+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021222324 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: The Hills - MTV

Re: The Hills - MTV

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;3927518;
    Not sure how you can say with such confidence what "everyone" will do.
    I will watch the rest of this season, but can't think of a single spin-off they might produce that would interest me.

I would have thought the same thing about Laguna Beach yet here we are

Different kettle of fish, imo.
    After Laguna Lauren was about to start a new life, moving to a new city, hopefully starting a new job and going to college.
    That makes for a potentially interesting show.
    I have no idea what they could possibly spin off from The Hills now as no one appears to do much of anything.

So, scripted last night. McKaela just happened to bring along Kristin's apparent arch nemesis to Stephanie's party?
    Audrina just can't shake herself from Justin Bobby's spell.
    "Spike" just isn't cutting it.
    I wonder why she's crying in the previews for the next show.
    Looks like she went to see one of his gigs. Perhaps she didn't get a warm welcome.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Is Audriana going to go back with JB ... omg, that girl will never learn!
    On the flip side, Ryan and Audriana ... naa. JB is !!!!

Kristen is a LOSER ... Brody and her "friends with benefits" ...

Kristen yelling at that girl, Allie about breaking into Brody's house and exclaiming "I KNOW CUZ I WAS IN THE BED" ...

AND Brody needs to get a life ...

I thought that young lady, Mckaela was lovely ... Lo seems to like her. What an ODD way to spell one's name ... must be L.A.

Best part of the whole show ... NO SPEIDI!!!
    KAREN

McKaela does seem sweet.
    I don't know what Kristin's beef with Allie was, other than that she allegedly broke into Brody's house.
    That's Brody's issue to deal with, I don't really see any reason for Kristin to be so annoyed by it. Unless there's a lot more to the story.

Brody just loves being at the centre of girl drama.
    It didn't seem as though McKaela had any idea about the break in or that Brody and Kristin didn't like Allie. Brody being so rude to her at the club was completely unnecessary, but, she saw how he treated Kristin when she was first introduced to the group, she can't be surprised that he's a bit of an ass.
    He acted as though she'd deliberately brought Allie to the party to annoy him.
    Obviously the whole show is scripted, set up and staged, but not by McKaela. Brody shouldn't have taken his anger out on her.
    Speak to the producers who probably sent out a casting call for people who have issues with Kristin since there's not much other conflict going on now she's friendly with Audrina and Stephanie.
    "That's Numberwang!"

FORT Fogey

I would watch a spinoff of Audrina. I like her. There's a little more "bad girl" to her - even though she seems to be a sweetheart - that would be kind of different from the other "leads" we've seen so far. i.e. Lauren, Whitney, etc. I, also, like McKaela. Besides being nice, she's smart. If I remember correctly, she said her BA is in Art History? Regardless of that, she seems pretty articulate. I was also thinking it's too bad she came into the show late, as I think she probably could have become a central "character." She seems like someone who could even carry a show.

A show with Audrina as the central figure would only interest me the primary focus was on her job with Epic.
    If we saw her scouting bands and saw them go through the process of being signed to contracts and recording, I would probably enjoy that.
    I'd be watching that because of the content of the show though, not because Audrina was involved.
    They could do a show like that with someone who actually has some influence in the industry and is in a position to sign acts.
    I'd watch that show.
    "That's Numberwang!"

FORT Fanatic

Isn't Brody dating Avril in "real life."?
    RIP....Kevin 11-29-09

FORT Fogey

A show with Audrina as the main "character" wouldn't be any less watchable than Laguna Beach, The Hills, The City. We don't get to see any extensive day-to-day happenings of anyone's job, yet people tune in to watch. Although Lauren had a semi decent work ethic, she never seemed to really enjoy what she was doing. She seemed to either be bored or stressed that the work was too much. Much of the show centered around her guy drama or friendship drama. People continued to watch even after Lauren left, and they don't really show much of anyone else's work. Occassionally, we see Lo at Smashbox in front of her computer or a brief studio scene. We saw bits and pieces of Heidi at Bolthouse. People still tune in to watch. We get to see more of Whitney or Olivia at work, but again, not the true day-to-day happenings.

They would have to make changes in order to interest me.
    I'm sticking with this season purely out of habit and because I would like to see how they end the show.
    I would not watch a spin-off that was exactly the same but just with Audrina as the central figure.
    We'll never see the true day to day happenings because they all have made for tv jobs.
    Their employers want the advertising that comes from having MTV cameras in the work place.
    "That's Numberwang!"

FORT Fogey

Actually, Whitney had the job at Teen Vogue before Lauren/The Hills came aboard. She also worked at W magazine, and somewhere else that I don't remember.
    You, myself, and others were still watching the Hills while Lauren was still there, so there was still some interest beyond seeing how the series ended.

eta: I only made the point of how we weren't really shown much of anyone's jobs b/c you had mentioned you would be interested if they showed Audrina scouting bands, the process of getting signed, etc. More content. Yet we weren't really ever shown much of anyone's jobs on The Hills etc, but people still watched. You said you wouldn't watch a spinoff that was exactly the same, yet with another person, but you do watch The City, which is a spinoff that's pretty much in the same vein as The Hills. Others might watch a spinoff of Audrina or someone else.
    Last edited by daiseyo; 06-11-2010 at 07:31 PM.

+ Reply to Thread