+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Real World/Road Rules Challenge: Cut Throat

Re: Real World/Road Rules Challenge: Cut Throat

Quick question: there was a challenge a while back where Frank from RW: Las Vegas and Jillian from RR: Xtreme met and fell in love. I'm thinking it was the Gauntlet 3. Anyways, I remember Frank and Jillian were bullied and made to be the outcasts by their team. My question is, was Tori on that team and one of the main people that alienated them? I can't remember for sure but I'm having a nagging feeling it was her!

Quote Originally Posted by Ace Medallion;4102796;
    Quick question: there was a challenge a while back where Frank from RW: Las Vegas and Jillian from RR: Xtreme met and fell in love. I'm thinking it was the Gauntlet 3. Anyways, I remember Frank and Jillian were bullied and made to be the outcasts by their team. My question is, was Tori on that team and one of the main people that alienated them? I can't remember for sure but I'm having a nagging feeling it was her!
    I'm thinking you are right on this one.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

We're an episode behind in Canada, but once I saw Tori was in the cast I figured it was a matter of time before she'd show the entitled, bitchy princess behavior she's exhibited in the past.
    I get tired of seeing rookies picked off one by one and vets pompously declaring that the rookies need to "prove themselves".
    "That's Numberwang!"

FORT Fogey

Some of the rookies needing to prove themselves stuff works for me. I mean, we all know Derrick and Brad are incredible competitors and assets to their team, and in that case it's dangerous to send them in early. However, throwing Brandon in, again and again and again, just because he's a rookie was ridiculous. I get that they need to prove themselves.... but once they have, it should be done. Why not throw Tyler or Dunbar in?? I would feel a need to keep Brad because he is good, but neither Dunbar nor Tyler is spectacular.

Surprisingly, the Blue team has treated the "rookie" situation with the most grace. Their biggest mistake came when they saved Ty over Eric, but I do get being uneasy about having him on your team for a final. In that respect, he had proven himself more than Ty, in a negative way.

I have never been impressed with Dunbar, he is much like Ty, all talk and no show. He was just as viable candidate for the Gulag as Brandon.

What the heck happened in this episodes of the aftershow, it started out with one group all supporting Camila (Tyler, Derreck, Jenn and Laurel) and ended with another group (Dunbar, Paula, Laurel and ?) all putting down Camila. That was weird.

FORT Fogey

I think that depending on how you look at it, Camilla could be very dangerous to a team. It didn't make sense to me that she would vote in Brad. Why vote in your most seasoned, best player?

However, Tori's reaction to it was based not on the strategic stupidity of her move but "how dare you vote for my husband". And her comments were "she disgusts me" not "if she's working for the good of the team, why would she vote for our best player?" And, in all fairness, Brad did say it wouldn't be Camilla in the Gulag. And it wasn't.

Quote Originally Posted by tears.and.rain;4103203;
    I think that depending on how you look at it, Camilla could be very dangerous to a team. It didn't make sense to me that she would vote in Brad. Why vote in your most seasoned, best player?
    Camilla did say she voted on challenge performance alone. Of course, almost everyone in that team is a retard, so it's not like they'll understand. What has Brad done during this season to showcase his worth for the team? I haven't seen anything, personally. He hasn't outperformed anyone, he hasn't done anything totally awesome or special so far, he's been just average at best.

In fact, other than the cramp Brandon got during the swimming challenge, I'd say Brandon was the one outperforming Brad, and that that was one of the reasons Brad was so dead-set on sending Brandon to the Gulag every single time, he's too arrogant to admit that someone newer to these challenges is stronger than him.

I don't want to let one negative thing outweigh all the positives, but the way Brad behaved on The Ruins did sour me towards him. The way he attacked Darrell was ridiculous.
    "That's Numberwang!"

As much as I despise Johnny Bananas I have to give him credit--hes like a shining star this season! And, no matter what, at the end of the day he may not keep his word and be a scheming SOB but he makes perfectly logical decisions. Despite my personal feelings, I know Johnny will keep good players around if there is a team final and he doesn't care whose feelings are hurt because of it--he is 100% there to make money and he doesn't hide it. On 'The Island' he chose Evelyn to be on his boat (throwing paula aside like a worthless rag (which she is) even though they had an alliance) to ensure that he had the strongest possible team rowing for the money--and he won. I suppose it all boils down to this: at the end of the day, if youre one of the strongest competitors and its not an individual comp. (particularly for guys) you know where you stand with Bananas...and thats not something we can say with the morons on the red team.

Quote Originally Posted by mindy384;4104582;
    As much as I despise Johnny Bananas I have to give him credit--hes like a shining star this season! And, no matter what, at the end of the day he may not keep his word and be a scheming SOB but he makes perfectly logical decisions. Despite my personal feelings, I know Johnny will keep good players around if there is a team final and he doesn't care whose feelings are hurt because of it--he is 100% there to make money and he doesn't hide it. On 'The Island' he chose Evelyn to be on his boat (throwing paula aside like a worthless rag (which she is) even though they had an alliance) to ensure that he had the strongest possible team rowing for the money--and he won. I suppose it all boils down to this: at the end of the day, if youre one of the strongest competitors and its not an individual comp. (particularly for guys) you know where you stand with Bananas...and thats not something we can say with the morons on the red team.
    As much as I want to puke to say it but you are right. Outside of flirting with Camila. Johnny hasn't been that scheming and it is funny to see the Red Team implode on itself, losing 3 team members in one episode in one of the best equalizers I have seen in a very long time.

+ Reply to Thread