+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Real World New Orleans 2

Re: Real World New Orleans 2

Definitely excited for this! I was hoping for an all-new location, but New Orleans seems promising. I'm also wondering if their job (if they have one) will be focused on community service-related work.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Reading the cast Bios... they indicate on a couple of them that they will be working with a Hurricane Katrina relief group.

Looks like an interesting cast. I'll once again start watching from the beginning and hope they keep my interest.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

While we're on the subject, has anyone recently traveled to New Orleans with an organization to help with the reconstruction? I'm thinking of signing up next year, so I'm curious about how anyone's experience was.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

FORT Fanatic

Tonight is the season premiere

FORT Fanatic

So...Hairdresser Ryan is trying to be the new Puck right?

I really liked the premiere! The season seems promising.

Jemmye reminds me of the girls that I negatively judge in high school, but once I get to know those girls personally, they almost always change my opinion. I don't know, that's the best way I can put it. She seems a little too wild for my taste, but at the same time, she's pretty funny. I think she's going to provide a lot of laughs.

Ryan is nuts. Where did they find this guy? My first impression of him was that he was a pretty chill guy, but then his true colors came out when he was roomed with Knight. He did all he could to not room with him and later referred to him as "Meathead". That's a pretty harmless name, especially when it comes to The Real World. But these guys literally just met, so how would he really know how Knight is? Then, of course, all hell broke loose later on with Preston. Preston's no angel either though. I think they both overreacted.

Don't really have an opinion of the others just yet. Knight seems alright so far. McKenzie just seems like that typical nice girl, except the whole blacking out quickly thing. Eric and Ashlee seem like the two I would most like to hang out with. I would love to do what Eric does, with a career in international relations while doing stand-up on the side. And I predict that Sahar, as beautiful as she is, will become the background character, unfortunately.

One last question: Whenever they reuse a location, they would say "Back to..." (Back to New York) or they would focus on a specific part of the city (Hollywood [LA], Brooklyn [NYC]). So why is MTV referring to this season as "The Real World: New Orleans"? It's as if the first season in NO didn't exisit.

FORT Fanatic

I enjoyed the first episode, more than he whole D.C. season, but I only watched maybe two episodes! Looks like they chose some real characters; alittle over the top for the first episode, but looks as fiery as the city!
    RIP....Kevin 11-29-09

I only watched through to Eric and Ashley arriving at the house. I will finish it tonight.

The house is AMAZING. I was wondering the same thing, if they were going to go back to the "old" NO house. That's not it, right? The old one was right on the street, basically seconds from the trolley, this one is all fenced in and landscaped.

So EIGHT kiddos this season, don't they usually do seven?

They all seem like good kids. Knight and his drug issues, I so hope he can stay clean.

I hope "Puck" is not here this season ... ugh?

To CrossingGuard, my son went 2x to NO with Habitat for Humanity with his college on (2) Spring Breaks. He absolutely fell in love with NO and loved all that HH stood for in helping these people effected by Katrina! Bravo to you, sign up for sure.
    KAREN

FORT Fanatic

I love New Orleans and go there every year for a party weekend. They also dropped them in there right as Mardi Gras starts which also is when the Saints win the Super Bowl. Theres gonna be some crazy partying going on the first 2 weeks.

Ryan managed to piss off the entire house in one night. That has to be a record. It took Puck a solid month before that I think. What a complete ass this guy is. Personally I think hes gay and refuses to come to terms with it. What did he think was going to happen flirting in the gay bar? His insults to both of them were way out of line. Id be surprised if he lasts the whole season or if someone punches his lights out.

Everyone else seems pretty cool. I initially didnt think I would like Preston because he seemed to be over the top gay guy but as the epi went on, he became a lot more normal and less of a character. It looks like they broke away from the cookie cutter "jacked frat guys" and "smoking hot model chicks" for this season. Knight even seems to be a little chubby which is something I dont think theyve allowed in a house in years.

I dont know if anyone else noticed but they are a good 5 miles from the French Quarter. When they zoomed out, you couldnt even see where it was. I guess thats probably a good thing cause it keeps from them just wandering down to Bourbon St whenever they want. They kinda have to plan it to get down there.

FORT Fogey

Ryan has issues. Don't they have to pass tests to get on the show? Jemmye is ... lol! Well, maybe I just have to get to know her. None of the girls are likable so far. I'm sad that there isn't much eye candy. Eric is okay but looks way better in pictures. For the women, Sahar and McKenzie are pretty but McKenzie looks like a high school freshman. I also don't see any characters that I will love for years to come. Where is Coral when you need her?

+ Reply to Thread