+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Real World/Road Rules Challenge: Cut Throat

FORT Fogey

Re: Real World/Road Rules Challenge: Cut Throat

That's terrible about TJ!! I think he's a good host and he's very funny in the behind-the-scenes stuff! I certainly hope he's back on his feet soon!

I haven't kept up with the challenges for a few years now but I'm an avid follower of action sports. I'm praying TJ can follow in the footsteps of Kevin Pearse and make a full recovery.

This just sounds so scary ... "brain bleed". I so hope TJ pulls through this.

TJ Lavin Suffered Brain Bleeding In BMX Crash, Friend Says - Music, Celebrity, Artist News | MTV

TJ Lavin Suffered Brain Bleeding In BMX Crash, Friend Says
    Chas Aday says Thursday accident was supposed to be final ride before 'Challenge' host's retirement.
    By Mawuse Ziegbe

TJ Lavin remains in critical condition on Friday (October 15) after suffering several injuries from a ride gone awry at a Dew Tour Event in Las Vegas on Thursday evening.

His friend and business partner Chas Aday told MTV News that the pro BMX biker and host of MTV's "Challenge" competition shows said Lavin was put into a medically induced coma because he sustained bleeding in his brain. He also sustained an orbital fracture on his eye and a fractured right wrist. Contrary to reports, Lavin did not fracture his rib cage.

"I keep seeing that, but he doesn't have any broken ribs," Aday said.

The accident mars what should have been Lavin's triumphant goodbye to competitive racing as Aday said his appearance was his last ride before he retired. The incident also comes a day after one of Lavin's friends sustained the same injury and is currently recuperating in the same hospital five beds away. Lavin hasn't been conscious since the accident, but Aday, who has known the BMX-er for nine years, said he would have a simple but significant message for athletes out there.

"It's important to wear your helmet with any motor sports," Aday said.

He added that the longtime racer would also want to assure his fans that he's going to pull through. "He'll be OK and back to it," Aday said. "He's a fighter."

Lavin lost control of his bike while riding in a Dew Tour stop at the Las Vegas Hard Rock Hotel and was knocked unconscious after his feet were unable to reach the bike's pedals mid-stunt.

"Our thoughts are with TJ," an MTV spokesperson said. "He is an important part of MTV's extended family and we're all praying for him."
    KAREN

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Ace Medallion;4084966;
    That is a BS excuse on Laurel's part. Her treatment of these people is not to rattle them or try to psych them out, it's because she obviously has an alcohol problem mixed with a very bad ego problem. The girl thinks she's God's gift and purposefully (and belligerently) picks fights with people she perceives as weaker than her whenever she has one too many. She did it to Shauvon in episode 1, she did it to Mandy in episode 2, and now out of nowhere in the previews for the next episode she does it to Eric. She clearly can't handle her alcohol and has a problem getting belligerent and overly aggressive when she drinks. She'd be smart to take after Dan's actions and quit drinking completely before she makes an even bigger mistake she can't take back.

In Theresa's case I think she is simply trying to do anything for camera time. On Fresh Meat 2 I don't think she was attracted to Wes OR Kenny, I think what she wanted the entire time was the camera time and storyline she received by trying to sleep with both of them and making a triangle. It obviously worked cause she was asked back for Cut Throat. She slept around for camera time on FM2 and now on Cut Throat I feel that she's picking fights with people and picking on them for camera time. Her yelling at Camilla in Episode 1 was her lame attempt to be the new "Coral" or something of the challenges. Um, NOPE! Not even close!

I don't like either of these girls and wish that both (along with pretty much all of the Fresh Meat 1 and 2 casts) would just get off my tv.
    On her facebook and I think her twitter as well, Laurel has recently apologized to viewers about the upcoming episode and the comments she made about Eric.

To be fair, not all of the FM are bad. Yes some of them are annoying but so are some of the alumni

Quote Originally Posted by ghnstrz;4085172;
    On her facebook and I think her twitter as well, Laurel has recently apologized to viewers about the upcoming episode and the comments she made about Eric.

