+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Real World/Road Rules Challenge: Cut Throat

FORT Fogey

Re: Real World/Road Rules Challenge: Cut Throat

Exactly!! Especially when you're Fresh Meat, you don't even have a season to fall back on!

I expected to really dislike Camila and want her voted off but I have to say that thanks to Theresa I'm actually rooting for her. The way Theresa acted as if she was queen of the challenges and tried to intimidate her by just being loud, drunk and repulsive made me so angry!!! I understand the vets feeling superiority and wanting to give the newbies a hard time, I've seen it again and again on these challenges. But when people like Coral did it to the Austin group it was one thing. Coral had earned her superiority and really was a veteran who talked the talk AND walked the walk. Theresa has NO place to try and run things and call out Camila the way she did. Theresa has done one freaking challenge and didn't even do anything amazing on it!

Impressions:

Big Easy aka Eric Barks. Claim to fame passing out in the Gauntlet II in 2008 and being blamed by his team for it's loss. mmmm.......so you are back and don't give a f**k about what the others say about you and you have lost 35lbs. Well, I would have been a lot more impressed if you had lost 105lbs, 35lbs per yr since your failure. Even more impressed if it had been 150 or 200lbs because that is partly what is holding you back athletically. If you had done that I would have been impressed. That would have shown you do give a f**K and were there for redemption and not for your team to carry you like it did before.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Ace Medallion;4080276;
    I expected to really dislike Camila and want her voted off but I have to say that thanks to Theresa I'm actually rooting for her. The way Theresa acted as if she was queen of the challenges and tried to intimidate her by just being loud, drunk and repulsive made me so angry!!! I understand the vets feeling superiority and wanting to give the newbies a hard time, I've seen it again and again on these challenges. But when people like Coral did it to the Austin group it was one thing. Coral had earned her superiority and really was a veteran who talked the talk AND walked the walk. Theresa has NO place to try and run things and call out Camila the way she did. Theresa has done one freaking challenge and didn't even do anything amazing on it!
    ITA!!! And another thing about it is that even when Coral did it to the Austin cast, it wasn't personal attacks. It was a voting thing, they put them in every time. They were at least nice to them (well, not Wes, but he wasn't nice to them either) during the rest of the time. Theresa's "strategy" was idiotic, and she just looks stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;4080281;
    Impressions:

Big Easy aka Eric Barks. Claim to fame passing out in the Gauntlet II in 2008 and being blamed by his team for it's loss. mmmm.......so you are back and don't give a f**k about what the others say about you and you have lost 35lbs. Well, I would have been a lot more impressed if you had lost 105lbs, 35lbs per yr since your failure. Even more impressed if it had been 150 or 200lbs because that is partly what is holding you back athletically. If you had done that I would have been impressed. That would have shown you do give a f**K and were there for redemption and not for your team to carry you like it did before.
    He was obnoxious and he should lose more weight for his own health. He's a young guy and almost killed himself on a challenge. I can't believe show even let him compete at such an unhealthy weight. 35 pounds is a good start but he needs to at least double that. If I were on his team I would get him out ASAP and not carry him. He can really hurt them once again down the line.

Quote Originally Posted by ChelsieFan;4080319;
    He was obnoxious and he should lose more weight for his own health. He's a young guy and almost killed himself on a challenge. I can't believe show even let him compete at such an unhealthy weight. 35 pounds is a good start but he needs to at least double that. If I were on his team I would get him out ASAP and not carry him. He can really hurt them once again down the line.
    I totally agree at his size you don't even notice a 35lbs weight loss. He really needed to have lost 70lbs to be taken seriously.

I used to love these shows so much but they just don't hold my attention or entertain me the way they used to. I think the biggest problem I have is the inclusion of SO many Fresh Meat (and now Camilla who apparently won something called the Spring Break Challenge LOL). The reason I've always loved the challenges is because the casts were filled with people we felt like we had gotten to know. We had watched them through entire seasons of either Real World and Road Rules and it was always super interesting to see what they were up to, get a full update on where they are in their life, and continue to see their personalities and stories played out. It was this that always placed the challenges above other reality shows like Survivor, Big Brother, and all the VH1 shows like I Love Money for me. I've accepted the fact that the Fresh Meat kids are here to stay and that is fine with me BUT does there have to be so damn many?!?!?! I hated the first Fresh Meat but didn't let the inclusion of that cast ruin the challenges for me.....at first. After Evan/Evelyn/Kenny/Diem/Eric became main staples of the show the challenges slowly lost their entertainment value for me. By the time the challenges got to around Inferno 3 and The Island I was so sick of all of them I could barely watch. I'm very glad that this challenge is free of the Kennys and Evans that never seem to go away but it looks like they are going to oversaturate the Fresh Meat 2 cast just like they did the original Fresh Meaters. I understand casting one or two but did they really need to cast EIGHT Fresh Meat castmembers?!?!?! You are telling me with 24 previous seasons the people who cast the challenges couldn't get more than 22 actual RW and RR alumni?!!?! It just seems crazy to me. And sad cause I really used to LOVE these shows big time.

While I am glad Kenny and Evan are not on the show, do the producers really have to spoil it and bring back CJ?

At this point there are too many people and I don't care about any of them. Theresa was a total bitch to Camilla. What was the point of making an enemy this early in the game. She thinks she is a vet after slutting it with the 2 main guys from last season? Please. Also why bring back all the Fresh Meat 2's was no one available? Or was this show taped so closely to the other that Fresh Meat 2 were the only ones available?

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;4081123;
    Theresa was a total bitch to Camilla. What was the point of making an enemy this early in the game. She thinks she is a vet after slutting it with the 2 main guys from last season? Please. Also why bring back all the Fresh Meat 2's was no one available? Or was this show taped so closely to the other that Fresh Meat 2 were the only ones available?
    LOL

FORT Fogey

I cannot believe that noone from any of the beginning seasons want a shot at money. I think the sheer immaturity that is showcased chases some off. I would like to see MTV not show such heavy partying and showcase the veterans that have not been on for awhile. I think that they feel that current viewers would not remember them, but I think they would be surprised how many people would. I think they rely too much on characters now and are lazy with casting.

+ Reply to Thread