+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: The Hills - MTV

Re: The Hills - MTV

I think it's scripted in the sense that relationships didn't just come about organicially.
    Heidi didn't just happen to run into Audrina at the apartment building, Stephanie didn't just happen to be doing the same course as Lauren at FIDM and Kristin doesn't just happen to be friends with Stacie the Bartender, to give just a few of many examples.

Spencer and Heidi's descent into madness seems real enough to me, although I don't know what's behind Spencer's change in behaviour.
    We know he manufactures drama and photo ops for himself and Heidi, but I'm not sure what he would have to gain from faking this meltdown we're seeing.
    The crystals thing seems odd, but the way he's going after Holly in the previews looks real to me.
    Who knows though? I wouldn't be surprised either way.

As much as I've enjoyed this show over the years I can see why they're bringing it to a close.
    I don't think Lauren was irreplacable as the central character and on the face of it Kristin seemed like a great sub, but imo she hasn't lived up to the hype.
    She hasn't brought a lot of drama like she promised either, not that I thrive on seeing that, but she just hasn't been very interesting to me as the main figure.
    Lauren had boyfriend issues, school and various jobs during her time on the show, Kristin brought the boyfriend dilemmas last season and this season looks drugs will be a central theme for a few episodes, but Kristin doesn't seem to have much else going on.
    There isn't a lot in her life of substance to build a series around, or if there is MTV is choosing not to show it.
    All the players this season are coming off as though all they have is a social life.
    "That's Numberwang!"

I don't really see any advantage to the Spencer meltdown being orchestrated, either. And what they showed in the previews are classic abuser red flags like when Heidi tells Holly, 'You can always call me' and then Holly says, 'We don't even have your number and he's always around you'. One of the biggest signs psychologists always say to look out for is if you or a relative/friend is dating a guy that isolates a woman from friends/family because that increases his control and power over the individual. So that combined with what Heidi has done to herself physically has me genuinely worried for her. Hopefully it is just faux drama for her sake.

Conversely, I think I annoyed people last season with my theory that Kristin is a feminist role model. I truly believe that, though, because she is so strong in her relationships with guys. She's the kind of person who will never let a guy have the upper hand in a relationship and I think that women need to see more examples of that in other women even if Kristin has been shown to be manipulative as well and the obvious ideal is to have a relationship of equals at some point.

I guess the continuity of the show did drop way off when Lauren left, though. And I'm pretty sure the ratings did too so maybe that's why they're deciding to call it a day. I can't see Speidi off TV, though. If MTV doesn't want to do a spin-off around them, won't they just go to VH-1 since VH-1 will air pretty much anything? Wait, I just had a full circle moment -- Maybe Spencer is orchestrating his own faux meltdown in order to secure a spot on Celebrity Rehab!
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

Quote Originally Posted by chrisg;3895970;
    I don't really see any advantage to the Spencer meltdown being orchestrated, either. And what they showed in the previews are classic abuser red flags like when Heidi tells Holly, 'You can always call me' and then Holly says, 'We don't even have your number and he's always around you'. One of the biggest signs psychologists always say to look out for is if you or a relative/friend is dating a guy that isolates a woman from friends/family because that increases his control and power over the individual. So that combined with what Heidi has done to herself physically has me genuinely worried for her. Hopefully it is just faux drama for her sake.

Conversely, I think I annoyed people last season with my theory that Kristin is a feminist role model. I truly believe that, though, because she is so strong in her relationships with guys. She's the kind of person who will never let a guy have the upper hand in a relationship and I think that women need to see more examples of that in other women even if Kristin has been shown to be manipulative as well and the obvious ideal is to have a relationship of equals at some point.

I guess the continuity of the show did drop way off when Lauren left, though. And I'm pretty sure the ratings did too so maybe that's why they're deciding to call it a day. I can't see Speidi off TV, though. If MTV doesn't want to do a spin-off around them, won't they just go to VH-1 since VH-1 will air pretty much anything? Wait, I just had a full circle moment -- Maybe Spencer is orchestrating his own faux meltdown in order to secure a spot on Celebrity Rehab!
    GREAT POST, Chris!!! ITA w/everything you said!!!
    KAREN

The show is crappy now that everyone is now all friends...I do enjoy seeing the Spencer craziness!! He looks cheap with all that jewerly on, but funny to look at!!

Kristin's voice is becoming more annoying to me with each passing episode.

The birthday party for the neighbours kid was pointless and had Spencer not had his little flip out I would hope they'd have refrained from showing any of it.
    I've said this before, but it's just not as interesting to me now with Kristin as the lead because she has nothing going on in her life...apparently.
    She just hangs out, goes shopping, goes to clubs, sits on the beach and most of all thinks about men.
    It's just rather dull to me.
    Of course I'll keep watching, if only to discover whatever it is Ryan and Audrina see in each other.

