+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Real World New Orleans 2

FORT Fogey

Re: Real World New Orleans 2

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;4027381;
    We always complain that this show isn't what it used to be, but you know what's funny? I'm really enjoying this season more than past ones. I did appreciate how Murray tried to bring the show back to its serious roots, but did that really work? For some, it worked with Brooklyn, but I began to really dislike that season towards the end. What about DC? That season just got really annoying about midway.

With this season, I'm having a change of heart; I used to want every season to be a serious season, but I think every season should be like this one. It's obvious that these guys want to party and have fun, so what's the point in trying to hide that in each episode? We know that they're not fooling anyone when they try to edit these guys as serious career-driven individuals who only focus on the importance of their future.

But have you noticed how the editors manupilate the cast's immature antics into a weighty topic? Like McKenzie's heavy drinking... on other seasons, it would have only been mentioned that she drinks a lot and the storyline would have been done. But now they're actually making a point of it, how it's very dangerous that she always blacks out when she drinks. It's sort of a subliminal message. Knight and Jemmye's relationship is another one like this. Normally we would just write it off as another hook-up, but there's actually something deeper there. With this one, it's the topic of relationships and how its difficult to decide what's best for you.

So it's like a good combination between immature antics and weighty issues. I say, good season so far.

Oh, and don't get me started on the whole Ryan/Preston thing. They're both immature twats, although Preston came out of it looking better than Ryan.
    I am actually enjoying it too. I haven't been watching very regularly, but if Mckenzie always passes out when she drinks, that's really bad, and should be a big deal.

Maybe I like it because Sahar (I think that's her name) is what Emily from DC could have been. I thought it was great that she got to go and see/meet this artist that she admired so much and then set up something to meet with her, which could actually further her career. And I, personally, thought her singing voice was pretty. Jemmye has grown on me quite a bit as well. I think I'm going to go back and actually watch all the episodes.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Sahar sounds like she has adenoid issues. If she wants to sing, she should have that evaluated. A quick visit to an ENT person should be invaluable.

Poor Jemmey....she messed up when she didn't stop Knight's rude/inappropriate talk from the first day that he started it. She needs to lay him out now! We teach people how to treat us. I've never seen a better example of that phrase. Like Barney Fife was fond of saying, "Nip it in the bud!"
    Last edited by prhoshay; 08-11-2010 at 10:54 PM.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

what the heck is mckenzie's deal????

The drug fiasco this week should have been addressed better than it was. Perhaps they will get to the bottom of it next week. Hate to see Eric lose it-I guess 3 Ryans are just way too much even for a seemingly chill guy like him.

I don't know if Knight had anything to do with the missing pills. M didn't know how long her pills had been gone and that would make the drug test useless. Knight would know this. I find it odd that he didn't attack Ryan for saying he took them but attacked Sahar for it. Was it because Ryan was speaking the truth?

Why they heck is M still carrying around pills she claimed she had for a year and a half? What's the purpose of that? She said it was from when she had her tonsils removed. Would you need to carry percocet for that a year and a half later? Doesn't sound right to me. Feel free to let me know if this is normal.

They have to have some (if not all) of these things on camera. If so, Ryan should be kicked out. You can't go around stealing meds. It's bad enough they let him get away with the credit card thing, and then the things that he and Preston did to one another. The line is just getting thinner and thinner by the moment of what you can get away with doing to someone else on television.
    "Worrying does not take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace".

-Unknown Author-

They did show Ryan pilfering around the drawers in the dark with a flashlight. I think the PTB are building a case against him, just waiting for him to hang himself. I would think that they wouldn't think real kindly of Ryan calling the police, after his disgusting behavior of rubbing Preston cigarettes on his butt. He was the cause of all the friction. Granted Preston did not respond maturely.
    Welcome to the party
    Team Ward

Quote Originally Posted by KeepItReal;4050524;
    Why they heck is M still carrying around pills she claimed she had for a year and a half?
    That was kind of odd. This is the girl who tells us that she always blacks out when she drinks, that everybody in her family, and everyone she knows does the same thing.

So she's already sort of plunged me into major hmmm... mode.

