+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: The Hills - MTV

Re: The Hills - MTV

Quote Originally Posted by RealityRealmer;3904566;
    despite the deranged Pratts, I have to say the little elephant riding Enzo is absolutely adorable and hilarious! I just hope the lad isn't scarred for life living next door to the looney Crystal Pratts!
    He really is a total cutie pie.

So did Heidi really say "Who am I without Spencer?"

This also seems like it may have been their last episode before the show stopped taping them.
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

Quote Originally Posted by chrisg;3908080;
    So did Heidi really say "Who am I without Spencer?"

This also seems like it may have been their last episode before the show stopped taping them.
    She did! She also said all men are controlling, so apparently she thinks it's perfectly normal when your husband doesn't allow you to watch TV or go online, and only lets you read poetry and pet puppies all day.

Yes, she did

I found this episode very sad.
    When they were in the club and Spencer got teary-eyed when Brody was talking to him Spencer really looked lost to me.
    Like he was very confused and unhappy. Most of us think of Spencer as the bully in the relationship, hard-nosed and uncaring, but he looked very vulnerable to me at this moment and I felt a little scared for him. I thought I might enjoy watching him unravel but it appears I don't.
    There's something not right going on with him. He seems untrusting of everyone and rather paranoid.
    I have no idea why he launched on Audrina like that and aren't sure he knows either.

Poor Kristin, she did such a good job of convincing Audrina to commit to Ryan, clearing the way for Kristin to get to Brody, but now Brody's brings a new female into the mix next week.
    Kristin should probably accept that he's not (apparently) interested in her beyond friendship.

Go back to Justin Bobby, Kristin. I want to see him even if you don't.

Did anyone see The After Show?
    Holly Montag might claim to have given up the booze, but she seemed like she was on something. Very odd behaviour.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;3908107;
    Did anyone see The After Show?
    Holly Montag might claim to have given up the booze, but she seemed like she was on something. Very odd behaviour.
    I thought the very same thing. She just seemed out of it, and like she was losing her train of thought at times. It must be terrifying to watch a family member in Heidi's situation, and I feel for all of them. She is in so far over her head she can't see straight.

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;3908107;
    I found this episode very sad.
    When they were in the club and Spencer got teary-eyed when Brody was talking to him Spencer really looked lost to me.
    Like he was very confused and unhappy. Most of us think of Spencer as the bully in the relationship, hard-nosed and uncaring, but he looked very vulnerable to me at this moment and I felt a little scared for him. I thought I might enjoy watching him unravel but it appears I don't.
    There's something not right going on with him. He seems untrusting of everyone and rather paranoid.
    I have no idea why he launched on Audrina like that and aren't sure he knows either.
    I thought the same thing watching this episode.

Honestly, at first, I rolled my eyes when I saw him tear up because I really do/did think that Spencer is/was abusive towards Heidi especially since she doesn't react to his outbursts. However, I thought about it and really wondered whether he is having a very serious mental break down (he is not that good of an actor for this to be for show) which I find very sad.

I don't think Heidi helps because I think she lives in la la land (and I don't mean California) and either puts on blinders or is so self involved with getting herself perfect that she can't see what's going on with her husband. I guess, I view her no differently than a person who is married to an alcoholic and enables it by going to the liquor to buy him beer/liquor. She needs to get him help because he clearly needs it...but then so does she so I guess that's not going to happen.

Is it true they won't be on much this season (A previous poster mentioned that)? I hope that's true and Spencer's gets help outside the crystals.

Why did he go off on Audrina? I always thought she was the person that didn't pick sides when it came to Lauren and Heidi? I wonder if it's because she is friends with his sister.

Kristin is disappointing me. She is usually so in control when it comes to men but she is losing that control with Brody. He's not that awesome!!

You know, I will watch this season through the finale BUT it just is CRAP ... the ENTIRE Speidi business is alllllllllllllllllllll SCRIPTED. TOTALLY.
    Of course, it is JMHO ... but there is no other word for it BUT that it is all FAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Watching Spencer at the nightclub and listening to Heidi talk is just CRAP!!!! Complete and utter crap!!!!

So bye bye HILLS, when Lauren left the show it completely NOSE-DIVED!!!!
    KAREN

I do think that it's a very uncomfortable, potentially scary situation that Speidi have created. That being said, I too believe that most of it is scripted. This was filmed so long ago that all one has to do is check out newsrags to see their newest shananagans. There are some points though that I really think they've truly lost it.

As far as the situation with Speidi being scripted, I just don't see the point if they're gone from the show since the point of the script is to create a storyline and bring in ongoing ratings. If they're off the show, now, there is no longer either as far as they're concerned so it just isn't logical from a scripted standpoint, IMO.

We should know over the next few weeks if they are indeed off the show and if anything was contrived last night I think it was that meeting at Kristin's where they all talked about cutting Speidi out of their lives. If they aren't going to be on the show any longer, there needed to be some sort of on screen explanation and closure for that and so that meeting with all of them was likely organized by the production staff.

I did see Holly on the after show and she did seem kind of tweaked. Maybe it is just nervous anxiety over the whole thing with Heidi and their Mom, though. And she did have pretty good reflexes when she caught her ring that she dropped when she walked out.
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

I think the situations are scripted but I don't think Spencer's crazy is. There's a genuine pained/conflicted look in his face that I'm not even sure a seasoned award winning actor can act out.

+ Reply to Thread