+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ... 131415161718192021222324252627 LastLast

Thread: Real World/Road Rules Challenge: Cut Throat

Re: Real World/Road Rules Challenge: Cut Throat

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter2231;4127199;
    Finale on tonight. I'm going to be disappointed if the red team wins.

Enjoy all...
    I'll be disappointed if they win, too...but I just don't see how they can lose. I'm going to wait to see who wins before I decide if I want to watch the finale. Sometimes it's hard to watch your least favorite team win.

I would not automatically assume from the previews Red wins. THe shots of Sarah being taken out on a stretcher could be after they won, or could be just edited in a mis-leading type of way. I know Survivor definitely does things like that, edits things in a way to throw the viewer off as to what actually happens. I really don't care who wins, but I would prefer Abram, Sarah and Laurel to win slightly, just because Brad, Tori and Dumbell are just boring and lame. If Blue wins, that is fine by me too. Really don't care.

FORT Fogey

I didn't see all of the series, but from what I did see, the only one on the red team I'm happy for is Tyler, particularly since he's using the money to pay off his college loans--and I loved that it was his language skills that won it for them.

I think they should have taken Abram out much sooner and perhaps moved so quickly to remove Sarah because of that. I don't care if someone wants to go on or thinks he/she can be carried. If a person is showing signs of heat stroke or heat exhaustion, he/she needs to be declared medically unfit to continue immediately. And frankly, if the grey team hadn't carried Abram at all, perhaps Sarah wouldn't have fallen ill either.

I wonder how they figured out how heavy that mannequin the blue team carried was. It really wouldn't be fair for them to be carrying a body heavier than the logical choices on the grey and red teams.

FORT Fogey

Now I know that twenty thousand is a lot of money, but everyone other than the red team in the finale got that much, and all the team that won got more than them for all that suffering was another twenty thousand. I am not saying that is not a lot, but I would think for all the pain it would have been a little higher.

I am sorry but MTV needs to put some of these loonies to rest. It is so not endearing to see someone who clearly is a capable thinker like Big Easy trying to rationalize with someone as screwed up as Laurel. It was just a sad mess. Abram is also screwed up, but I could see his point in leaving, it was ridiculous to rationalize Laurel when at the beginning of the reunion, she was going off again.

As far as people go, I think even in all her obvious different choices about things that Cara Maria is at least tolerable as a person. I think she above anyone else on the show proved herself. I also think that Luke proved he is a trooper. Sarah waving her hand around violently to be on another show made me sick. Go get a job I am so over you.

I hate to say it too, but I do believe Johnny got screwed. He threw himself in for his turn and he got pitted in a surprse. I do not like when they screw with rules like that. I also wish he would have stuck to his guns about calling Tori a name. If Brad thinks noone can say anthing about his wife, than he better get a nicer better acting wife than.

Paula looked like a complete tool, and I did feel for her before the reunion. I hope she goes and gets some serious help, and MTV quits egging her multiple personalities to come out and move on from this hot mess.

If there is another show, I would love only Emily, Jen, Cara, Luke, Big Easy, and Camilla from this season to come back. Derrick if he wants, but he can be a jerk too at tims.

FORT Regular

That really sucked. I mean, really. It wasn't even close.
    ----
    Would the Grey team even be eligible to win? A few years ago, a team was disqualified because a member (Eric) didn't finish with them. Did that rule not apply today?
    ----
    Laurel is an ugly human being. Simple as that. She is just a disgusting, ugly person. I don't know who she thinks she is that it's okay to treat people the way she does, but it is revolting.

She faked a little humility at the end where she talked about how she needs to learn to treat people better, etc . . . but then on the reunion she's right back to sh***ing on people and not giving anyone credit.

Laurel, you disrespected Cara the entire show, but at the end she was right there with you. Meanwhile your BFF Sarah couldn't finish.

And she didn't give Luke any credit either. WTF was that all about.

Wasn't it her breaking down in tears because she couldn't remember her signs, and Luke making the judgement call that saved them?

She disgusts me. The sad thing is, she's going to become a fixture on these shows now.
    ----

Brad, again, stfu with the "I wanted to throw myself in the Gulag" crap. No one is buying it. You played the game to win, but don't act like you're a hero and your wife was holding you back.

I'm glad he and his wife are "retiring." Although . . . I sincerely doubt that to be true. I don't think she'll return, but I guarantee he'll be back within two years after they split up, or he can't find a job.

-----

Paula, please retire. You fail at life.

----

Eric, have some self respect and never go back on these shows. You will never win. There is no way that guy, regardless of his weight loss, would ever make it 12+ miles on a finale. Stop being a fratboy famewhore, and get a real job. Besides, the whole talking in third person thing sucks.

But props for not accepting Laurels fraud of an apology.

----

I've gained a newfound respect for Abram. He seems like the most straight up, legit person on these shows.

----

Overall . . . this was a generally disappointing season. The best part was CT bouncing Backpack. Other than that, there wasn't too much about this season that I really enjoyed. There wasn't any drama on the finale.

