+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Real World/Road Rules Challenge: Cut Throat

Re: Real World/Road Rules Challenge: Cut Throat

Quote Originally Posted by tears.and.rain;4089791;
    Okay but what I was saying was you have no way of knowing when he decided to start losing weight was. It could have been when he got the call for this challenge.

Has it really been two years? He was on the Duel II... was he on the Ruins?
    Big Easy has been on 3 challenges before Cutthroat, Fresh Meat and Duel in 2006 and Gauntlet III in 2008.

My issue with Eric/Big Easy is that he always says he is a competitor but he totally embarrassed and humiliated himself in the finale of Gauntlet III. He had a major health scare 2 yrs because he was not in shape to compete. I would think that would have been motivation enough to take a very hard look at his lifestyle and make changes for himself not the show. Losing 35lbs for a young man in 2 yrs means he is making changes very, very slowly. If he just lost weight for the show then he did in a short period of time just for the show. Sooner or later the producers would have asked him back, in these challenges the producers always ask back people that will cause issues when mixing with others. Katie Doyle, Shauvon, Beth, CT and others... it was only a matter of time. In fact the producers may have asked Easy back sooner just he was not ready. But if that was the case I did expect him ti come back in better shape to prove something to himself as well as the others. Hopefully we will get some answers during the reunion show.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

FORT Fogey

No. He was in The Duel 2 in 2009.

I don't think we will get answers during the Reunion show because it's just not that odd. 35 pounds, in a healthy way, in a year, in my opinion, is something to be proud of. It's not about how fast you can lose weight, and if we start ridiculing people for how long it takes them to lose weight, instead of supporting their journey, we will only discourage them.

My bad, Eric was in Duel I and Duel II. Duel II was filmed in April - June 2009. Gee why don't I remember him being on Duel II, well he was eliminated rather quickly.

OK so it has been a yr. OK, then I don't understand why he didn't lose weight between Gauntlet III and Duel II considering his total humiliation? Still for such a big guy and how young he is and the fact men tend to lose so much faster then women I don't think he was trying very hard to lose, to only lose 35 lbs in 1 yr. Just giving up the alcohol consumption would have guaranteed a greater weight loss.

Theresa proved her worth getting throught the roadblocks as quickly as she did as did Cara Maria and the 3 red girls. Who the heck is Ayiiia, except a loud mouthed rookie. Glad she was voted into the Goulag and was sent home by Katie.

I have to give credit to Big Easy for doing well in the challenge, following the plan and defending himself in the initial group meeting. He has an enormous hurdle to cross by proving he can compete. I can't blame his team members from bringing up his performance in the Gauntlet III but I find it puzzling that he feels he doesn't need to run laps to keep up his cardio. The challengers are at a site filming for 4 to 6 weeks. The challenges are very physical, they obviously workout, equipment is provided why would you not use it. I sometimes feel very sympathetic toward Big Easy and sometimes very unfeeling because it does come across as if he is not doing his part keeping physicaly fit for the challenges. We aren't shown it so we ( the viewing audience) can't make an informed decision. The stigma of collasping during a final challenge is going to haunt Big Easy for a long time, even to the point his team would constantly vote him into the goulag over an untried rookie. I do agree that although Ty physically looks good he does not seem to do that well in the challenges. I must also give Luke kudos for using a strategy of light slaps so he could concentrate on keeping the pail up was a very smart one. I am also glad that some of the challenges are more of an endurance kind, and using your body kind (dice challenge). It would have been very interesting to have seen Ayiiia, Luke, Easy and Katie do one of the mountain climping while carrying bucket challenges they did in Fresh Meat II.

Johnny Bananas and Camilla, can go horribly wrong. I hope not for her shake.

Interesting to see how Johnny B will be able to handle himself without Kenny and Evan.
    Last edited by Bearcata; 10-28-2010 at 09:27 AM.

FORT Fanatic

That big twist they kept promoting all week with TJ coming to the house was pretty lame. They couldnt just hype it as "a challenge so extreme, they had to shave their faces"?

