+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Real World New Orleans 2

Re: Real World New Orleans 2

I just watched the finale, reunion, and S#*! They Should Have Shown episodes. None of them were amazing and actually somewhat boring, but I still think that this season was a huge improvement over DC and Cancun.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

FORT Fogey

I think this season was kind of boring... at least in DC and Cancun there were some big personalities amongst them.

Really? I'd argue that this season has some very strong personalites. From Ryan to Jemmye, from Knight to Preston. Ashlee was also pretty interesting and was surprisingly shown a lot for a less-vocal personality. The only duds this season were McKenzie, Eric, and Sahar.

But this season started to wane when Ryan was kicked out and the show started focusing heavily on Sahar. Why her? I got really tired of the whole singer backstory... I mean, who goes to NOLA to try and start a singing career? The only time when the "I wanna make it in Hollywood" storyline made sense was in, of course, Hollywood. But after that season, we've had an aspiring singer every season, and I just don't get it. I think the producers need to drop that role and find more characters that can hold up a season, such as Ryan (a toned down version though), Jemmye, Knight, Preston, and Ashlee (you need an Ashlee-type character to have someone to like ).

DC and Cancun may have had characters, but every season does. My big problem? There was not one likable cast member from either season. Even from Brooklyn, which I think is a vastly overrated season and would argue that Hollywood was much better. Things just got too overdramatic in DC and Cancun, and everyone was just annoying. This season was so much better than those two and Brooklyn IMO.

BTW, next season is in Las Vegas. It seems like they're doing a lot of repeat cities now.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

I didn't really find any of them to be truly boring. If you're going to toss a Ryan type at me I find an Eric type to be quite refreshing. It offers a nice balance.
    "Worrying does not take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace".

-Unknown Author-

i can't stand sahar!

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;4075474;
    Really? I'd argue that this season has some very strong personalites. From Ryan to Jemmye, from Knight to Preston. Ashlee was also pretty interesting and was surprisingly shown a lot for a less-vocal personality. The only duds this season were McKenzie, Eric, and Sahar.

But this season started to wane when Ryan was kicked out and the show started focusing heavily on Sahar. Why her? I got really tired of the whole singer backstory... I mean, who goes to NOLA to try and start a singing career? The only time when the "I wanna make it in Hollywood" storyline made sense was in, of course, Hollywood. But after that season, we've had an aspiring singer every season, and I just don't get it. I think the producers need to drop that role and find more characters that can hold up a season, such as Ryan (a toned down version though), Jemmye, Knight, Preston, and Ashlee (you need an Ashlee-type character to have someone to like ).

DC and Cancun may have had characters, but every season does. My big problem? There was not one likable cast member from either season. Even from Brooklyn, which I think is a vastly overrated season and would argue that Hollywood was much better. Things just got too overdramatic in DC and Cancun, and everyone was just annoying. This season was so much better than those two and Brooklyn IMO.

BTW, next season is in Las Vegas. It seems like they're doing a lot of repeat cities now.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;4075474;
    Eric was likeable. Too bad we didn't see more of him

Brooklyn was not overrated, as it dealt with a lot of real issues and Baya was very likeable (too bad she didn't get much airtime) Mike & Callie from DC were likeable. The other 6 were either just meh to just annoying. No one was likeable on Cancun though. New Orleans 2 was a good season

It's just a matter of opinion then. Yeah, Brooklyn had "real issues" but they all took a back seat to the battle of the sexes storyline. I mean, we had Ryan's deployment and Katelynn's gender transition, but all of that became overshadowed by prank after prank after prank. Towards the end of that season, everyone constantly bickered and took their arguments to the next extreme (remember JD's breaking of the table?). All of it was unnecessary, and it really soured my opinion on that season.

And anyway, every season has dealt with "real issues." I've noticed that Murray had been listening to older fans' complaints about the show turning into a display of immature antics. Ever since Hollywood, he has since went back to the show's old roots in focusing on deeper storylines while also still satisfying the younger audience by still showing those immature antics from time to time. It's a good mix of both. The point is, all of the recent seasons have had "real issues." Hollywood had Joey's drinking problem. Cancun had Ayiiia's cutting habit. DC focused on Mike's acceptance of his sexuality. And this season had Knight's drug habit and Jemmye's history of physical abuse. There are other deeper storylines in all of these seasons, but these are the ones that come to mind right now.

But glad we agree that NOLA2 was a good season.

Quote Originally Posted by KeepItReal;4075510;
    I didn't really find any of them to be truly boring. If you're going to toss a Ryan type at me I find an Eric type to be quite refreshing. It offers a nice balance.
    Personally I didn't either, for the most part. But I blame the editors for not showcasing enough of McKenzie and especially Eric throughout the season. As for her Sahar, her story was either really boring (becoming a singer), or you just wanted to smack some sense into her (staying with Pablo).

FORT Fogey

Maybe I just didn't watch regularly enough to really get into it. I did find Knight and Eric to be interesting at first, and the pretty girl from Boston - Ashley?

I'm on the fence about this season of the Real World. Yes, it was much better than some of the recent, crappier seasons of Real World (Washington DC, Denver, Philly) but at the same time it came nowhere near being the amazing show that Real World has shown it can be during seasons such as Boston, Miami, and even the original New Orleans. Now that its completely over I think this is how it ranks for me in terms of other seasons:

Miami
    Boston
    New Orleans
    San Diego
    Paris
    Key West
    Chicago
    Brooklyn
    Las Vegas
    Back To New York

Hollywood
    Austin
    Hawaii
    Sydney
    Cancun
    Back To New Orleans
    Seattle
    Washington DC
    LA
    New York
    Denver
    Philly
    London
    San Francisco

The bolded seasons at the top would be the seasons I just absolutely LOVED!!!! Miami, Boston, New Orleans (the original!!!), and San Diego will always be my favorite seasons of Real World. I don't think they will ever top the cast dynamics and entertainment value of those four seasons.
    Last edited by Ace Medallion; 10-09-2010 at 07:02 PM.

I still think that if NOLA2 had a better conclusion, we would all think that it was a very good season. It all deflated once Ryan was kicked out (which I found unfair) and started to focus heavily on Sahar. I know I got sick of him and so did everyone else, but he was the primary character of this season, for better and for worse.

I just looked back in this thread, and there was a lot of discussion about Ashlee's pills. I figure that she had them because it'll illegal to throw them out and then brought them to New Orleans just in case something were to go wrong. It doesn't hurt to be safe. That's just a guess though.

+ Reply to Thread