I'm no mental health expert, but I don't think Spencer was acting last night and from the previews he appears to have another breakdown in some sort of nightclub.
    That one looks authentic to my untrained eye too.

I think the fact that this was all filmed a while back doesn't help either.
    The relationships is really all that's going on this season and a quick look through the likes of Poeple or Us Weekly will tell you what happens with all of them.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Wow, Spencer really has some serious anger issues. He needs some intense inhouse therapy and Heidi needs therapy for standing by Spencer and allowing him to DISRESPECT everyone. They are two very lost and lonely souls.

Holly AND Stephanie both need to move on from any relationship with Heidi and Spencer. They really do.

To refer to Heidi's mom as just a "v" IN FRONT OF ALL THEIR FRIENDS ... extremely disturbing and Heidi sits right there and lets him talk like that ... ?

Ryan and Audriana are cute together.

Kristen AND Brody are blah.
    KAREN

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06;3901209;
    Holly AND Stephanie both need to move on from any relationship with Heidi and Spencer. They really do.

To refer to Heidi's mom as just a "v" IN FRONT OF ALL THEIR FRIENDS ... extremely disturbing and Heidi sits right there and lets him talk like that ... ?
    I think it'll be a lot harder for Holly to move on than it will for Stephanie. In fact, I don't think Holly will move on because I think she sees her sister is going through a crisis and needs help.
    I obviously don't know Holly, but I can't imagine her turning her back on Heidi and leaving her at the "mercy" of Spencer.
    Of course if Heidi is determined to stay with Spencer there's not much Holly can do except be there if Heidi ever needs her.

Still no JB this week. I'm not happy.
    He was in a bunch of season six promo shots I saw so I do hope he'll make an appearance at some point.

On a more positive note, I am rather enjoying Charlie this season and have no real idea why.
    I've just come to kind of like him. That could easily change though.
    "That's Numberwang!"

They should just rename this show "The Crazies" because that's really what Spencer and Heidi are. The rest of them, are rather dull. But I'd take dull over crazy any day.

News - Brody Jenner: Spencer Pratt Has "Lost It" - Movies, TV & Music - UsMagazine.com

Brody Jenner: Spencer Pratt Has "Lost It"

Brody Jenner thinks his former best friend Spencer Pratt has gone off the deep end.

"I actually think he's kind of lost it a little bit," Jenner, 26, said on the Kidd Kraddick in the Morning radio show Wednesday.

The new issue of Us Weekly reports Pratt, 26, has major rage issues. On the May 11 episode of The Hills, he had a violent outburst after Heidi's sister Holly confronted him about a crude remark he made about their mother being "just a vagina."

Said Jenner, "Lately, it hard for me -- even as someone who used to be best friends with him -- to see what's real and what's not as far as he goes... I see he wants attention."

Jenner also said Pratt "got all crazy with those crystals," on which Us Weekly has reported the Pratts have spent $400,000.

Us Weekly also reports that the couple are in "panic mode" about losing their source of income because neither has taped since Mid-April. (Spencer was suspended from the MTV hit after threatening to kill a producer; Heidi's role was reduced after she objected to a faux-divorce story line.)

A source tells Us Weekly show creator Adam DiVello "said he doesn't think Heidi and Spencer will come back for the series finale."

For more - including how Heidi hasn't spoken to her mom since the premiere; how Spencer has "preyed" on Heidi's insecurities and ruined her self-esteem; how pals fear Spencer could "snap at any minute" and how their sad, desperate hunger for fame has left them friendless ("No one ever visits," says a source) - pick up the new Us Weekly today!
    So, in the interest of our research here trying to figure out what's going on with Spencer, I read this whole US article after work at Borders today . It does say that the producers wanted Heidi to do a a faux divorce storyline and she refused and then Spencer threatened a producer and the two of them haven't been filmed for the show since then. That should be pretty easy to verify over the next several weeks if they just drop off the face of the show.

It also said that Spencer is in talks with two networks - Oxygen and I can't remember the other one - for a Speidi spin off. They do have an interview with Heidi and Holly's Mom and she hasn't spoken to Heidi since that trip to CO after Heidi's surgeries. I think her Mom said that was filmed sometime in February. She said they're very worried about Heidi. The article also said that Spencer has hired four full time bodyguards because he thinks someone is going to try and 'assassinate' he and Heidi. And then it said the thing about the two of them just being holed up in their house with no one ever coming to visit and them rarely leaving.

What do you guys think? Granted, other than Heidi's Mom, it's only unnamed sources but Brody seems to be backing some of this up.
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

FORT Fanatic

Where's the money coming from? The crystals, the house, no one works except for this show, and appearances they make. Plus they haven't filmed in awhile. I really think Spencer has lost it, and even before the surgery, part of Heidi's brain was sucked away. She looks awful!
    RIP....Kevin 11-29-09

+ Reply to Thread