Now this week, she says she's been carrying 6 percocets around for a year and a half - in a bottle of Claritin!

Helpful pharmaceutical safety tip: If it is your custom to get drunk, whether you black out, or just wish you did, keeping each medication in its own bottle can be a terrific way to avoid throwing an antihistamine at a sprained ankle - or treating sinus unrest with a pain pill - or a laxative, depending on just how many different ones you have cozily sharing one container.

The drug fiasco this week should have been addressed better than it was.
    That was the other big guffaw of the episode - this big drama about 6 percocets, and concern that this dude who had been to rehab as a result of overuse of percocet OR this total wackjob who apparently has made some reference to recreational use, would have SPLIT them up, 3 each.

This is kind of like suggesting that an alcoholic is going to get all excited over sharing a teaspoonful of rum with his favorite binge buddy.

But to be fair, this kind of thing has been going on since the 1960s. Just about every piece of media intended to persuade young people to abstain from recreational use of any and everything becomes a "camp classic."

The line is just getting thinner and thinner by the moment of what you can get away with doing to someone else on television.
    The one that really fills me with dread that one day something tragic will happen and ALL our beloved trashy reality shows will be taken from us is The Bad Girls Club.

They always say that the kids get psychological screening, blah blah, but with BGC - and some seasons of Real World, like this one, it is obvious that the casting people went out of their way to make sure to include some "volatile" individuals - and incendiary combinations of people - who can be counted on to be completely unpredictable stuff courtesy of their anger management and other issues.

All it takes is for one of them to throw one thing too hard one time, and have it hit somebody in the head...
    One man's conspiracy is another man's business plan.

FORT Fan

Sorry, I need to stop everyone for a minute to point out one thing:

McKenzie is the one who has the problem with blacking out when she's been drinking. Ashlee is the one who had the pain pills.

Okay sorry, but I had to mention that because it's not like McKenzie is mixing alcohol and pain meds and that's why she blacks out-she just drinks way, way too much.

Also, I don't find it that strange that Ashlee would keep the pills for that long, or bring them with her. A lot of people I know do the exact same thing-for one, those types of pills can be pretty expensive, so it seems a waste to throw them out just because you don't use them all right away. If you keep them, you can use them later if you have some minor aches that you don't want to go to the doctor about. I had leftover painkillers from a back problem and used them about a year later when I messed up my knee. It may not be the recommended thing to do, but it's actually fairly common among people my age, and I'm only a couple years older than most of this cast.

FORT Fogey

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. I've had several surgeries and I think I still have some Tylenol with Codeine around somewhere. I keep it in case of a toothache or earache!

But, Percaset is a pretty heavy drug, isn't it?

Another good question is, how did anyone even know that the percoset was in the Claritin bottle? If there was percoset mixed in with Claritin, or even just in there by itself, isn't it equally likely someone went to steal a Claritin and accidentally got a percoset? Or that Ashley herself accidentally took them as Claritin? I just don't get it.

Thanks to pretlitdev for setting me straight on which one is which!

Quote Originally Posted by tears.and.rain;4051220;
    ...how did anyone even know that the percoset was in the Claritin bottle? ...
    Because Ashlee (I have now learned, not McKenzie) mentioned it talking on the phone to somebody.

Also, even though I had her identity wrong, I didn't mean to imply that she was mixing the pills with alcohol, at least not on purpose.

I mean, yes, I was being snarky about it, but it is really a bad idea for anybody to put different kinds of pills in one bottle whether they drink or not, or what happens when they do, if they do!
    One man's conspiracy is another man's business plan.

I also have old pain meds, but I don't carry them around whenever I go away. That's the part that made me go "hmmmm". Even if I were to go away for 3 months of filming I don't think I'd grab my year and a half old percocet.

The whole scenario just felt like a set up with the narcotics and the recovering addict and the current wacko in the house. Had this been a Bravo show I'd be thinking it was scripted.

Thanks for the correction on who the pills belonged to. Sadly, a couple of the castmembers still are a part of the scenery for me.
    "Worrying does not take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace".

-Unknown Author-

+ Reply to Thread