Brad and the rest of the red team look like paranoid fools getting that worked up because Johnny was talking to Camilla. Even kinda pathetic. Paula saying it wasnt about the money, she just wanted to win for once... gimme a break. Brad and Tori are the worst because the two of them probably have no source of income other then these challenges and need this money more then anything. If they had half a brain they would have gone on separate teams and gotten better odds at getting money.

The Gulag, the concept was pretty cool but the execution stunk. Round three should have been something a little more painful. Eric more or less lost because he was dumb and not because of pain. If youre going to do a pain challenge, it should end because someone cant go on. Glad Ayiiiiiia lost. She stunk on her own season of RW and was equally as bad as a challenge person. How are you going to call someone out about something when they finish first and you last?

So Cara Maria finishes first and that idiot girl is calling her out for crying because she had an elbow in her throat and couldn't breathe? Despite that she still beat you. Suck it up and stop whining. Truth is you didn't want to go in and couldn't pull your weight after all your lip service about how valuable you were. I was glad Katie won. Good for her.

I think Camilla will prob be sent in next time red team loses but she is sassy and could pull off a win. Her team did act a little paranoid but they are so dumb they don't relaize they need to break up the married couple first. I'd also like the see Chet go home as he was mean to Mandy. He's so stupid he sent in a sure vote for himself because he didn't want Brad and his team to think he was with her. BRAD IS THERE WITH HIS WIFE. You don't see them putting each other in to prove anything to their team. No need to as you are all clueless.

I felt a little bad for Eric as he's actually done really well in the challenges. I would have sent Ty in this round as he did so poorly and make him prove himself. If he wins then go after Eric next time.

FORT Fan

I still would have put Eric in. He may be the world's nicest guy and I think it's great that he's lost the weight he has, but the fact is, the final challenges always have an element of endurance. He just can't keep up in that aspect, and since the team can't finish without everyone, his team WILL lose the final challenge if he's still with them. And unlike some of the girls who have trouble finishing, you can't just pick Easy up and carry him the rest of the way. After that one final when he collapsed and was the sole reason why his team lost, the only way he's gonna make it to the finals in one of these things again is if he loses a drastic amount of weight, gets his strength and stamina way up, AND proves his worth by excelling in challenges.

FORT Fogey

I do not understand why Brad, Derrick, Abram, and Johnny do not need to go in the gulog. Just because they are veterans to the show. Why do the rookies keep going along with tossing themselves in? I think one simple thing needs to change, once you have went into the gulog, gauntlet, than you cannot go in again until all other members of the same sex have from your team. That would make everyone earn their place the right way. How does Brad and the veterans deserve the money for not doing anything.

To answer your question a bit, as long a the Red Team continues to dominate the challenges Brad is pretty much safe from going into the Gulag because his team doesn't have to vote anyone in. Also since the Red Team currently has all 5 of its male members they will probably continue to vote Brandon in because he is low man on the totem pole. We all know Dunbar sucks at challenges and he is playing the social game.

As for the Blue Team, there are only 3 men left, Derrick, Johnny and Ty the odds are Ty will be going in to the Gulag until the end of show or till he gets sent home.

The Grey Team also only has 3 guys left, Abram, Dan and Luke. I can see one or all of them volunteering to go in.

I think the Grey Team is now in an interesting position as they only have 3 guys and 3 girls left on their team and all are pretty good atheletes. If they can only figure out how to play to win they are actually in a pretty good position. That and Laurel is like a dude I think they have a good chance to win now that all their weakest players are gone.

Quote Originally Posted by MHcarrollton;4093382;
    I do not understand why Brad, Derrick, Abram, and Johnny do not need to go in the gulog. Just because they are veterans to the show. Why do the rookies keep going along with tossing themselves in? I think one simple thing needs to change, once you have went into the gulog, gauntlet, than you cannot go in again until all other members of the same sex have from your team. That would make everyone earn their place the right way. How does Brad and the veterans deserve the money for not doing anything.
    Because somehow, every season, these morons allow this to happen. I will go back and find my old posts but I have questioned this many times and Ive decided that it most be producer manipulation to keep more familiar faces around.

+ Reply to Thread