+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: The Real World: Washington D.C.

Let the Wild Rumpus begin JustJuls's Avatar

Re: The Real World: Washington D.C.

Quote Originally Posted by RealityRealmer;3813095;
    Maybe she took it too far but I think she was trying to help Callie, who said herself she has a pattern of liking guys who are jerks to her- I think Emily was trying to show her she deserves better than that, and to stand on her own. I know she ended up offending Callie but I think her motive was to help. I don't think she is setting out to purposefully hurt people- either Callie or Ty

p.s. HI Juls! nice avatar! TAR 16 soon yay!
    Hey There! Can't wait for TAR!

I dunno...I just think that plenty of people have "drunk dialed" their ex's. It just didn't seem like that big of a thing for Emily to get upset about. Maybe warn her quietly..."do you really want to do that? do you think that was a good idea?" And then move on. She just bugged me when she went over the top and then Ty got involved
    When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, the World will know Peace

FORT Fogey

This episode got on my nerves so much. It bothered me that Andrew told Ashley that she was a liar to her face. He totally pushed her and then went after her in an aggressive way. It scared her regardless of his intentions. So why not apologize? And then why lie? Callie and Ty must have seen Andrew push her. Why would they sit back and let him accuse her of lying? Andrew was in the wrong. He should have apologized. And it did seem like he was really forcing her to the bed and trying to make out with her. That's... I mean, are you kidding me? And one of the girls said, "Ashley should expect this sort of things if she is going to play tricks on the guys." Vomit!
    Ashley let Andrew get away with treating her badly. I wish she hadn't done that. Abuse victims have to be extra protective of themselves because of their pasts. I wish she had stuck to her guns.

I think Ashley needs therapy---- she is projecting her own personal issues on everyone else! She has had many clashes because of this. Its no wonder most of them don't know how to interact with her and are afraid of her often over the top emotional unpredicatable reactions- she is a wreck. Andrew is about the farthest thing from an abusive male as you can get- I dont think its a matter of him lying, its a matter of perception and to all those present (except Ashley and her own baggage-laden issues) it seemed like they were kidding around and then she got all victim-like all of a sudden. The worst Andrew can be accused of is that he doesn't have good social skills and doesn't always know when to stop joking- but with someone like Ashley, that would be hard for anyone!! Its sad that Ashley has had these traumatic experiences but people can't be expected to know that and understand how to act to meet her varying expectations. She seriously needs some therapy. And like Andrew said, then maybe she could get past it and stop letting it define her as a person.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by RealityRealmer;3819799;
    I think Ashley needs therapy---- she is projecting her own personal issues on everyone else! She has had many clashes because of this. Its no wonder most of them don't know how to interact with her and are afraid of her often over the top emotional unpredicatable reactions- she is a wreck. Andrew is about the farthest thing from an abusive male as you can get- I dont think its a matter of him lying, its a matter of perception and to all those present (except Ashley and her own baggage-laden issues) it seemed like they were kidding around and then she got all victim-like all of a sudden. The worst Andrew can be accused of is that he doesn't have good social skills and doesn't always know when to stop joking- but with someone like Ashley, that would be hard for anyone!! Its sad that Ashley has had these traumatic experiences but people can't be expected to know that and understand how to act to meet her varying expectations. She seriously needs some therapy. And like Andrew said, then maybe she could get past it and stop letting it define her as a person.
    But he DID lie and try to convince the others that she was lying instead of taking the blame for what actually happened. You can't apologize but refuse to admit that you did what you did. He pushed her and then chased after her while thrashing is arms about. Maybe that wouldn't frighten most people but apologize because you did frighten her. I've never liked Ashley or Andrew. But I don't think Andrew could redeem himself from this.

Andrew is young....and I don't think he realized that after a certain point it wasn't just "play"....she was joking around with him and having fun and then all of a sudden she wasn't and he didn't catch on to that. I think it was definitely blown out of porportion with Ashley having to leave the house for the night. I don't like either of them really.....but I would have to go with Andrew on this one.

FORT Fanatic

Ashely is just an awful raging b*tch. She has this sense that because of what shes gone through, shes better then everyone else. She walks around with a giant chip on her shoulder and I think takes it out on Erika because she is weaker then she is.
    The apology was so pathetic. She totally took no responsibility and just made it all about herself and what she was going through.

And Mike needs to just come to grips with being gay. Hes the furthest thing from Bi. Part of me thinks hes saying that just to cover his ass with his friends from home who dont know hes out.

This show is so dull!!!

And the editing is horrible!!! If you can, go back and watch the bar scene with Mike and his "boyfriend". In the first part of the scene Mike is wearing a Human Rights Campaign t-shirt. Then is the scene when it keeps flashing to him dancing with some chicks, Mike is wearing a different t-shirt. Of course the bf is in the same t-shirt when he is talking to Erica, but if you think about the conversation without any of the dancing context it is just a boring conversation....like the rest of the show...

FORT Fogey

I think we were watching different episodes. I don't want to stand up for Ashley because she certainly says some things that I don't agree with but I really think Erika was the most wrong. Erika does seem to throw a tantrum when she doesn't get what she wants. The whole shopping fiasco was unnecessary and I think she blamed Ashley because Ashley is the easy target. She's the one in the group that does not fit in and she has a strong personality. Even when she isn't to blame, she is blamed. Basically, they are picking on her. Maybe she has done something to be hated, but she certainly isn't always wrong. But because she is hated, people will never take her side and will always look for reasons to turn against her. That is life. She needs to stop apologizing when she doesn't mean it. Sticking to your guns is not a bad thing and insincere apologies are not a good thing.
    In the end, I just hope Erika will learn that she is not the center of the universe.

She needs to stop saying snide remarks that she needs to apologize for. She doesn't think before she speaks and that can lead to hurting others feelings. She needs to learn that. I agree that Ericka over reacted during the whole shopping fiasco. And is probably overly sensitive...so their personalities combined REALLY don't mix. But Ashley feels like she is entitled to be bitch just because she didnt have a great home life. Supposably her mom is from my town...thats why Ashley said she was from Fort Bragg, CA...even though she's never lived here. Makes me wonder why she said she was from here if her and her mom don't talk and get along. Anyway....I guess I just really don't like the girl so I will probably takes "sides" with anyone over her.

FORT Fogey

My guess would be that Erika has been bottling up her frustration with Ashley for some time, and it sort of exploded on this episode. I really truly cannot stand Ashley. She's rude, narrow-minded, self-centered, self-righteous, and just downright obnoxious. It's not just that she has a "strong personality" it's that she's awful.

I don't think any of us have any right to comment on Mike's level of "gayness". Coming to terms with your sexuality is a long, personal journey. It's different to everyone, and maybe Mike considers himself Bi because he's still attracted to girls, but more so to guys. It just doesn't matter, IMO.

+ Reply to Thread