+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718192021222324 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: The Hills - MTV

Re: The Hills - MTV

Quote Originally Posted by chitex3;3974529;
    I watched the marathon, and I agree Heidi was very pretty and natural. She had a it of spunk, and a spine. Then the surgeries and Spencer took over, and wow she's like a waxed figure.
    Oh, ITA, I was watching reruns of Laguna Beach a few weeks ago, and LC had met Heidi at school and brought her home to LB to visit and she looked so beautiful, natural not plastic.
    KAREN

So tonight is our last night ever. Is everyone going to watch?

I actually have been DVR'ing the City as a replacement show and finally watched most of the episodes from this season and I totally see what you guys mean about it being much more substantive than the Hills. It barely focuses on their dating lives at all but focuses more on fashion which is much more interesting. I'll post more about it in it's own thread but I can see how, in comparing the two, the Hills has just devolved into superficiality that just isn't worth it any longer.

I also caught a few of the early episodes of the Hills in the marathons they showed this weekend and they did show their jobs much more often in earlier seasons - particularly Lauren and Whitney working at Teen Vogue. Currently, the only one who's job they show is Lo's at Smashbox, I think. And I'm not sure all of them even work - like Kristin and Brody.

I guess Lauren will be at the finale after show so it will be interesting what she has to say, paricularly about Speidi.
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

I'm watching as we speak, chrisg

I think they had to give up following them at work when Kristin became the central character because I don't think she does anything that anyone would reasonably recognize as being a job.

Spencer's "threatening" to turn up to the after party and walk the red carpet.
    As much as I dislike him I hope they let him.
    Speidi was a big part of the show for a long while, if they can get along in close proximity I think they should both be there.
    Last edited by fluff; 07-14-2010 at 08:22 AM.
    "That's Numberwang!"

I think it's hilarious that Brody just said he was going to take the summer off to fish and surf and enjoy himself, because in November he's got a couple of meetings lined up to figure out what happens next. Can't say I blame him. All those pool parties and tropical vacations and girlfriends must be exhausting.

I thought it was rather mean of The After Show to run a pre-surgery Montag montage during Holly's interview portion.
    She was clearly upset by that. I thought it was tacky.
    "That's Numberwang!"

I stopped watching the Hills awhile ago. But I'm ding to know, what was the surprise ending everyone was talking about?

They stopped focusing on jobs because they started paying the kids anywhere from 20k-75k an episode (depending on the person)!Add in their minor celebrity around town and paid appearances (which can be anything from 10-50k for a couple hours) and they were doing alright

Quote Originally Posted by reneekk;3981202;
    I stopped watching the Hills awhile ago. But I'm ding to know, what was the surprise ending everyone was talking about?
    Reneekk, I think the surprise ending was that they admitted that the show has a lot of scripting in a pretty cool way by showing Kristin and Brody talking about her leaving town and Kristin getting in a car and driving off with Brody watching, but then you see that behind him was only a backdrop, that they were on a set and Kristin's car came back and she hugged Brody and the rest of the crew was clapping, like 'scene well done' and 'that was a wrap' type of thing.

I felt terrible for Holly watching her sister pre-surgery and back when Heidi actually displayed real human emotion unlike the plastic, vacant shell she's become. It's hard enough for us to see Heidi then and now like that and it was cruel for them to do that to her sister.

No Justin Bobby in the final episode but he was on the after show. And it's no surprise that Audrina is no longer working in the music industry but going out on auditions now. I think in addition to potentially being paid for appearances, they also were paid increasingly by the show. It was rumored that Spencer got a check for something close to $750k, or at least $600k, when he and Heidi were bumped from the show.

And Speidi didn't crash the after show, but I'm sure they'll be out on the gossip sites today trying to tell 'their side of the story'. I wonder what they'll come up with.

My favorite part of the night was when Lauren was talking about the first season when she had to choose between the Teen Vogue summer internship in Paris or spending the summer with Jason and she chose Jason. When she said "Always choose Paris" I loved it!
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

Wow! I'll have to try and catch them both. Thanks so much chrisg!

Spencer was outside the after show! I just saw video of him on one of the entertainment shows in a disguise. Signing autographs in disguise!

+ Reply to Thread