+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Real World New Orleans 2

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: Real World New Orleans 2

What I liked was that Preston was ready to fight him a couple of times, and was not backing down. I honestly believed that Preston would have taken him down with no problem. Ryan's problems are going to follow him wherever he goes; his family needs to be straight with him and lay the cards on the table. I think it's just a matter of time before those close to him get real with him. How long can they (and we're hoping that they are sane) tolerate him?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I felt awful for Sahar this week. Her boyfriend is really a jerk. She is claiming that he cares about her, but this guy was telling everyone that he didn't care about seeing her perform, was clearly hitting on other girls, and then proceeded to get falling-down drunk before she went on stage. Does he want her to break up with him, or does he just think that she won't no matter what he does?? I was very happy the Eric talked to her and got her in a good frame of mind before she performed. I think this band has a style she is far more comfortable with than the first group she tried. I really hope the roommates have a heart to heart with her about Pablo and how much better she can do.

I am disappointed to see that Ryan is going to be returning to the house next week. They should NOT let him back in - BOO!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Maybe, if we're lucky, somebody will finally sock him!!

If ever there was a time to do it, it is now, at the end!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher;4058154;
    I felt awful for Sahar this week. Her boyfriend is really a jerk. She is claiming that he cares about her, but this guy was telling everyone that he didn't care about seeing her perform, was clearly hitting on other girls, and then proceeded to get falling-down drunk before she went on stage. Does he want her to break up with him, or does he just think that she won't no matter what he does?? I was very happy the Eric talked to her and got her in a good frame of mind before she performed. I think this band has a style she is far more comfortable with than the first group she tried. I really hope the roommates have a heart to heart with her about Pablo and how much better she can do.

I am disappointed to see that Ryan is going to be returning to the house next week. They should NOT let him back in - BOO!
    Oh Sahar's BF was a jerk. His friends told I think Knight that Elie gets more a@@ than a toilet seat ... OMG! I hope someone tells Sahar that, because she was thinking that they were a couple and that he has been true to her while she was in NO! Ummm,

Ugh and Ryan RETURNS ... :nono
    KAREN

None of these people are better than Ryan. None of them. They are all whiny, gossipy, ill-mannered, selfish, lying, self-absorbed drug dependent hypocrytes. Their behavior is abhorant. So, I guess, for me, imo, Ryan is the scapegoat. I'd also like to add there's something going on in his head that has less to do with being a jerk and more to do with needing some help. Ryan is the convienient target for everyone because he doesn't or can't mask his behavior the way the others do. I mean really, all of them are drunks, the guy, Knight, who went to rehab is still abusing drugs (and yes alchohol is a drug) so I have absolutley no respect for him. The girl sleeping with him has no self repsect as she puts up with his constant drinking and abuse. Then you have the girl giving her prescription drugs away and then acting offended when the drugs are stolen. She's effectively a drug dealer in the eyes of the law and she should have been arreseted and prosecuted. SO many kids are dying from misusing prescritpion drugs how can they not be aware of the problem? Had something happened to Ryan she would have been held responsible. I mean who holds on to major pain killers for over a year after having their tonsils out unless they are up to no good.
    Sometimes it is better to be kind than it is to be right

oh, and then dismissing and playing down the fact that the girl who sleeps with Knight hit him is hypocrytical. Imagine if the situation was reversed? You don't hit. Period. Then they are too good to sleep outside with the people they feed. Their attitudes are so dismissive.Ryan is absolutley no worse than the rest of these kids.

i do. and i'm def not up to no good.

Quote Originally Posted by redsox girl;4058398;
    I mean who holds on to major pain killers for over a year after having their tonsils out unless they are up to no good.

Quote Originally Posted by buttahfly;4059957;
    i do. and i'm def not up to no good.
    I was being rhetorical in that she was sharing pain killers obtained not because of chronic pain but because she had her tonsils removed over a year ago. Not exacly a chronic pain conditon.

FORT Fogey

True. But lots of people keep them around in case of emergency. My mother always kept my pain meds from my various surgeries in case one of us got a very bad earache over a weekend. I used to get them so bad I couldn't sleep at night, and regular tylenol just didn't cut it. Of course, they were in her room, we didn't have immediate access to them, so their use wasn't based on the discretion of teenagers...

Quote Originally Posted by tears.and.rain;4061478;
    True. But lots of people keep them around in case of emergency. My mother always kept my pain meds from my various surgeries in case one of us got a very bad earache over a weekend. I used to get them so bad I couldn't sleep at night, and regular tylenol just didn't cut it. Of course, they were in her room, we didn't have immediate access to them, so their use wasn't based on the discretion of teenagers...
    A lot of teenagers and young adults are sharing meds wether it's ritalin or pain killers or what have you, anything to alter a mood. Kids are overdosing because of it and in some cases, dying. I'm just saying a girl who gives out her pain meds like they are tic tacs is hardly an innocent and no better than Ryan. It also kind of freaked me out that her mother was so blase about her daughter sharing prescription medication. There are all sorts of issues like allergic reaction, dosage amount, not knowing if the medication she gave him could have fatally interacted with something else in his system, like all that alchohol they injest. This past June I went camping with some friends and their two teenaged girls went to a camp dance, injested some ritalin and ativan given to them by friends(along with a bit of alchohol) - we spent most of the night looking for them along with campground security-they were found stumbling in the pitch black, disoriented and very very sick. They could have easily been raped, fallen into the water and drowned, been murdered, who knows what... I guess the whole Real World situation just really hit home for me.

+ Reply to Thread