+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 27 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Real World/Road Rules Challenge: Cut Throat

Re: Real World/Road Rules Challenge: Cut Throat

Quote Originally Posted by mindy384;4083712;
    EVERY SINGLE SEASON the rookies sit around and complain about being targeted and are eventually picked off one by one. Now, I know we aren't dealing with rocket scientists here but surely someone has had at least a small moment of insight where the lightbulb has sparked and for just a moment they imagined getting together with all the other newbies and leading a charge against the rookies and tight alliances.

Honestly, this scenario has played out so many seasons that I really believe production is involved in some fashion. I KNOW that a lot of these people have destroyed a good chunck of brain cells but seriously, a group of monkeys (even slow ones) could have figured this situation out by now. I'm guessing production either helps guide with the voting or flat out requires contestants to perform certain actions per their contracts--after all, it makes sense to keep certain 'characters' around for a myriad of reasons (ratings, familiarity with viewing audience, drama, etc...) and MTV may not want to chance a big shake-up (although I think it would be fantastic!).
    Here it is. This is exactly what youre talking about, MH. As you can see, I really just can't believe that out of hundreds of contestants and dozens of challenges that no rookie has ever thought of getting all the newbies together and throwing veterans in....even a small shake-up has never really happened/been successful (and Ive watched all the challenges).

Anyone else have any info?

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by mindy384;4093514;
    Here it is. This is exactly what youre talking about, MH. As you can see, I really just can't believe that out of hundreds of contestants and dozens of challenges that no rookie has ever thought of getting all the newbies together and throwing veterans in....even a small shake-up has never really happened/been successful (and Ive watched all the challenges).

Anyone else have any info?
    Most of the rookies go in there and right away want to make friends with the vets in hopes that it will save them. They dont want to be the one to ruffle the feathers and be the first to get the target on their back. Sarah is one of the few who went in, survived, meshed with the vets and now is one of the top people. Personally I dont care about rookies as the last 3 seasons (not counting New Orleans 2) have some of the worst cast members in history. Cancun, DC and Brooklyn cast members suck. Chet is a bore, Ayiiia was a whiney b!tch, Ty is an abusive bad drunk, one of the emilys went home, the other has been a background character. The Fresh Meat 2 people have twice the personality and usefulness then all of those people.

I love the idea of once you go in and come back, you dont have to go back in until every team member of your sex goes in. I feel like they did do that one season but cant remember. It really has gotten annoying that people like Brad and Johnny can just sit back, party for a few weeks and skate to the final mission and have a 33% chance at money.

I think that is the entire point is to create drama and have alliances collapse and good friends turn on each other.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I don't really know how I feel about Cut Throat so far. It's definitely nothing spectacular or nearly as good as some of the best challenges (Battle of The Seasons, Battle Of The Sexes, Inferno) but it isn't totally boring me either. The Johnny/Camilla rumor seemed silly to me cause as Johnny pointed out, how in the world would Camilla benefit at all from throwing missions?? She'd just be making enemies, losing money, and looking like a complete moron. It kind of came off to me as though her team was making a big stink over nothing and were just trying to find a reason to ostracize her and make her an outcast. I enjoyed the Cara Marie/Aaayia drama cause I find them both interesting. I know I said earlier I couldn't stand the Fresh Meat kids but Cara Marie and Luke have been growing on me big time. Even though I was sad to see Aaayia go home I was VERY happy Katie proved to her team that she deserves to be there. I'm hoping they don't vote her in again the next time they lose.

I'm hoping Abram's team ends up winning the entire thing. I'd love to see Luke, Abram, Dan, and Cara Marie walk away with the cash. From the other teams I'm hoping Melinda, Brad, Jenn, Derrick, Katie, and Tyler all make it far.
    Last edited by Ace Medallion; 10-30-2010 at 03:58 AM.

FORT Fogey

I don't know that the Red team was just looking for a reason to ostracize Camilla. Many of them have been screwed by Johnny before. He's a snake, he's ruthless, and he's stupid, so in this case I think their paranoia was justified. I don't think they're afraid she'll throw missions, but I would worry about someone on my team being linked to him as well.

Aayiia's argument with Cara Maria was ridiculous. Okay, so she was trapped and needed someone on her team to momentarily help her out. This is such a stupid argument for so many reasons: a) you're a team so that's how that should work, B) she made it through first, and C) Aayiia was one of the last, and needed to be pulled through several of the obstacles, as did Sarah. I do very much like Cara, Abram, Dan, and Luke though. I hope to see them make it to the end.

FORT Regular

I also thought it was funny because Ayiiia was talking crap that Cara Maria about crying (when she was being choked) and thats why she voted her in.....then Ayiiia turned around and was crying when she lost the goulag. haha!

What the heck is going on with this Ty kid? Is he suffering from a serious disorder?

Ty, pissing people for fun because it amuses him?? Wacko. Although I know a couple of people at work who do that and they are my least favorite people. He is supposedly Emily's friend and he has hooked up with her and he treated like a POS last night. That is unexceptable. All I see is abusive relationships and a wifebeater. He comes across as a bully. Does he not understand one day he will do that in a parking lot or club and someone will pull out a gun and shot him. Seriously, pushing people's buttons for fun can result in deadly consequences. What an idiot. I have a feeling because he is big and tall and has muscles and can be charming he can get away with it. His confessionals show that he thinks he can talk himself out of any situation and he always makes himself look good. After watching his performance the last several episodes it is pretty obvious that he is all talk and no show. I would always pick Brandon over Ty.

I do wonder if Chet is also out, possible concussion?? Will we be seeing CJ and Sourface (can't remember her name) show up next week? Or are they simply competition in the Gulag?

mmmmm........I wonder if the Blue Team wants Big Easy back? He at least tries. But on the other hand both Ty and Big Easy were possible liabilities if they made it to the finale. ha ha Johnny Bananas... that's karma kicking you in the butt getting Katie, Big Easy and Ty on your team. You must really miss your butt buddies, Evan and Kenny.

One thing about Katie. She started on Road Rules: The Quest back in 2001. She has been doing challenges for over 9 yrs. If she wants to win money, why doesn't she train. I don't see any results of any kind of training except of course drunken rage.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

FORT Fogey

Who is CJ?

I thought Katie's argument that they didn't do anything for her when she got hurt, and they did something for Chet was a little ridiculous. She was clearly not cognitively impaired. Chet clearly was.

Katie was upset because TJ said it would be really bad to put Chet's name in the gulag because he was hurt. Katie says her team put her in even after she got a black eye and was really hurt from the challenge. She wasn't upset that he got medical care.
    Yup, with donuts!!

+ Reply to Thread