+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 269

Thread: Real World/Road Rules Challenge: Cut Throat

  1. #111
    Unofficial Nomster Rembrant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Puerto Rico
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,084

    Re: Real World/Road Rules Challenge: Cut Throat

    Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;4104987;
    As much as I want to puke to say it but you are right. Outside of flirting with Camila. Johnny hasn't been that scheming and it is funny to see the Red Team implode on itself, losing 3 team members in one episode in one of the best equalizers I have seen in a very long time.
    I think the main reason Banas has not been a schemer in this season is mainly because since his cronies Evan and Kenny are not around, people are actually not falling for his bullcrap anymore, though it's a shame Derrick's now likely to nominate himself every time instead of letting Bananas go at it. Bleh. But yes, considering the red team's absolute idiocy, Bananas doesn't need to get scheme-ish, since they're self-destructing all by themselves.

  2. #112
    Yoffy lifts a finger... fluff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    43,485

    Re: Real World/Road Rules Challenge: Cut Throat

    I don't really know how you can scheme in this one, unless his plan is to so mesmerizer Camila that she throws challenges even though she knows she'll be going inot the Gulag.
    I thought Johnny was absolutely right when he said asked what was in it for Camila to throw challenges. She has nothing to gain.
    "That's Numberwang!"

  3. #113
    Read The Clue Bearcata's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Edge of the Beltway
    Posts
    16,068

    Re: Real World/Road Rules Challenge: Cut Throat

    Quote Originally Posted by fluff;4106466;
    I don't really know how you can scheme in this one, unless his plan is to so mesmerizer Camila that she throws challenges even though she knows she'll be going inot the Gulag.
    I thought Johnny was absolutely right when he said asked what was in it for Camila to throw challenges. She has nothing to gain.
    This is one of those situations were paranoia is what does a team in. Look at Tori going ballistic over Camila possibly flirting with Johnny B. Now everyone on the Red Team hates Camila. Some of it she did to herself not understanding that these veterans can't be calm and logical and look at the overall picture, they are all in full paranoia mode and nothing will stop it or the implosions.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

  4. #114
    FORT Regular
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    125

    Re: Real World/Road Rules Challenge: Cut Throat

    I've watched every episode, but this is my first post. I havent' read the entire thread, so I'll likely say a few things that have already been covered:

    First, does anyone think the Gulog between Brandon and Derrick was set up? By that I mean, each Gulog they have played a new game. The wrestling away the rings game was the first repeat, and it was a game that catered to Derricks strengths.

    The black helicopter conspiracy theorist in me thinks they decided on that game after Derrick was named as going in, because they didn't want the blue team to be knocked down to one man, because if a team loses all their guys (or girls), then all future Gulogs could be comprimised.

    -----------

    The red team is in shambles. They are retarded. Why in the world should Brad and Tori get a free pass to the finals? And I'm sorry . . . but Brad is not that great of a competitor. He's above average, sure. But he isn't anything special. I hope this team comes up short.

    -----------

    I can't stand Bannanas. He's just scum. That is all.

    -----------

    Interested to see CT return, and what his role will be. I initially thought he was going to be replacing Chet, but that isn't the case. From the previews, he was wearing a black shirt and not a specific teams colors. And it looked like it was in a Gulog. I'm not sure what to make of that. Should be interesting. Him, Landon, and Alton have been the strongest competitors I've ever seen on these shows.

    -----------

    I wish the producers would work harder to putting together teams of solid competitors. People like Shauvon (for example) have no business being on the show. They're weak players, and they rob the show of it's competitive drama.

    ------------

    I missed the last season of this show. Not sure the name, but it would have aired sometime between February 2010-August 2010 (turned my cable off during that time). Does anyone know how I could watch it? Do they sell the seasons anywhere?

  5. #115
    FORT Fogey mindy384's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    1,865

    Re: Real World/Road Rules Challenge: Cut Throat

    Quote Originally Posted by Hunter2231;4107666;
    I've watched every episode, but this is my first post. I havent' read the entire thread, so I'll likely say a few things that have already been covered:

    First, does anyone think the Gulog between Brandon and Derrick was set up? By that I mean, each Gulog they have played a new game. The wrestling away the rings game was the first repeat, and it was a game that catered to Derricks strengths.
    Production and TJ have clear favorites (particularly Johnny, Derrick, Evan and Kenny). I also think they often encourage people to vote a specific way (otherwise we would have seen a newbie/rookie revolt at some point) to keep things in line. Everyone knows Derrick can wrestle and I imagine that production wanted to keep him around because he is a big fan favorite, a recognizable figure and someone that they like. Also, there is HUGE chance that you are right about this:


    The black helicopter conspiracy theorist in me thinks they decided on that game after Derrick was named as going in, because they didn't want the blue team to be knocked down to one man, because if a team loses all their guys (or girls), then all future Gulogs could be comprimised.
    -----------

    The red team is in shambles. They are retarded. Why in the world should Brad and Tori get a free pass to the finals? And I'm sorry . . . but Brad is not that great of a competitor. He's above average, sure. But he isn't anything special. I hope this team comes up short.

    The people on RED are sharing about 7 brain cells. Brad and Tori will get an easy ride to the finals because they have Dunbar and Paula (who both suck) who are so afraid of the gulag that they will give them their automatic votes no matter what to save their own skin. The only danger is towards the end when Dunbar and Paula may need to line up against Tori/Brad--that would be interesting to see who gets tossed in.

    And, for the record, Brad used to be a really likeable guy but since he got together with Tori he is a whinny ninny that annoys the crap out of me.
    -----------

    I can't stand Bannanas. He's just scum. That is all.

