+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021222324 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: The Hills - MTV

Re: The Hills - MTV

Quote Originally Posted by reneekk;3922490;
    I saw a post that the Girls Next Door twins are going to be their roommates and on the show too. Those girls a a real mess themselves. A show all about famewhores, awesome.
    Can you imagine a show with only famewhores?? Kate would be in for sure. Who else? They would be all over themselves trying to steal every scene.

It is just plain scary to think there would be enough interest in the latest Heidi nonsense to warrant a new show, but then they're still around waaaaay past their already-too-long 15 minutes, so who knows.

I've missed the past couple of shows but I should be able to watch last week's before they air this week's show. I agree with everyone who says this Speidi split is a total scam but am hoping, as Juls said, that maybe some time away will give Heidi a real reality check. People.com has this to say about Speidi and apparently Lauren isn't coming back for the finale:

Hills' Gals: Spencer Pratt and Heidi Montag's Split Is a Lie

For those losing sleep over Speidi's separation, the joke may be on you. Several of Heidi Montag and Spencer Pratt's Hills castmates say the duo's breakup is just another one of their publicity stunts.

"I think it's a joke," Audrina Patridge told PEOPLE at the MTV Movie Awards in L.A. Sunday. "I don't believe it. They're inseparable and in love."

Also questioning the validity of the split is Hills-turned-City gal Whitney Port. "I doubt they're really broken up," she said. "I'm sure they're still sticking together."

While there's no official word on whether or not the Pratts will return to The Hills for the final episodes, costar Lo Bosworth thinks Montag and Pratt are hoping a sham split gives them more tube time. "I don't buy it," she said. "I've worked with them for too long, and they haven't been filming, so I think this is a way they think they can get back on the show for the last few episodes.

One person definitely not coming back is the show's original star Lauren Conrad.

"She was on the show for awhile and it was her spinoff, so it'd be nice if she could come back for the finale and say one last goodbye," Patridge said. "But she doesn't want to, so that's fine."
    Hills' Gals: Spencer Pratt and Heidi Montag's Split Is a Lie - Couples, TV News, Audrina Patridge, Heidi Montag, Spencer Pratt, Whitney Port : People.com
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

I think they're at the point where they just aren't folling anyone anymore.
    I hope the reality show in the works is a complete disaster, or better yet doesn't even make it to air.
    Audrina was still trying to find a buyer for her show last I heard, perhaps Heidi's will be equally unsuccessful.

I'm not surprised Lauren won't be coming back.
    The show should have finished when she left, imo. Kristin just can't keep this show together.
    She was more interesting in her Laguna days when being a bitchy girl who did nothing was more acceptable.
    Even with all their millions, Lauren's parents still had her work a job. I think that helped instill a solid work-ethic in her.
    I don't recall ever seeing Kristin do anything other than shop, sunbathe, go on trips and talk about boys. That's pretty much what she's still doing. There's been very little growth that I can see since the Laguna days and that makes her an uninteresting central character for this show, imo.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Yet everyone will continue to watch each episode until it is over and then whatever spin off comes out of it

Not sure how you can say with such confidence what "everyone" will do.
    I will watch the rest of this season, but can't think of a single spin-off they might produce that would interest me.
    "That's Numberwang!"

KAREN

From what I've heard this show is totally 100% fake and scripted just like any other soap opera, with maybe a tad bit of ad libbing in dialog thrown in. One tell on stuff like this is to look at how its filmed. If the filming is very professional and beautiful looking, then its probably shot on film (Big Panavision cameras) which means its scripted and fake. Real reality is shot on video. THis is because film is very expensive and the reels only last about 12 minutes per. You can really only shoot scripted stuff on film. Reality would eat up wayyyyyy too much film. So if it looks like a movie, it probably is just that, a fictional movie/tv show.

The show has never really been very realistic.
    There were often reports from the public that they were in restaurants where everyone was held up so scenes could be reshot.
    Heidi didn't just happen to bump into Audrina at their apartment complex either, she was cast to be on the show.
    There are literally dozens of examples one could name where the show was obviously scripted and agree with you, ActMax that the fact it's shot on film is also a giveaway.

Still, I've enjoyed the show over the years, well, the Lauren years.
    I was never really into the drama of it, but I enjoyed seeing Lauren at work, even though every job was given to her because of the show.
    I'll stick with it for the remainder of the run just to see how they end things.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Nothing wrong with that. I've been in the industry and you would think with my background I would loath "reality" tv. But its actually about my favorite type. I mean if you give me a great scripted show I'll watch, but they just don't make too many of those these days. Give me total trash TV anyday. It's just more entertaining for some reason.

And some day, when the little boy cries wolf for real, no one will pay any attention....

+ Reply to Thread