+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Real World/Road Rules Challenge: Cut Throat

Re: Real World/Road Rules Challenge: Cut Throat

Quote Originally Posted by MHcarrollton;4081484;
    I cannot believe that noone from any of the beginning seasons want a shot at money. I think the sheer immaturity that is showcased chases some off. I would like to see MTV not show such heavy partying and showcase the veterans that have not been on for awhile. I think that they feel that current viewers would not remember them, but I think they would be surprised how many people would. I think they rely too much on characters now and are lazy with casting.
    I do agree but by this time the older cast mates have matured and moved on. Many were just finishing school or had just finished it when they were on their original episodes and by now are actually working on real careers and lives where it is hard to take that 4 to 8 weeks off to go do the challenges.

Oh, did anyone else see the obvious and are glad Melinda and Danny are divorcing. I wonder if MTV ever got the engagement ring back?
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Why is it that everytime they show this theresa girl she is laughing at another contestant? Who does this girl think she is?

And could someone please send Laurel the memo that she is not a freaking american gladiator--gah, shes cocky.

I felt bad for Brendan. If they were going to keep sending me in I would be upset to. I also felt bad for Mandy that Chet voted against her trying to prove to his team that he wasn't that into her blah blah blah. Here's a shocker, Chet. Brad is on the team with his wife. Maybe instead of worrying about him you should team up with Brendan and some others and take one o them out. Just saying. And Chet also threw out a vote that would have always gone his way. Some of these people are idiots. lol

Laurel is starting to look like she needs AA a lot more than she needs to be on this challenge. She's always drunk and a mean one at that.

Quote Originally Posted by ChelsieFan;4083710;
    I felt bad for Brendan. If they were going to keep sending me in I would be upset to. I also felt bad for Mandy that Chet voted against her trying to prove to his team that he wasn't that into her blah blah blah. Here's a shocker, Chet. Brad is on the team with his wife. Maybe instead of worrying about him you should team up with Brendan and some others and take one o them out. Just saying. And Chet also threw out a vote that would have always gone his way. Some of these people are idiots. lol

Laurel is starting to look like she needs AA a lot more than she needs to be on this challenge. She's always drunk and a mean one at that.
    EVERY SINGLE SEASON the rookies sit around and complain about being targeted and are eventually picked off one by one. Now, I know we aren't dealing with rocket scientists here but surely someone has had at least a small moment of insight where the lightbulb has sparked and for just a moment they imagined getting together with all the other newbies and leading a charge against the rookies and tight alliances. Honestly, this scenario has played out so many seasons that I really believe production is involved in some fashion. I KNOW--a lot of these people have destroyed a good chunck of brain cells but seriously, a group of monkeys (even slow ones) could have figured this situation out by now. I'm guessing production either helps guide with the voting or flat out requires contestants to perform certain actions per their contracts--after all, it makes sense to keep certain 'characters' around for a myriad of reasons (ratings, familiarity with viewing audience, drama, etc...) and MTV may not want to chance a big shake-up (although I think it would be fantastic!).

Quote Originally Posted by mindy384;4083679;
    Why is it that everytime they show this theresa girl she is laughing at another contestant? Who does this girl think she is?

And could someone please send Laurel the memo that she is not a freaking american gladiator--gah, shes cocky.
    Theresa sure changed from slutty ho on Fresh Meat II to irrationally angry drunk on Cutthroat. What I find interesting in both Laurel and Theresa's confessionals is that they are "supposedly" being "mean girls" to rattle their opponents. OK.....then why is Laurel messing with Shavaun, who is on the same team as her? That is stupid. Wait a minute, Laurek, stupid. Ah...that explains it.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;4083901;
    Theresa sure changed from slutty ho on Fresh Meat II to irrationally angry drunk on Cutthroat. What I find interesting in both Laurel and Theresa's confessionals is that they are "supposedly" being "mean girls" to rattle their opponents. OK.....then why is Laurel messing with Shavaun, who is on the same team as her? That is stupid. Wait a minute, Laurek, stupid. Ah...that explains it.
    They are just trying to justify their behaviour by saying it is a part of the "game." How about being an awesome athlete and contender instead of acting like a spoiled child? A gameplan based on tearing others down and potentially making a lot of enemies seems like a stupid approach to me. I think Laurel and Theresa have some serious issues and need a reality check.