To be fair, not all of the FM are bad. Yes some of them are annoying but so are some of the alumni
    You are right when you say that some of the alumni are annoying too, I definitely can't argue that. My problem with the Fresh Meat is that most of them come off to me as people who realize or feel that they weren't interesting enough to get cast on a full season of Real World so they overcompensate by creating drama everywhere they go. It seems to me like they get to these challenges and all that is going through their heads is "who can I sleep with on camera" and/or "who can I fight with on camera". Except for the competitions and elimination rounds these challenges have begun to focus on nothing but "mean girl" fights and drunken hookups. Just look at the first two episodes of Cut Throat (Laurel gets drunk and fights with Shauvon, Theresa gets drunk and fights with Camilla, Laurel gets drunk and fights with Mandi, lather, rinse, repeat). Except for during the competitions we don't get to hear from people like Derrick cause he's not fighting and sleeping with everyone he can get his hands on, lol, and I hate that! As I've said I wanna hear and see the actual Real Worlders/Road Rulers, and see them make friendships and alliances and watch them play the game!!! I'd be fine if there was a few Fresh Meaters and they weren't always screaming and yelling for camera time but as of now it's just SO obnoxious. For the last few challenges it was the Kenny and Evan show ( BLECH) and now that they've left it seems we're getting the "drunk mean girls" show shoved down our throat.
    Last edited by Ace Medallion; 10-16-2010 at 06:06 PM.

FORT Fogey

I completely agree. And there are some Fresh Meat who are really there to play the game, just as there are some alumni who are just there to be there, to party.

I think there used to be a better balance. There were always fights that were about the game, not just for camera time, which was fine. And there were always hookups cuz people were actually attracted to each other, or drunk enough to be attracted to each other. But not just to get on camera. And they also showed them just doing stupid stuff, like having fun. I wish they'd show more of that.

MTV Host TJ Lavin Showing Signs of Improvement: Report - Health : People.com

MTV Host TJ Lavin Showing Signs of Improvement
    Sunday October 17, 2010

TJ Lavin
    Pro BMX dirt bike rider TJ Lavin, who has been in a medically induced coma after attempting a dangerous stunt in Las Vegas, has shown some signs of improvement, according to new reports.

According to ESPN, the athlete's mother, Barbara, sent a text message to his friend Tim "Fuzzy" Hall, and reported that Lavin was able to move his hands on Saturday.

"Neuro came and spoke to T.J.," she wrote in the text message. "He moved his hands around and he gave the docs a thumbs up. He is not conscious. He's back on sedation to rest and minimize brain swelling."

Lavin, 33, who hosted MTV's Real World Road Rules Challenge for 10 seasons, was competing in a dirt qualifying round in the Dew Tour Championships in Las Vegas. While attempting a "nac nac" jump combination, he could not get his feet back on the pedals and crashed, suffering an orbital fracture on his eye and a fractured right wrist.

A tour spokesperson told ESPN that he was wearing a helmet at the time of the accident.

Lavin's business partner, Chris Aday, told the Las Vegas Review-Journal, that he believed the athlete was planning to retire after the Dew Tour Championships.

"He kept making comments like, 'Well, this is my last one,' " he told the paper.
    KAREN

Wish TJ the best.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

someone please get this laurel nut off my tv--she is so cocky and cant make a jump that jen, tori and melinda can? seriously? and the shots at eric--just unacceptable.

although I think johnny is a jerk, I can see his perspective with Big E--he significantly contributed to their loss on gauntlet III (another factor happened to be that all the guys were to scared to take eric one-on-one in a duel and lose, thats how he made it to the finals) and johnny is scared. but laurel doesn't know him and he is the one of the few guys (along with derrick, chet and abram) who seem to treat everyone well. moreover, as far as the looks department goes, laurel is certainly nothing to write home about..maybe she should take a break from the trash talking and invest in a mirror and get herself enrolled in a AA group.

My thoughts and prayers are with TJ. I wish him a quick and full recovery.

Laurel is a drunk and a mean one at that. I felt bad for Eric and the others she attacks weekly. Hopefully it catches up with her before the season is over.

+ Reply to Thread