+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Real World New Orleans 2

Re: Real World New Orleans 2

New episode just aired! I don't think I've laughed with a Real World episode as much as I have before.

I like Eric. He has these funny quips here and there. I can see why he claims to be "pretty good" at stand-up comedy. Hopefully he'll remain this chill funny guy throughout the season. I don't want to go through another season of this show with a completely unlikable cast. The last time I truly liked a person from beginning to end is Brianna from Hollywood. That was 2 years ago!

Ryan is so compelling. That's the best word I can describe him with without being negative. For one thing, the blow-drying thing was just weird. Who does that? I will say that I was glad that it seemed that he and Knight squashed their whole fight during the guys' night out... until the editors showed him rubbing his asscheeks on Knight's bed sheets. But as cringeworthy and fascinating he is, he makes for great television. I wouldn't want to live with him though.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

I adore Eric and Preston... they're both proving to be quite the comedic relief.

Ryan and Knight... I didn't care for either of their pre-show interviews and they're both proving me correct. Ryan's just an arrogant drama queen (and yes, I've had the same belief as you all that he's possibly in denial about his own sexuality) and Knight's just a big lunkhead. But I was very impressed last night that Knight decided to be the bigger man and apologize to Ryan. He was able to acknowledge that, while "back home" his buddies would just get over a fight the next day, Ryan obviously didn't have that same understanding. Major brownie points in my book, but he's still a tool.

Sahar.. I do like the local girl right now, but I hope she doesn't prove to be the tease with Eric.

Ashlee is actually quite likeable. I liked her comment about Ryan being a bit "extra." Cute term.

Mckenzie... was she truly in this eppy? Just a couple of quick views.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

FORT Fogey

I thought I liked all the girls so far, but forgot about Mckenzie... is she still there?? She's just boring. I feel like the "good girl" lots of times turns into the "judgemental girl".

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;3969676;
    Ashlee is actually quite likeable. I liked her comment about Ryan being a bit "extra." Cute term.
    I forgot about Ashlee when I was typing my post! Yeah, I like her also. Eric and Ashlee are definitely my two early favorites.

As for McKenzie, I think she's going to her own big storyline soon. That's what the previews indicate, at least.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

FORT Fanatic

I totally believe that Ryan is okay with gay cuddling. Not gay kisses but full on cuddling is okay. And I totally believe that he isn't making this all up for screen time ( the blow drying, the MY POOR SHOULDER, ect). I believe he is really this dynamic of a person and not a special snowflake cast as the weirdo on the show.

So no comments on this week's episode???? Ryan is a jerk! But I think McKenzie was kind of leading him on as well and if she was that into him she should have made it clear to her friend.

FORT Fanatic

Ryan is so homophobic it makes me want to puke. Also now that we see what he does to Preston's cigs I am not as disgusted with the peeing on the toothbrush thing. That is still vile but not as bad seeing that Preston is really being driven crazy by this jerk and said jerk committed a vile act first.

I felt dirty watching the last episode. There were like, 4 hook-ups! This season is definitely a party-oriented season as opposed to a deeper season like Brooklyn or DC.

I did feel for McKenzie when her best friend left without saying goodbye. I mean, what's up with that? You travel the country to visit your friend, and you leave by 1) hooking up with her worst roommate and 2) not even telling her that you're leaving the city?

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;3987351;
    I did feel for McKenzie when her best friend left without saying goodbye. I mean, what's up with that? You travel the country to visit your friend, and you leave by 1) hooking up with her worst roommate and 2) not even telling her that you're leaving the city?
    Did she really travel to get there? I figured she lived in NO after McKenzie called her a cab and had her leave and then she showed up again the next evening? I thought she just went home and came back...would they have gotten her a hotel room? I thought when friends came to visit they typically stayed in the house with the cast. (I may just be confused because this is only the second season I have watched).

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher;3987706;
    Did she really travel to get there? I figured she lived in NO after McKenzie called her a cab and had her leave and then she showed up again the next evening? I thought she just went home and came back...would they have gotten her a hotel room? I thought when friends came to visit they typically stayed in the house with the cast. (I may just be confused because this is only the second season I have watched).
    McKenzie is from Florida, so I would assume that her friend is also from there since she kept saying how close they've been for many years. Okay, so maybe she didn't travel the country, but it's still a fair distance away.

Yeah, she was staying in a hotel, as I heard McKenzie mention that during the show. I don't know why she didn't just stay at the house; they've had guest bedrooms in past seasons. Maybe they didn't have one this season?

+ Reply to Thread