    He is a piece of work and when he is with the trio of suck (Evan, Kenny and Johnny) he is particularly despicable. Unfortunately, this season, he is one of the only guys actually THINKING so I can't despise him as much as I usually do.
    -----------

    Interested to see CT return, and what his role will be.

    I have a spoiler on this so [anyone] feel free to PM me.
    -----------

    I wish the producers would work harder to putting together teams of solid competitors. People like Shauvon (for example) have no business being on the show. They're weak players, and they rob the show of it's competitive drama.

    Wont happen--too entertaining to watch these pieces of lard fail every time. If I wasnt an athletic person I think I would have too much self-respect to ever appear on one of these shows and take a beating every single time. These kids are mostly unemployed and immature (and fame whores), however, and MTV appearances become their sole source of income.
    Last edited by mindy384; 11-17-2010 at 11:48 AM.

  6. #116
    FORT Regular
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    125

    Re: Real World/Road Rules Challenge: Cut Throat

    Quote Originally Posted by mindy384;4107745;
    Wont happen--too entertaining to watch these pieces of lard fail every time.

    Maybe. But I think if teams were full of solid competitors, then there would be a lot more drama in the competition, and the deliberations as to who gets thrown in the elimination games would be great.

    You're going in, and you have to chose between Alton, Landon, CT, Abram, Wes, Brad, Bannanas, etc.

    Who you taking?

    As it is now, almost all the elimination rounds are both predictable as to who gets in, as well as who will end up winning.



    Quote Originally Posted by mindy384;4107745;
    These kids are mostly unemployed and immature (and fame whores), however, and MTV appearances become their sole source of income.
    I agree with this 100%.

    I mean, you have to be a fame whore to even try out for the Real World. But most people who do that are 19-22 years old.

    Some of these people on these RW/RR challenges are on the wrong side of 30.

    At what point do you call it quits and try to focus on a career?

  7. #117
    Read The Clue Bearcata's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Edge of the Beltway
    Posts
    16,068

    Re: Real World/Road Rules Challenge: Cut Throat

    I can't believe Dunbar won the gulag he is normally useless in these challenges. Poor Camila. I was hoping Laurel would fall off her dice cube. While she is a good athlete she is not all that and I am glad that she got sent to the gulag and hopefully will go again next time. Her sense of entitlement is really annoying. Does it really help team unity to constantly tell Cara Maria to "go home". I think deep down she really wants to be a hairy drunk guy. She certainly has the personality for it.

    I do wonder if Camila would have won the gulag would she really have listened to Derrick and Johnny Bananas and thrown the next challenge. Why would she do that? She would just be voted in again.

    Seriously, what is with Tori and Brad not even trying. I would have voted both of them in on performance alone. What performance you say? Exactly.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

  8. #118
    FORT Regular
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    125

    Re: Real World/Road Rules Challenge: Cut Throat

    Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;4108364;
    I can't believe Dunbar won the gulag he is normally useless in these challenges. Poor Camila. I was hoping Laurel would fall off her dice cube. While she is a good athlete she is not all that and I am glad that she got sent to the gulag and hopefully will go again next time. Her sense of entitlement is really annoying. Does it really help team unity to constantly tell Cara Maria to "go home". I think deep down she really wants to be a hairy drunk guy. She certainly has the personality for it.
    She's a disgusting person. The way she attacked Eric (drunk or not) was one of the most malicious, unprovoked, personal attacks I've ever seen. I mean, it brought Eric to tears for crying out loud.



    Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;4108364;
    I do wonder if Camila would have won the gulag would she really have listened to Derrick and Johnny Bananas and thrown the next challenge. Why would she do that? She would just be voted in again.
    She would get voted in no matter what she did. She was the red teams best female competitor, but they kept throwing her in.

    In a sense, I'm glad she went in because, while I know Paula will be the next sacrificial lamb in the Gulog, I can at least root for Tori somehow, someway, finding herself in there.

    And at Tori for saying she was glad to see Camila go because she was a liability for the team.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;4108364;
    Seriously, what is with Tori and Brad not even trying. I would have voted both of them in on performance alone. What performance you say? Exactly.
    For some reason, they've been deemed as being untouchable. It's unexplainable, and unjustified.

    Neither has done anything for their teams . . . but they talk and talk about how they Player A or Player B needs to prove themselves. Give me a break.

  9. #119
    Read The Clue Bearcata's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Edge of the Beltway
    Posts
    16,068

    Re: Real World/Road Rules Challenge: Cut Throat

    Who was it that said "pathetic little girl" about Cara Maria during Cara Maria and Abram's turn on the high wire? They only took 6 min and 5 sec to do the challenge. That is not pathetic compared to any other times, especially Johnny's and Theresa's 16 plus minutes and Tori and Brad's DQ and let's not forget Dan's fall. It may have even been the fastest time.

    Cara Maria may not be the most athletic but she is a much better physical player than Shauvon and is steady. 'Sides she is not a sloppy drunk like Laurel.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

  10. #120
    FORT Regular
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    125

    Re: Real World/Road Rules Challenge: Cut Throat

    Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;4108601;
    Who was it that said "pathetic little girl" about Cara Maria during Cara Maria and Abram's turn on the high wire? They only took 6 min and 5 sec to do the challenge. That is not pathetic compared to any other times, especially Johnny's and Theresa's 16 plus minutes and Tori and Brad's DQ and let's not forget Dan's fall. It may have even been the fastest time.

    Cara Maria may not be the most athletic but she is a much better physical player than Shauvon and is steady. 'Sides she is not a sloppy drunk like Laurel.
    I didnt' catch who said it, but they were saying that Abram was dragging her accross the wire.

    From what I saw . . . every 2nd person was being dragged accross.

    Also, they discounted how good a job she did by holding on while Abram fell down the first time.

    That said . . . it's obvious Abram is keeping her around because they bump uglies.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.