Oh well . . . anyone know when the next one will air?
    Last edited by hepcat; 12-16-2010 at 11:58 AM.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by MHcarrollton;4127781;
    I hate to say it too, but I do believe Johnny got screwed. He threw himself in for his turn and he got pitted in a surprse.
    I disagree that he threw himself in for his turn. He went in at the absolute last minute, when he and Derrick were the last men, and knowing that Derrick had enough pull/sway that Johnny could've railroaded him.

Derrick is a stronger competitor, and more popular than Johnny. Now, had Johnny volunteered before Derrick went in, then it'd be a different story.

Rest assured, if there was a third man on that team, Johnny would've manipulated people to get that third guy sent in.

The last Gulag:

Luv'd luv'd that Emily won over Paula.

Cried, cried that Derrick got sent home.

Only Sane People of this show: Derrick, Emily and Cara Maria. Oh, forgot Luke.

The Finale;

It was brutal, over 12 miles.

Laughed my ass off watching Sarah and Laurel cry and puke and whine about how hard it was, especially after watching 10 weeks of Laurel be a harsh bitch to everyone in the house. Coming down hard on Shauvon, Big Easy, Cara Maria and Luke. These girls would never have gotten as far as they had without Cara Maria and Luke. I have so much respect for Cara Maria and Luke cause they didn't whine "it hurts so much" all the way through the final challenge.

Absolute surprise: Jenn. Wow, this girl can run. Seriously, if Emily had been in a bit better shape they had a great possibility of winning. Very impressed with both these girls.

Dumbar; what a piece of slime, calling Paula a f**king bitch at her gulag. He absolutely does not deserve the money he won. Hope he loses it all. He rode Brad and Tori's coattails all throught this season.

Brad and Tori..glad to see you leave. Hope the $80,000 you won, which will be about $52,000 after taxes. Hope you lose it all trying for invitro. Their attitude left a really sour taste in my mouth.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Only saw the Laurel Big Easy part of the show. Since when did this become the Laurel Show? I 100% agree with Big Easy, if Laurel really felt sorry for her behavior she would have contacted Big Easy before the reunion. It needed to be settled and the others on the panel needed to shut up about it. Honestly, listening to Laurel say she is so over it just indicates she is not remorseful and is only getting pissed that people keep bringing it up. What an ugly girl. Hopefully the fans will always bring up the incident.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

FORT Regular

I typed a long post this morning, but I guess it didn't get approved by moderation. I think it contained the "S" word.

But yeah, Bearcata, Laural is an ugly disgusting person. After the final mission, she got all teary-eyed talking about how she learned she needed to treat people better, etc. But within 10 minutes of the Reunion, she's back to being her ugly self.

How could she not show respect to Luke? Wasn't she the one crying because she couldn't remember her signs, and he made the judgement call that saved the day?

Cara Maria finished the final, while Sarah was crying before it even started, and had to get hospitalized. Yet, Laurel was still ragging on her.

Disgusting. I hate the fact that she's likely going to be a fixture on these shows.

--------

I don't believe for a minute Brad won't be back. He says he's retiring because Tori is telling him to. But they'll either get seperated, or she'll get fed up with him not being able to hold a job or whatever, and he'll be back on within 2 years.

And please Brad, stop with the "I wanted to go into the Gulog, but the wife wouldn't let me" routine. I get that you played the game, and that several of the vets didn't go into the Gulog. But don't manipulate the game, throw people who don't deserve to go in, and THEN say you wanted to go in.

As much as I hate John Backpack, he at least has the balls to say he's manipulating the game and doesn't want to go in.

--------

Tonya needs professional help. She doesn't need to go on these shows anymore. You'll never win money and these people aren't your friends. Move on with your life.

-------

Eric... please... you'll never win one either. Props for the weight loss, but you're never going to be able to complete an 8 hour, 12 mile endurance finale, and as such, your team will (correctly) work to get you kicked off their team each and every show. Stop being a frat boy fame junkie, talking in third person, and move on to the next stage in your life. Let "Big Easy" die.

--------

Anyone know when the next season will air?

FORT Fogey

I didn't see the reunion show, as I caught the late rerun of the finale. Brad actually said he would have gone into the gulag, but his wife wouldn't let him? Oh, please. He could have told everyone to vote for him anyway. He didn't have to do what wifey wanted if he thought it was unfair or wrong. And I'd feel exactly the same way if a woman had said that she would have gone into the gulag, but her husband wouldn't let her. They're on a show where they're expected to do some tough competitions. It's part of the deal. If you have a spouse who won't let you do that, then you shouldn't be on the show.

I think Tyler was right. It was the honorable thing for Brad to make good on his agreement that if Tyler took the gulag he did then Brad would take the next one, and when Brad didn't do that, it made him look as if he were afraid or expected to have a privilege (getting to the final without doing a gulag) not extended to anyone else on the team, not even his wife. I loved Tyler telling him he'd rather earn his spot in the finale than have it handed to him by default.

+ Reply to Thread