+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Real World New Orleans 2

Re: Real World New Orleans 2

i don't get it???? what difference does it make what she was prescribed them for . . . . i had my tonsils removed as an adult and trust me, it was extremely painful.

Quote Originally Posted by redsox girl;4061390;
    I was being rhetorical in that she was sharing pain killers obtained not because of chronic pain but because she had her tonsils removed over a year ago. Not exacly a chronic pain conditon.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by redsox girl;4061966;
    A lot of teenagers and young adults are sharing meds wether it's ritalin or pain killers or what have you, anything to alter a mood. Kids are overdosing because of it and in some cases, dying. I'm just saying a girl who gives out her pain meds like they are tic tacs is hardly an innocent and no better than Ryan. It also kind of freaked me out that her mother was so blase about her daughter sharing prescription medication. There are all sorts of issues like allergic reaction, dosage amount, not knowing if the medication she gave him could have fatally interacted with something else in his system, like all that alchohol they injest. This past June I went camping with some friends and their two teenaged girls went to a camp dance, injested some ritalin and ativan given to them by friends(along with a bit of alchohol) - we spent most of the night looking for them along with campground security-they were found stumbling in the pitch black, disoriented and very very sick. They could have easily been raped, fallen into the water and drowned, been murdered, who knows what... I guess the whole Real World situation just really hit home for me.
    That's all very true and you're entirely right. I was just saying, as I think buttahfly is, that lots of people keep their pain meds after surgery. That in and of itself is not so bad. Sharing prescription medication with someone is never a good idea. So that was wrong.

But it's not a contributing factor to this. I'm not understanding your leap from, she gave him one once to it's her fault he stole them?

What a dumb season
    A cat changes coming home to an empty house to coming home

i found the season kind of odd . . . . . esp after the finale . . . . there were so many things they didn't really focus on . . . . like preston and the one girl's radio job - i honestly didn't think they were doing it anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by taracran;4062704;
    What a dumb season

Quote Originally Posted by buttahfly;4062913;
    i found the season kind of odd . . . . . esp after the finale . . . . there were so many things they didn't really focus on . . . . like preston and the one girl's radio job - i honestly didn't think they were doing it anymore.
    I thought the same thing

Quote Originally Posted by buttahfly;4062173;
    i don't get it???? what difference does it make what she was prescribed them for . . . . i had my tonsils removed as an adult and trust me, it was extremely painful.
    This is simply a case of miscommunication as I never wrote that having your tonsils out isn't extremely painful. I never suggested in any way that a person shouldn't be prescribed pain medication for such surgery. I did say holding onto old prescription pain medications and giving it to other people is unwise and dangerous. It's also illegal. Other posters sated this, as well. Due to her age, I find it `suspect' that the girl is holding onto leftover painkillers that were prescribed over a year ago for a pain issue which was short term. Prescription drug abuse(particularly in regards to old/leftover meds) and sharing of prescription drugs is on the rise with young adults, particulalry among girls. As a result unintentional overdoses/deaths from prescription drug use/sharing have risen sharply during the last few years. My rhetorical remark had to do with this issue. Not with your own experience or any othe posters legitimate reasoning for having/keeping old prescritpion meds. I did say the cast is annoying, irresponsible and immature and that their combined actions overall make them no less annoying than Ryan, imo. I cited several examples of individual and collective behavior which was, imo, just as bad as Ryan's behavior. I think there's an issue of miscommunication here that's all. I apologize.
    " I have a simple outlook-leave every person I meet with a smile on their face."-Donny

Quote Originally Posted by tears.and.rain;4062634;
    That's all very true and you're entirely right. I was just saying, as I think buttahfly is, that lots of people keep their pain meds after surgery. That in and of itself is not so bad. Sharing prescription medication with someone is never a good idea. So that was wrong.

But it's not a contributing factor to this. I'm not understanding your leap from, she gave him one once to it's her fault he stole them?
    I never meant to imply that it was her fault Ryan chose to steal her medication. I obviously did not express that clearly enough, so I apologize. What I did say is that her decison(independent of Ryans choice to steal)to give her meds to someone is irresponsible and dangerous. Yes, stealing is illegal, but so is sharing prescription meds. Other posters pointed that out, as well. Ryan didn't have an adverse reaction, but just because nothing`bad' happened doesn't make what she did any less wrong, stupid, dangerous or illegal. what she did was never intended to be the focus of my original post. IT was one of the many passing examples I gave describing multiple acts of stupidity commited by house mates other than Ryan- as in `Pot, meet kettle.'
    " I have a simple outlook-leave every person I meet with a smile on their face."-Donny

FORT Fogey

Well, when you said she was "hardly an innocent and no better than Ryan" it made it a little unclear that the two points were separate.

But yes, she was certainly irresponsible to give out prescription drugs, and anyone who took them was being equally irresponsible. If, for example, McKenzie took a prescription that was written at a strength appropriate for, say, Knight, she could get really, really sick, allergies and conflicting medications aside.

that reunion was something, lol. i really dislike sahar after watching it.

I'm so tired of hearing about Ryan! I am just glad this season is over.

+ Reply to Thread