+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 27 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718192021222324252627 LastLast

Thread: Real World/Road Rules Challenge: Cut Throat

FORT Fogey

Re: Real World/Road Rules Challenge: Cut Throat

Honestly as long as they can perform I see no problem with them continuing. My problem is the casting is all stunt and drama casting, and we are losing a lot of the people I would love a catch up with. I am over Kenny, Evan, and Johnny. Paula and Dunbar and Brad are also getting repetitive. I would love for them to go back to the older casts and entice them into being on the show with a competition and not the drama only. I want anyone who has been on a challenge more than four times to be left off for the new one.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by MHcarrollton;4126442;
    Honestly as long as they can perform I see no problem with them continuing. My problem is the casting is all stunt and drama casting, and we are losing a lot of the people I would love a catch up with. I am over Kenny, Evan, and Johnny. Paula and Dunbar and Brad are also getting repetitive. I would love for them to go back to the older casts and entice them into being on the show with a competition and not the drama only. I want anyone who has been on a challenge more than four times to be left off for the new one.
    The problem is, I think most outgrow the show.

The ones who don't are the ones who keep coming back.

But I definitely think that many eventually start families or careers that make it impossible to disappear for 3-5 weeks.

Personally, one of the big draws to this show for me is the familiarity with some of the cast. But I agree, I tend to tire of some people (Johnny Backpack, Brad, Tori, Beth, etc).

My biggest gripe about the show is how the strongest competitors don't really compete (talking about Gulags), and how the rookies are too stupid to pair up and overthrow some of the alliances that help make these games so predictable.

That has to be a mistake about Derrick being only 26, wasn't he on Road Rules back in the late 90s? I am guessing he has to be at least 30, if not 32-34-ish.

According to imdb Derrick is 27, and his season of Road Rules aired in 2004. Now that we're it's 2010, the early 00's feel like they 90's, I guess.

I wonder if my job would let met take off 4-6 weeks to film a reality show? I would do it if I thought I could make some money, that's for sure.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter2231;4126365;
    Isn't Derrick about ready to retire from these things?

I mean . . . I know some of these players compete on the wrong side of thirty, but dude is bald.
    I might stop watching when Derrick retires. He's one of the only ones left that I still love (oh Evan and Brad, how you disappoint me)

FORT Fogey

They get people to be on Survivor and Amazing Race for a lot longer who are a lot older. I cannot imagine that older castmates are all so rich that they would not love to try for money. I think the drama drinking stupidity is what turns them off. I wish they would let the show mature just a tad bit. I am sure AR and Survivor have younger fans that enjoy it without all the drinking and hooking up.

Derrick Kosinki was born 17 August 1983. Yes that makes him 27 now.

He originally was in Road Rules: Xtreme which aired in 2004, when he was 20.

He has participated in:
    Battle of the Sexes 2,
    The Inferno II ,
    The Gauntlet 2,
    Fresh Meat,
    The Duel,
    The Inferno III (Won),
    The Island (Won),
    The Ruins (Won),
    Cutthroat
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Yeah I'm losing track of time. Maybe they should dig all the old people up from the 90s, Puck, the punk rock dude from Real World London, and other interesting freaks from the early days, and maybe put them up against all the newer peeps, call it the Challenge (Fogeys vs. Fresh Meat).

FORT Regular

Finale on tonight. I'm going to be disappointed if the red team wins.

Enjoy all...

2 hours tonight, the finale and right after that the reunion show.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

+ Reply to Thread