FORT Fogey

It's so stupid. If you look at the current cast - or most casts - the people who have/will make it to the end are usually the ones who are a mix of good competitor and nice guy/girl. Or at least they're funny. There is usually some reason to keep them around. Take Brad, for instance. He's a fierce competitor and a nice guy, so there's no incentive for his team to get rid of him, at least not for a while. If the game were switched, and the other team picked the people going in, there would still be little incentive, at least in the beginning. He'd either get used by the other team to take out one of their weak players, or he wouldn't get picked because of the chance he'd take out one of their strong/middle players. Landon is this way as well, as is Derrick. These aren't guys who do the whole "alliance" thing in a major, shady way. They're guys people want in the house, they don't generate animosity, and they're really good at the physical aspect of the challenge.

These girls are making themselves targets. Laurel might be saved because her team may want to get rid of weaker players first, but you can bet they're going for her next, if she continues to behave like a drunken idiot. Theresa is not a particular asset, and if her behavior makes her a weakness, she's gone.

OH NO.

MTV Host Critically Injured in Dirt Bike Crash - Health : People.com

MTV Host Critically Injured in Dirt Bike Crash
    By Charlotte Triggs; October 15, 2010

Pro BMX dirt bike rider TJ Lavin is currently in critical condition at a Las Vegas hospital after attempting a dangerous stunt Thursday evening.

Lavin, an X Games star who hosted MTV's Real World Road Rules Challenge for 10 seasons, was attempting a "nac nac" jump combination and couldn't return his feet to the pedals before landing, ESPN reports.

The 33-year-old was competing in the Dew Tour Championships in Las Vegas, Nev., when the accident happened. He suffered a shattered right wrist and broken ribs and was knocked unconscious, it was reported. He has since been put in a medically induced coma.

In a statement to PEOPLE, a rep for MTV says, "Our thoughts are with TJ. He is an important part of MTV's extended family and we're all praying for him."
    KAREN

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06;4084838;
    OH NO.

MTV Host Critically Injured in Dirt Bike Crash - Health : People.com

MTV Host Critically Injured in Dirt Bike Crash
    By Charlotte Triggs; October 15, 2010

Pro BMX dirt bike rider TJ Lavin is currently in critical condition at a Las Vegas hospital after attempting a dangerous stunt Thursday evening.

Lavin, an X Games star who hosted MTV's Real World Road Rules Challenge for 10 seasons, was attempting a "nac nac" jump combination and couldn't return his feet to the pedals before landing, ESPN reports.

The 33-year-old was competing in the Dew Tour Championships in Las Vegas, Nev., when the accident happened. He suffered a shattered right wrist and broken ribs and was knocked unconscious, it was reported. He has since been put in a medically induced coma.

In a statement to PEOPLE, a rep for MTV says, "Our thoughts are with TJ. He is an important part of MTV's extended family and we're all praying for him."

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;4083901;
    That is a BS excuse on Laurel's part. Her treatment of these people is not to rattle them or try to psych them out, it's because she obviously has an alcohol problem mixed with a very bad ego problem. The girl thinks she's God's gift and purposefully (and belligerently) picks fights with people she perceives as weaker than her whenever she has one too many. She did it to Shauvon in episode 1, she did it to Mandy in episode 2, and now out of nowhere in the previews for the next episode she does it to Eric. She clearly can't handle her alcohol and has a problem getting belligerent and overly aggressive when she drinks. She'd be smart to take after Dan's actions and quit drinking completely before she makes an even bigger mistake she can't take back.

In Theresa's case I think she is simply trying to do anything for camera time. On Fresh Meat 2 I don't think she was attracted to Wes OR Kenny, I think what she wanted the entire time was the camera time and storyline she received by trying to sleep with both of them and making a triangle. It obviously worked cause she was asked back for Cut Throat. She slept around for camera time on FM2 and now on Cut Throat I feel that she's picking fights with people and picking on them for camera time. Her yelling at Camilla in Episode 1 was her lame attempt to be the new "Coral" or something of the challenges. Um, NOPE! Not even close!

I don't like either of these girls and wish that both (along with pretty much all of the Fresh Meat 1 and 2 casts) would just get off my tv.

+ Reply to Thread