of thumbs and hopefully some good hand eye coordination. snark, snark.

Oh, Paul's episode is number 10 of season 2 or if you go by MTV's count season 1 episode 19. Whatever, I just hope that means that the next episode is a reunion episode but I don't think we will be seeing anything new until the first or second week of January.

Dad tells Coach Yari that when Paul gets aggravated that he totally shuts down.

Day 60 - 1 week since last weight in. 3 weeks since start of program. Weighted in at 254.6 last week. Weighted in at 254.6 this week. Lost zero pounds.

Paul says that "I don't give a sh*t." "I'm not going to try harder." Paul wants to quit the program. He says there is "no fu$king point".

Ah, today's youth. don't they just give you hope for the future.

+ Reply to Thread