+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: The Hills - MTV

Re: The Hills - MTV

I agree with Momrek, the crazy act is entirely fake. It may not be that the producers set it up (although clearly they're not above that sort of thing if they wanted a fake-divorce storyline), but I have no doubt that Heidi and Spencer concocted this to get more air time. They wrote a book about how to be famous, for goodness sake. Spencer bragged about playing "the villain" on talk shows and in "I'm a Celebrity." This is their franchise.

I do believe that Spencer is a total tool, that he's controlling and his alienated Heidi from her family, but I think he's only "deranged" when the cameras are rolling.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

I think the stuff with the crystals is all nonsense, but I do think Spencer tearing-up in the club was genuine. He looked so sad to me and I can't pass that off as acting.

Heidi seems to have lost all feeling.
    She doesn't even really react when Spencer starts one of his rants and I do't think she's acting calm at those times either, she just seems so dead behind the eyes.
    "That's Numberwang!"

I'm sure the show is scripted but I still think Spencer is nuts. He is clearly flailing for attention but his isolating behavior isn't healthy, and I think he's capable of some pretty dangerous stuff, once his 15 minutes of fame are blessedly over.

Let the Wild Rumpus begin JustJuls's Avatar

I don't think Spencer (or Heidi) loosing it is scripted AT ALL. Those two have completely gone off the deep end. Who would want to look like a plastic barbie just for ratings for a stupid TV show? She has serious problems....and so does he. The best thing they can do is to stay out of the limelight and try to piece back their lives off camera. Hopefully they will do that....but I have major doubts they can stay away from the cameras.
    When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, the World will know Peace

Quote Originally Posted by JustJuls;3909281;
    I don't think Spencer (or Heidi) loosing it is scripted AT ALL. Those two have completely gone off the deep end. Who would want to look like a plastic barbie just for ratings for a stupid TV show? She has serious problems....and so does he. The best thing they can do is to stay out of the limelight and try to piece back their lives off camera. Hopefully they will do that....but I have major doubts they can stay away from the cameras.
    What's scary is that they seem to think they can ride the fame bus forever, and don't seem to be making any effort to figure out what they're going to do to make it in the real world. I think that's why the behavior is getting weirder by the minute.

Look, I live here in Southern California and whether I want to or not, we turn on the tv and there they are ...

Now I live in San Diego and very close to Camp Pendleton and just last week they were both there touring the Camp with some of the Marines. So of course, it winds up on our local news ...

They were interviewed ... there is NOTHING wrong with these two. Every single thing they do is for the CAMERAS. PERIOD.

Have a look, they are absolutely fine, cordial, respectful to all at the Camp.
    Heidi and Spencer's Day at Camp Pendleton News
    KAREN

Quote Originally Posted by Pandora2;3909348;
    What's scary is that they seem to think they can ride the fame bus forever, and don't seem to be making any effort to figure out what they're going to do to make it in the real world. I think that's why the behavior is getting weirder by the minute.
    I think they're all like that on this show.
    Lo apparently has a job, or she did last season, she's also college educated.
    Beyond her I have no idea what any of them does for a living, apart from Stacie "the bartender".
    Brody obviously doesn't need to make money as he's likely set up with a nice little trust fund, but what the rest of them will do after this show ends I don't know.

Kristin doesn't appear to have anything going on in her life, which is why this show has become so dull, imo.
    Even though she's a potentially more interesting central figure than Lauren, Lauren had plenty going on in her life. Kristin seems to spend her time shopping, clubbing and lunching. There's never even a mention of anything else.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;3909423;
    I think they're all like that on this show.
    Lo apparently has a job, or she did last season, she's also college educated.
    Beyond her I have no idea what any of them does for a living, apart from Stacie "the bartender".
    Brody obviously doesn't need to make money as he's likely set up with a nice little trust fund, but what the rest of them will do after this show ends I don't know.

Kristin doesn't appear to have anything going on in her life, which is why this show has become so dull, imo.
    Even though she's a potentially more interesting central figure than Lauren, Lauren had plenty going on in her life. Kristin seems to spend her time shopping, clubbing and lunching. There's never even a mention of anything else.
    ITA ... no one has any goals on the show hence time for MTV to close the chapter on The Hills.

All that eating, clubbing, drinking, shopping just gets so boring.
    KAREN

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06;3909433;
    ITA ... no one has any goals on the show hence time for MTV to close the chapter on The Hills.

All that eating, clubbing, drinking, shopping just gets so boring.
    This is why I now prefer The City.
    It's interesting to me to see Whitney launching her line, even though I suspect the process has been rather unrealistic given that being on the show has likely presented her with opportunities that other young designers would never get.

I think they could have kept the show going if they'd selected someone else to be the central character, although who that might have been I'm not sure.

Last I heard Aurdrina's reality show was still being shopped around so I'm not sure that's ever going to see the light of day.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06;3909419;
    Look, I live here in Southern California and whether I want to or not, we turn on the tv and there they are ...

Now I live in San Diego and very close to Camp Pendleton and just last week they were both there touring the Camp with some of the Marines. So of course, it winds up on our local news ...

They were interviewed ... there is NOTHING wrong with these two. Every single thing they do is for the CAMERAS. PERIOD.

Have a look, they are absolutely fine, cordial, respectful to all at the Camp.
    Heidi and Spencer's Day at Camp Pendleton News
    Unfortunately, being able to fake normalcy when it suits you is no indication of mental health. A lot of abusers can turn it on & off at will. And IMO, there is something sick at play when you call the cops on your MIL -- especially if it's just for show.

+ Reply to Thread